• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Group Drive to Mt Lemmon - March 31st

Please join us on Saturday, March 31st for our 1st NSX group drive of the year to Mt Lemmon near Tucson.

Proposed Itinery:

-PHX group meet at Dick's Sporting Goods in South Tempe near the 10 and Warner at 7:00 am (QT down the street on Warner & Hardy if you need to fillup) *Dick's Sporting Goods* Emerald Center, 8550 S. Emerald Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284

-leave Dick's at 7:30 am

-stop for gas in Tucson/meet up with Tucson group around 9:30am (Tanque Verde Shopping center - Northeast corner of Tanque Verde and Sabino Canyon Rd) - 9565 East 22nd Street #105, Tucson, AZ

-drive up Catalina Hwy to Mt Lemmon and back down

-lunch at Sir Vezas in Tucson (Tucson Mall) around Noon http://www.sirvezas.com/ 220 West Wetmore - Tucson, Arizona 85705

-group drive back to PHX (should be back in PHX around 3:00 - 4:00pm)

Going:
1. OyATL
2. RedWings
3. Viper Driver +1
4. joboy77
5. xiongb1
6. naaman
7. kevin_87 +1
8. dirtbag

Instead of taking I-10 all the way down to Tucson, we will be taking the back roads. More scenic and less traffic.

Route from Tempe to Tucson: http://g.co/maps/qf3jb

<iframe width="700" height="700" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Emerald+Center,+8550+S.+Emerald+Drive,+Tempe,+AZ+85284,+85284+(Dick's+Sporting+Goods)&daddr=Exit+185+to:AZ-387+N+to:AZ-287+E+to:AZ-79+S+to:AZ-79+S%2FPinal+Pioneer+Pkwy+to:N+Oracle+Rd+to:E+Sunrise+Dr+to:Cold+Stone+Creamery,+East+Tanque+Verde+Road,+Tucson,+AZ+to:N+Sabino+Canyon+Pkwy&hl=en&sll=32.427862,-110.75901&sspn=0.021553,0.045362&geocode=FeKt_AEdT4FT-SGjomObi0KANQ%3BFSKP9wEd1MJW-Q%3BFWTe9wEdcpFY-Q%3BFRTW9wEd4Vtc-Q%3BFQiz9wEda4Rc-Q%3BFVXH8AEdT0tj-Q%3BFehu7QEd_J1i-Q%3BFXL-7AEdBaZk-Q%3BFYEd7AEdYLZk-SFjpHvu0BGeEA%3BFWzQ7gEdggBm-Q&oq=cold+stone+creamery,+Tucson,+AZ&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&ie=UTF8&ll=32.794201,-111.329956&spn=1.616154,1.925354&z=9&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Emerald+Center,+8550+S.+Emerald+Drive,+Tempe,+AZ+85284,+85284+(Dick's+Sporting+Goods)&daddr=Exit+185+to:AZ-387+N+to:AZ-287+E+to:AZ-79+S+to:AZ-79+S%2FPinal+Pioneer+Pkwy+to:N+Oracle+Rd+to:E+Sunrise+Dr+to:Cold+Stone+Creamery,+East+Tanque+Verde+Road,+Tucson,+AZ+to:N+Sabino+Canyon+Pkwy&hl=en&sll=32.427862,-110.75901&sspn=0.021553,0.045362&geocode=FeKt_AEdT4FT-SGjomObi0KANQ%3BFSKP9wEd1MJW-Q%3BFWTe9wEdcpFY-Q%3BFRTW9wEd4Vtc-Q%3BFQiz9wEda4Rc-Q%3BFVXH8AEdT0tj-Q%3BFehu7QEd_J1i-Q%3BFXL-7AEdBaZk-Q%3BFYEd7AEdYLZk-SFjpHvu0BGeEA%3BFWzQ7gEdggBm-Q&oq=cold+stone+creamery,+Tucson,+AZ&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&ie=UTF8&ll=32.794201,-111.329956&spn=1.616154,1.925354&z=9&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

cat_hwy.jpg

Catalina%20Highway.jpg

funding_national_scenic_byways.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited:
i'm probably too lazy to do this drive anyways, but as an aside.. it's on at the same time as NASA's biiggest event of the year at Firebird. So i'm out regardless.

i'm probably too lazy to do this drive anyways, but as an aside.. it's on at the same time as NASA's biiggest event of the year at Firebird. So i'm out regardless.
aww man, this is on the biggest NASA date of the year! :( Have fun guys!
Bummer this falls on the same day with the NASA event. We will certainly setup another cruise before it gets too hot.

Why are you guys gonna skip out on an awesome drive just to watch some stupid shuttle launch? I'm sure NASA will launch more. :biggrin:

Looking through old threads in our region, it looks like you are the only NSX owner left in Tucson/SV/Mexico. :biggrin:

Where do you want us to meet you?

I know there are more Tucson folks on here, I might have to send some PMs out to them to see what they are up to.

Looking at Google's quickest way through Tucson, looks like it wants an exit at Grant from I-10 and head east to Tanque Verde, then left on Tanque and east to the Catalina Highway, where it's another left and off to Mt. Lemmon.

I'm going to scope the road out for a good gas station to meet at. Grant isn't exactly the best road to show off Tucson to out-of-towners, and there are a couple of gas stations I can think of that I definitely don't want us stopping at. If you haven't spent a lot of time in Tucson, the biggest difference between here and Phoenix is the lack of highway through town to get around. There really is no easy way to the NE side of town from the Interstate.....stoplight after stoplight after stoplight......

Anyways, plan on the aforementioned routing through Tucson and I'll pick a spot along there for us to meet up at. For the return trip, I'll lead us through a different route to get to Sir Vezas/lunch.

I know there are more Tucson folks on here, I might have to send some PMs out to them to see what they are up to.

Looking at Google's quickest way through Tucson, looks like it wants an exit at Grant from I-10 and head east to Tanque Verde, then left on Tanque and east to the Catalina Highway, where it's another left and off to Mt. Lemmon.

I'm going to scope the road out for a good gas station to meet at. Grant isn't exactly the best road to show off Tucson to out-of-towners, and there are a couple of gas stations I can think of that I definitely don't want us stopping at. If you haven't spent a lot of time in Tucson, the biggest difference between here and Phoenix is the lack of highway through town to get around. There really is no easy way to the NE side of town from the Interstate.....stoplight after stoplight after stoplight......

Anyways, plan on the aforementioned routing through Tucson and I'll pick a spot along there for us to meet up at. For the return trip, I'll lead us through a different route to get to Sir Vezas/lunch.

It looks like we will be coming into Tucson from Hwy 77 and stopping at the Tanque Verde Shopping Center (Northeast corner of Tanque Verde and Sabino Canyon Rd). Arriving around 9:30ish or so.

Will that work for ya?

It looks like we will be coming into Tucson from Hwy 77 and stopping at the Tanque Verde Shopping Center (Northeast corner of Tanque Verde and Sabino Canyon Rd). Arriving around 9:30ish or so.

Will that work for ya?

Sounds good to me! See you guys there!

Hey Guys...

I would so like to be there for this one, but I joined NASA and will be at their all-day event at Firebird running HPDE events with Jim and Ravi!

My KW Clubsports are on order... :biggrin:

You all have a ball!

Best, Tim.

Please add NSX Primer "dirtbag" to the list. He's going to meet us along the Catalina Highway on the way up and follow us all the way to Sir Veza's for lunch.

Speaking of lunch, I need to know if anyone's bringing a passenger along so i can get an accurate head count for lunch reservations.

Should be a great time!

Back