• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oh no!, more exhaust advice needed......

Sorry for putting this topic up for the 585th time, but the previous threads did not answer my questions.

My NSX is all stock except for the exhaust which is a 'Remus', but is not realy my cup of tea. I think it's to quiet, though David from Swiss told me it's actually quiet loud (???)

Since some of you have experience with the Remus exhaust (Ilya???), could someone give me info on the differences compared to other exhausts sold in the US. I realy like the RM DTM dual tip.
I like it louder, but since my NSX is my everyday car, i don't want to make it an '10-minute' car.

Thankx,

Dutchy

[This message has been edited by DutchBlackNsx (edited 02 August 2001).]

I like my Remus for the reason it's quiet until you open it up. I also like the dual chrome tips. Aside from that, I wish I had more info on it. I tried searching all over the net for info on this exhaust for the NSX (weight, construction, performance, etc) and found nothing.

Hey Ilya,

Now that picture you're using for your avatar is big time funny. Big thumbs up!!!

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dutch i have a 91 bone stock and i just had the RM DTM exhaust put on and it sounds awesome. I also did not want a real loud system it sounds so much better than the stocker. When your at highway speed it is not that loud at all but when your on it man o man it's music to your ears.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

http://www.remus.at

You'll have to register to look at the stuff, but all you see is a drawing....

I checked the price for common interest and its abour USD 800 (ex.19% VAT), on special request only.

Maybe you can request technical data...

Dutchy

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:
My NSX is all stock except for the exhaust which is a 'Remus', but is not realy my cup of tea. I think it's to quiet, though David from Swiss told me it's actually quiet loud (???)

Hi Dutch,

My Remus exhaust is too quiet at idle but at WOT with the help of the RM Cold intake ! Mama mia !
wink.gif

Now I am looking for a pair of cat bypass pipes !

How louder is the sound with cat bypass pipes ?

Regards
David

I've heard the Remus with Comptech Headers and no cats. It sounded awesome, very F355! Looking forward to it someday when I get the headers.

Understanding the purpose of headers, i was wondering how much headers would affect the sound?

Is it an option to just 'empty' the catylic converters?

I'm thinking of opening up the Remus, and getting some insulating material out, but i've heard that this will end in more noise, but an awful sound (?).
Also i have tried my NSX without an airfilter, and with the airfilter and the original Honda intake tube removed.
I noticed there was a slight increase in sound, but nothing spectaculair (the 'turbo' sound is funny though)

'still hesitating'

Dutchy

Back