• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SAKEBOMB GARAGE FPSpec Long-Stroke Ohlins DFV - ON SALE for April 2023!

SAKEBOMB GARAGE FPSpec Long-Stroke Ohlins DFV - ON SALE for April 2023!

Take advantage of it while you can!
For any inquires, email us [email protected] for any questions on how to place an order!

Check out product page, click below:

FRONT PAGE BANNER.png

NSXFPspec01__53533.jpeg

Last edited:
can you do 10/8 kg/mm set?

Bumping for a solid seller. Enjoying my FP Spec Öhlins (grand touring) setup for around 6k miles. It works for what I do with my NSX, which is road trips and some spirited driving in the curves.

Did you start shipping ? Didnt get any notification yet (order was placed last week)
Thanks for your order! Your shocks are currently in the valving lab, and are expected to be done in about 2 weeks, and we will then build them up and ship them out immediately.

How bout mine?

Bueller.....

should I be getting nervous?

They are most responsive using the contact through their own site.. FYI

Got mine today...excited to compare them to oem type R...getting installed next week.

Mine are getting installed next week too :) Looking forward to the difference with the Bilstein w/ Tein springs.
I'll set the height at Type S specs since I got the GT spring weights, which are similar to Type S...

This seems like a really nice option if you want to level up from the BC but not go race crazy with JRZ or MCS. Interested to hear the feedback!

so first drive after getting installed by my dealership tech who is very good. First the bad..the box containing the suspension was missing some fasteners...some of the hardware on the shocks was loose. The guys at SB were apologetic and sent the missing items out quickly. As much as he tried he could not get the system lower than stock ride height due to potential spring rattling related to droop...so much for my desired type R drop...:cry:

Now the good....holy smokes how much lighter the new components are compared to the type R, I did not measure but to my arm and back scale half the weight. They are super responsive and smoooooth on the rebound. Car feels very lively. Despite the increased ride height the grip and body roll are decreased/ improved. I have the front and rear at midway in damping at about 17 turns. I will say that I ordered a semi custom 10/8 kg/mm spring set, so maybe that has something to do with the lowering issues...I will make lemonade by embracing the increased steetability of the oem/SUV ride height..

I concur on the rebound smoothness.
Do you have a trick for adjusting the rear ones ? I can barely access them without removing the rear garnish, they fit in there tightly...
Got mine adjusted to full soft at the moment, I'll tighten whatever is needed I suppose, even then I can feel the wheels hug the road much better with less hopping around.

so first drive after getting installed by my dealership tech who is very good. First the bad..the box containing the suspension was missing some fasteners...some of the hardware on the shocks was loose. The guys at SB were apologetic and sent the missing items out quickly. As much as he tried he could not get the system lower than stock ride height due to potential spring rattling related to droop...so much for my desired type R drop...:cry:

Now the good....holy smokes how much lighter the new components are compared to the type R, I did not measure but to my arm and back scale half the weight. They are super responsive and smoooooth on the rebound. Car feels very lively. Despite the increased ride height the grip and body roll are decreased/ improved. I have the front and rear at midway in damping at about 17 turns. I will say that I ordered a semi custom 10/8 kg/mm spring set, so maybe that has something to do with the lowering issues...I will make lemonade by embracing the increased steetability of the oem/SUV ride height..
You should have no problem lowering it more. Once I installed mine with the default ride height made it look like a 4x4. Make sure you adjust the top two perches and not the lower one like the BC Racing coils. I have dropped it over 1.3" and they feel amazing. Zero rubbing or noise. Switched with my bubbies NSX last weekend for a quick drive and he couldn't believe how tight and yet comfortable the ride was. He just installed KWs last year and and will be ordering the SB kit this summer.

On top of everything, I have a 18-19 215/35 up front to his 17-18 215/40. I have owned 7 NSXs since 2000 and have tried numerous coilovers on mine or other NSXs. These are simply amazing!!!!

Attachments

• 20230506_092518.jpg
    20230506_092518.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230522_163617.jpg
    20230522_163617.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 51
so you guys tell me If you would want it lower

second pic oem RRRR
first... SB set

Attachments

• 20230607_170938.jpg
    20230607_170938.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230523_180637.jpg
    20230523_180637.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 47
the oem R is not adjustable so it was what it was..My tech who installed SB went by oem ride height and rake..

I had no issues with ride height adjustment. I have their premade Grand Touring setup. The guy who installed mine lowered mine significantly. In fact, I had to raise the car. Here’s my current ride height, which is right (to me) for Cleveland roads:

IMG_9590.jpeg
I concur on the rebound smoothness.
Do you have a trick for adjusting the rear ones ? I can barely access them without removing the rear garnish, they fit in there tightly...
Got mine adjusted to full soft at the moment, I'll tighten whatever is needed I suppose, even then I can feel the wheels hug the road much better with less hopping around.

I adjusted my rear damping a couple of months ago. I had to take off the rear garnish. It takes me only a couple minutes to do that nowadays, so it’s an annoyance, but not a big one. I’m currently set to 8 clicks from hard in the front, and five from hard in the rear. This setting is enough to keep my front end from rising when I do full acceleration. (I’m twin-turbo’d, and on softer rear settings, the front rises significantly on acceleration. Setting is *chef’s kiss* perfect for me, now.

I also agree with improved rebound smoothness, this is what convinced me to switch from Bilstein/stock NA2 springs.

Last edited:
@docjohn going with softer springs would suggest a lower initial ride height already (not higher). I wonder if they ordered the right spring height for you. Also, this might go without saying, but I hope your mechanic used the bottom bracket (aka lower mount, lower mount ring) adjustment to adjust ride height like on a BC Racing, Tein, and many JDM coilovers, not the spring perch/seat itself (like on a KW or JRZ).

Double_Wishbone_Coilover_With_Labels.jpg

@docjohn going with softer springs would suggest a lower initial ride height already (not higher). I wonder if they ordered the right spring height for you. Also, this might go without saying, but I hope your mechanic used the bottom bracket (aka lower mount, lower mount ring) adjustment to adjust ride height like on a BC Racing, Tein, and many JDM coilovers, not the spring perch/seat itself (like on a KW or JRZ).

Double_Wishbone_Coilover_With_Labels.jpg
As I mentioned before, these are NOT like the BC Racing and co. They get adjusted just like the KWs and JRZ. Very important do not use the lower mount to adjust. They are preset for rebound.

As I mentioned before, these are NOT like the BC Racing and co. They get adjusted just like the KWs and JRZ. Very important do not use the lower mount to adjust. They are preset for rebound.
Are you sure about that? I'm not saying you're wrong but that's very different than the DFV's I had on my S2000 then. Looking at the photos on their website it seems the same shock body construction with the adjustable bottom bracket. My knowledge tells me you're wrong but i'm happy to be proven incorrect if that's some new tech I'm not aware about.

SBG NSX
NSXFPspec01__53533.1565302165.1280.1280.jpg

SBG S2000 Long Stroke
FPspec01__01306.1485303631.1280.1280.JPG

EDIT: I do see that they don't use helper springs on the standard, non-long stroke version of the S2000. The added helper spring does support your case.
FPSport01__71360.1588892268.1280.1280.jpg

Are you sure about that? I'm not saying you're wrong but that's very different than the DFV's I had on my S2000 then. Looking at the photos on their website it seems the same shock body construction with the adjustable bottom bracket. My knowledge tells me you're wrong but i'm happy to be proven incorrect if that's some new tech I'm not aware about.

SBG NSX
NSXFPspec01__53533.1565302165.1280.1280.jpg

SBG S2000 Long Stroke
FPspec01__01306.1485303631.1280.1280.JPG

EDIT: I do see that they don't use helper springs on the standard, non-long stroke version of the S2000. The added helper spring does support your case.
FPSport01__71360.1588892268.1280.1280.jpg
I'm pretty sure . Ask me how I know 😂

I had to readjust everything over the phone with Heath. I was lucky I didn't move them to much and I was able to return them to their initial position. Need to adjust from here. 20230410_184530~3.jpg

Back