• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Announcement for NSXPO 2014!

helmet

Yes........exactly, as well as at the Honda oval.........I sent a PM to Brian and there has been no mention of this on any thread and I'm sure there are only so many lender helmets there, not to mention needing a XXXS. Then again, if we don't need them at either place - I'm certainly not going to bring it.

Thanks Bob!

I downloaded the track inspection forms and they are last years, 2013 forms. Some of the changes made to the Tech form about tire punctures, and brake pads are incomplete. Howard

Howard, Correct. There is a new version coming. Just running behind on upload.

Howard, Correct. There is a new version coming. Just running behind on upload.

I just had my car inspected this week with the old form.

For those of us just tuning in to all of this expo-ness (and planning to attend)... Do you guys have ONE location that you constantly update with all breaking information? Or do we have to read through all 158 posts in this tread as well as the other threads to find all of the "information releases" that are necessary to understand what's going on?

At this point, I know I have to join NSXCA, then book my hotel, but is that all? What is the $270 for the "social portion" for? Is that required?
We have a fellow NSXer who just told me he paid for his NSXCA membership, and during check out it asked him if he wanted to pay $30 for the dinner/banquet, so he did... and he booked his hotel for the social portion only... and he thinks he is completely finished paying for things. Is that true? I told him that I read about a $270 fee for the social portion, and he had no idea about it.

The registration site clearly sets for the early bird and regular social and track pricing. The social fee is mandatory for anyone attending the social portion and includes some meals, fees, rental costs, swag, etc. The fee is quite a bit lower than the actual cost because of our generous sponsors underwriting the event. This is not a cars and coffee type event where one may just drop in and there is no a la carte pricing. I believe the $30 is just guest fee for the banquet only and does not need to be paid by the member who is paying the $270 since it is included in that fee. I can't check the fees on my phone at the moment but all social attendees must pay the social fees that aRe stated on the registration site.

For those of us just tuning in to all of this expo-ness (and planning to attend)... Do you guys have ONE location that you constantly update with all breaking information? Or do we have to read through all 158 posts in this tread as well as the other threads to find all of the "information releases" that are necessary to understand what's going on?

At this point, I know I have to join NSXCA, then book my hotel, but is that all? What is the $270 for the "social portion" for? Is that required?
We have a fellow NSXer who just told me he paid for his NSXCA membership, and during check out it asked him if he wanted to pay $30 for the dinner/banquet, so he did... and he booked his hotel for the social portion only... and he thinks he is completely finished paying for things. Is that true? I told him that I read about a $270 fee for the social portion, and he had no idea about it.

nsxpo2014.com will have all the latest info. More coming too.

Your friend -

Can you PM me his name so I can make sure he did not over pay? The one time registration fee is all you pay to NSXCA. If you are bringing a guest you pay it twice. If you are having a guest JUST to the banquet dinner you can pay the extra money for that and they are able to join Saturday evening.

Factory Tour
Acura has invited a limited number of NSXPO attendees to tour the factory for the all New 2015 TLX

2 Tours of 40 each: Wednesday 1:00 pm and Thursday 1:00 pm
Factory Tour is in Marysville, OH
74 Places to be allocated to attendees

67 places to those registered prior to Monday, September 15
7 places by a random Last Chance Drawing
from all remaining attendees registered before October 1, 2015
6 Places for the Board of Directors, NSXPO 2014 Chairperson and the NSXPO Advisor of which 5 have been donated to the NSXPO attendees traveling from overseas including (if their tickets become available we will distribute them to the next person on the list)
Martin of Norway - 1 ticket
Steven Lee of Hawaii - 1 ticket
Scott and Dean of Australia - 2 tickets
Jerry of Puerto Rico - 1 ticket

Any update on the announcement of the chosen attendees? When will they be advised, and will this be done by email, posting, PM, or ?

Last edited:
Any update on the announcement of the chosen attendees? When will they be advised, and will this be done by email, posting, PM, or ?

Announcement is complete. It will be sent out later today via email blast to all attendees then posted here on prime later. We are finalizing everything the next two days so, hang on tight for all the info coming!

Itinerary Updates and Helmets

Itinerary will be updated shortly to fit in all the wonderful new things that Honda keeps adding. I may refer to activities below that may not have been included on the registration site itinerary (when you paid for the event) nor currently on the NSXPO2014.com site.

Helmets will be required for driving at the TRC for the skid pad courses and mini-road course as well as using their skid car (car with outriggers that simulates loosing traction to practice car control). Bob may have pictures of this from 2007 that were posted previously. Loaner helmets will be available for this, but only in the following sizes: Med, L, XL. If you have an especially petite or especially large head, you may need to provide your own or be willing to use a less than perfectly fitting helmet (though I don't know how that will work if you have a large head).

I understand there is limited space in our cars so hopefully one of the options listed will work for everyone. Helmets could be mailed ahead to the hotel though of course that adds a bit of expense on to the trip. Other attendees may allow you to borrow their helmet as well. If you prefer to have something between you and a jointly used helmet you can purchase a head sock online (google head sock) or from a local race shop or, often, a karting facility.

Brian, or Brain as I typically type, will check on the Parade Laps at the TRC, but at this point I strongly expect that they will not be needed for that part of the event since it will be at parade laps speeds (not to exceed 70 mph).

For all updates go to NSXPO2014.com breaking news. Also check your email. If we post something on NSXPO2014.com you should also be receiving an email as well.

Social / Track guidebooks all published on NSXPO2014.com

A long with Student and Instructor evaluation forms for the track attendees.

- - - Updated - - -

Just want to make everyone aware. This year we are adding all the maps /
guides / forms needed to the website. The Website is optimized for mobile
use and will allow you all to click on the link with a smartphone and begin
the directions to your destination. I have tried to make sure they are very
thorough maps and a very minimal amount of construction type issue will be
present. Unless they have started it recently since the roads have been
traveled.

So, If you have a smartphone feel free to save the paper and use it via the
nsxpo2014.com site. There is a link to all the maps on the homepage.

Here is the link if you want to try it out :

http://www.nsxpo2014.com/#!maps/c4ft

We will have copies available for you at registration in conventional paper
form too if you are not a smartphone user.

Thank you!
Brian and the NSXPO2014 team

I'm having problems inputting the Hocking Hills Lodge into my GPS - it can't find Rt. 664 S in Logan..........I tried tying all sorts of variances of the street name but still no luck. Is the road "Route 664 South" and not sure if I enter the ST for Street first or leave it out - tried many combinations but no luck? Any suggestions? Guess I just can't get lost...........

Thanks
Shawna

I'm having problems inputting the Hocking Hills Lodge into my GPS - it can't find Rt. 664 S in Logan..........I tried tying all sorts of variances of the street name but still no luck. Is the road "Route 664 South" and not sure if I enter the ST for Street first or leave it out - tried many combinations but no luck? Any suggestions? Guess I just can't get lost...........

Thanks
Shawna

Try OH 664

Thanks - that works..........

Back