• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Official Group Buy - Prospeed NSX Sport Exhaust

NSX Prime Group Buy Form

This is a:
[x] Direct vendor group buy
[ ] Third party group buy
If third party, payment will be made:
[x] Directly to the vendor (must link to vendor's NSX Prime Vendor page or include address and contact info.)
[ ] To a third party (Any third party taking payment must follow Vendor Requirements)

Minimum Number of Units: 1

Maximum Number of Units (can be unlimited): 5

Closing Date (max. 90 days - no open-ended group buys): 2 weeks (Feb 14)

Product Will Ship:
[x] As payments are received
[ ] After the group buy is closed

Payment Procedure:
[ ] No deposit, payment due prior to shipping
[ ] Deposit of ____ upon sign up, balance due ________
[x] Payment in full upon signing up

Payment Methods Accepted (indicate any convenience fees): Paypal to [email protected]

Estimated Delivery Time / Date: 2 weeks after payment

Product Pricing (can be tiered): $1095 normally retails for $1345

Shipping & Insurance Costs (if not included): $100 in the US. PM for international shipping.

Signup List (optional for unlimited unit group buys with non-tiered pricing)

PROSPEED NSX SPORT EXHAUST SYSTEM

Hi Primers,

We are again proud to introduce another exciting product to the NSX community. We have spent months design and developing the new Prospeed Sport Exhaust System. Originally I had envisioned a X-pipe designed exhaust that was light weight, free flowing for maximum horsepower and a tuned exhaust note that eliminated drone and sounded aggressive but civil around town. I believe I achieved my goals. Before starting the project I was looking around and found an exhaust that had a similar design to what I envisioned. The GRF exhaust was the exhaust and not only did it looked good but sounded great as well. It is not readily available so I decided to go ahead and build our own exhaust to our specs and offer it to the community. This is one of the most well rounded exhausts on the market.

Details:
-Full 304 High Grade US Stainless Steel exhaust system
-Fully Tig Welded and test fitted
-CNC Precision cut flanges
-Fully Polished SS Single walled 3.5" slightly slanted tips
-Ultra light robotic welded mufflers
-304 SS Tubed hangers for light weight (Every Gram Counts!)
-X-pipe to help with scavenging and sound
-Tuned length exhaust to reduced drone and increase sound pleasure
-Weighs only 20.6lbs vs the OEM 44lbs (Almost a 24lbs weight reduction)
-Produces up to 17whp over the OEM exhaust system
-Completely bolt on system
-Gaskets included
-Made in the USA

Applications:
-91-96 NSX
-97-05 NSX with adaptors

Versions:
DSE-01

Availability:
Now for all years

Price:
Retail $1345

Pics:

Prospeed DSE-01
ps_exhaust_system1.jpg

X-Pipe
xpipe.jpg

Bottom View
ProspeedExhaustbottom.jpg

Installed
reardyno.jpg

Rear view
rearview.jpg

Titanium tip upgrade: +100

Titaniumtips.jpg

Weight
Pseweight.jpg

Dyno Proven
We tested our exhaust vs the OEM NSX exhaust with positive results. With hp gains of 17whp at 7500rpm and 7-8ft lbs of torque we were happy with the results.

Details:
Dyno: Dynapak dynometer

The car has about 179,XXX Miles on it (1991 NSX, 5speed)

Mods:
Before-Stock OEM Airbox, Pride Headers and Test pipes, Prospeed RDX Injector kit and ECU ROM tune, and OEM NSX exhaust.
After-Stock OEM Airbox, Pride Headers and Test pipes, Prospeed RDX Injector kit and ECU ROM tune, Prospeed DSE-01 Sport Exhaust

We tested the NSX with a stock muffler and made 3 runs to back them up... put the fan on the exhaust and removed and installed the Prospeed Exhaust within 45 mins. We than made 3 passes to verify. No other changes were made to the car.

PSE.jpg

Sound:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tXpuMsMp8FU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UjzTHkAsOL8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:
I am interested. What is the pipe diameter size difference from stock OEM? Will most rear diffusers fit with this exhaust?

Last edited:
I have a Difflo Diffuser, will it fit over the exhaust? If so, I would like to be added for the larger pipe exhaust system.

1. ChrisK
2. NSXRAY1
3. Clean_Green (+ titanium Tip option)

I have 2 more spots left guys! This is a great chance to have a light weight, amazing sounding, and proven hp producing exhaust! =)

Here's a pic of the Titanium tip upgrade

Titaniumtips.jpg

Last edited:
1. ChrisK
2. NSXRAY1
3. Clean_Green (+ titanium Tip option)

I have 2 more spots left guys! This is a great chance to have a light weight, amazing sounding, and proven hp producing exhaust! =)

Here's a pic of the Titanium tip upgrade

Titaniumtips.jpg

Is the titanium tip upgrade a slip on tip or welded on? I miss my ARC with burnt titanium tips and would love this upgrade but I don't like the slip on tips.

Is the titanium tip upgrade a slip on tip or welded on? I miss my ARC with burnt titanium tips and would love this upgrade but I don't like the slip on tips.

Hi Chris,

They are slip on. You can barely tell they're slip on unless you walk up and stand right next to it and stare! =)

Hey Brian,

Nice speaking with you. Cant wait to get it and bolt it on.

1) Larger diameter pipes.
2) Titanium tips
3) Adapters

Thanks
Jeff

any sound clips of the exhaust on an 02+ with stock headers and cats? or maybe a 3.2L with NA2 headers/cats?

Thanks!

Is it possible to get put down on the FI version? how big are the pipes? Maybe we can toss the exhaust in Chris K's box to hawaii to save shipping haha

Is it possible to get put down on the FI version? how big are the pipes? Maybe we can toss the exhaust in Chris K's box to hawaii to save shipping haha

It's coming along guys hopefully next week! :) I can do a FI version. It's 2.25" diameter.

I have a Difflo Diffuser, will it fit over the exhaust? If so, I would like to be added for the larger pipe exhaust system.

I finally installed this exhaust yesterday (bought it last year and have been sitting on it). Excellent fabrication, super-easy install, great sound. Where we *may* have a failure is with the Diffuser question. I am replacing my rear valence with a Sorcery 02-style valence and intended on installing my Difflow Diffuser. Unfortunately from my measurements and the pics in this thread I do not believe that this will work.

Specifically, if you look at the "Installed view" and "Rear view" above, you will see the piping is *below* the bottom of the valence which is where the rear of the diffuser must mount to. I think this is going to be off by at least 1.5 inches and even at that distance the top of the diffuser would be touching the piping. :frown:

Still waiting for video or reviews about the FI version.

It was built for N/A... this version... I also have a FI version which has slightly larger piping =) It would be only $100 more but well worth it and sounds wicked.

Back