• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OFFICIAL Caravan from Texas to Vegas (Late Option)

Scott has asked that I make this post.

Looks like we are going to have two groups going to Vegas. Scott and Chris will be doing the early option (He's thinking about ~Saturday 23rd). I'll be doing the late option. He's going to post tomorrow.

We're looking for people to sign up so we can get thing organized.

Depart
Tuesday 7AM
-Houston, TX

Depart
Tuesday 10AM
-San Antonio, TX
-Austin would drive down that morning
-Dallas would have arrived the night before?

Arrive Tuesday 7PM
Depart Wednesday 7AM
-Las Cruces, NM

Arrive Wednesday 2PM
Depart Wednesday 4PM
-Phoenix, AZ

Wednesday 9PM
-Las Vegas, NV

RETURN TRIP:
Depart Tuesday November 2nd
Las Vegas, NV

Arrive Wednesday November 3rd
Texas

Please indicate if you are also going to be doing the return trip.

Thanks,

1. PoKnow (THERE AND BACK)

I might be in. I will know something with in the week.:smile:

For you southwestern folks driving up Rt 93 from Phoenix, we have a meet organized in Kingman, AZ at the McDonalds junction of I-40 and Andy Divine at 3pm Wednesday. We will be driving across Hoover Dam and into Vegas all together with a photo shoot at the dam.

FYI:

Here is our tentative schedule for the entire I-81, I-40, and Rt.93 drive. All attendees driving part of this route, please PM me.

Sat 10/23

6:00 - NYC area
7:00 - Bridgewater, NJ (I-78)
9:30 - Harrisburg, PA (I-81)
1:00 - Staunton, VA (I-81)
3:00 - Christiansburg, VA (I-81)
5:00 - Colonial Heights, TN
7:30 - Knoxville, TN (I-40)

Sun 10/24

6:00 - Knoxville, TN
8:30 - Nashville, TN
12 noon - Memphis, TN
(No more driving that day due to party night in Memphis)

Mon 10/25

6:00 - Memphis, TN
8:30 - Little Rock, AR
11:00 - Fort Smith, AR
3:00 - Oklahoma City, OK

Tue 10/26

6:00 - Oklahoma City, OK
8:00 - Elk City, OK
10:30 - Amarillo, TX
1:00 - Tucumcari, NM
4:30 - Albuquerque, NM

Wed 10/27

6:00 - Albuquerque, NM
8:00 - Gallup, NM
12 noon - Flagstaff, AZ
3:00 - Kingman,AZ
6:00 or later? - Las Vegas, NV NSXPO 2010 !!!!!

For you southwestern folks driving up Rt 93 from Phoenix, we have a meet organized in Kingman, AZ at the McDonalds junction of I-40 and Andy Divine at 3pm Wednesday. We will be driving across Hoover Dam and into Vegas all together with a photo shoot at the dam.

FYI:

Here is our tentative schedule for the entire I-81, I-40, and Rt.93 drive. All attendees driving part of this route, please PM me.

Sat 10/23

6:00 - NYC area
7:00 - Bridgewater, NJ (I-78)
9:30 - Harrisburg, PA (I-81)
1:00 - Staunton, VA (I-81)
3:00 - Christiansburg, VA (I-81)
5:00 - Colonial Heights, TN
7:30 - Knoxville, TN (I-40)

Sun 10/24

6:00 - Knoxville, TN
8:30 - Nashville, TN
12 noon - Memphis, TN
(No more driving that day due to party night in Memphis)

Mon 10/25

6:00 - Memphis, TN
8:30 - Little Rock, AR
11:00 - Fort Smith, AR
3:00 - Oklahoma City, OK

Tue 10/26

6:00 - Oklahoma City, OK
8:00 - Elk City, OK
10:30 - Amarillo, TX
1:00 - Tucumcari, NM
4:30 - Albuquerque, NM

Wed 10/27

6:00 - Albuquerque, NM
8:00 - Gallup, NM
12 noon - Flagstaff, AZ
3:00 - Kingman,AZ
6:00 or later? - Las Vegas, NV NSXPO 2010 !!!!!

I will meet you guys there at Kingman AZ. I am planning on going to Arizona Monday morning and will visit family there til Wednesday.

As an intro, I have a red w/black 1991 and I would like to join the late option group. I have spoken to Scott about the trip and it all sounds great to me. I will most likely trailer the car back.

Larry

Meeting places and times.

TUESDAY 26TH

Houston

Meeting time:
6:30AM

19411 Atrium Place, Houston, Texas

Departure:
7:00AM

San Antonio

Meeting time:
9:30AM

18303 Rim Dr
San Antonio, TX 78257

Departure:
10:00AM

ITEMS TO BRING
-FRS RADIO (Channel 19 - Privacy Code 91) :D

Optional items:
-Oil
-Coolant
-Other fluids

HOTEL AT MIDPOINT

Moses managed to hook us up at Fort Bliss. Just outside of El Paso.

Last edited:
1. PoKnow (THERE AND BACK)
2. Moses (THERE)
3. ladougl (THERE)
4. silverNEEK (maybe) (THERE)
5. gdae (THERE AND BACK):biggrin:

I need a head count (ASAP) on how many people are staying at Fort Bliss so I can make a reservation. Can you add a +1 next to your name if your staying with someone in the same room or add another number and put guest on it. Thanks.

1. PoKnow
2. Moses
3. ladougl
4. silverNEEK
5. gdae

Last edited:
This is the email I received from the lodge:

SPC Perez, We can't make 5 reservations under the same name. Please email the names (first and last) of the guest that will be occupying the rooms and how many people in each room.Also indicate who needs the room with the two beds.

That being said, I need everyone's info pmed to me asap as possible so that I can reserve these rooms.

Last edited:
Update:

Reservations have been made, confirmation numbers next to screen name. Check in time is at 1500 all reservations will cancel at 1800 unlessguaranteed with a credit card for the individual who is using the reservation. Number to call to guarantee rooms is 915-565-7777

1. PoKnow+1 # 486657
2. Moses done
3. gdae #486659
4. ladougl

Last edited:
We are going to be heading out early in the AM to get to Tucson, AZ on Tuesday where we will be staying with family. Then the next day to Las Vegas :) where hopefully we can catch up with the convoy to the hotel. See you all soon.

Guys my number is 570-565-9695.

As the day approaches call me if there are any questions.

We will be leaving each check point on time!

Anyone from Houston. Be there before 7AM.

Kevin

Guys my number is 570-565-9695.

As the day approaches call me if there are any questions.

We will be leaving each check point on time!

Anyone from Houston. Be there before 7AM.

Kevin

Well hell. I missed the posting asking for the head count. I just spoke to Donna at Fort Bliss and she says that she does not have a room reserved for me and none are available. Any suggestions?

Larry

Well hell. I missed the posting asking for the head count. I just spoke to Donna at Fort Bliss and she says that she does not have a room reserved for me and none are available. Any suggestions?

Larry

Bunk with gdae. I don't know if he's guaranteed his room yet though. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. Still need your last name.

My phone number if any needs me 2.1.0-3.9.4-9.7.6.3

Call or text any time.

Guess I'll be by myself at the meet point. Let me know if any gets lost. Should be easy to find.

My name is Moses by the way. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Just touching base with you folks. I've confirmed with Fort Bliss lodging (thank you Moses) and dropped a line to ladougl offering a place to crash if he needs it.
So I'll be seeing you guys bright and early tomorrow. If I'm not there on time then something really bad (or really good) happened to me.
If you need it, my cell number is (281)814-6172.
Randal

Sorry about that. Douglas. Larry Douglas. See you in the a.m.

Before you answered back I took a guess at your last name and manage to make a reservation under Larry Dougal :biggrin: Here's the email I received, just have her correct the last name. Don't say I never did anything for you. :tongue:

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

SPC Perez, Reservations have been made for Mr. Dougal Larry arriving 26 October anddeparting 27 October 2010. Check in time is at 1500 all reservations will cancel at 1800 unless guaranteed with a credit card for the individual who is using the reservation. Number to call to guarantee room is 915-565-7777

Thank you,Sonia Guzman
Group Coordinator
Fort Bliss Army Lodging

Last edited:
Back