• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil Level Spec Reading on Scanner

Just changed my oil, dipstick shows slightly above second dot, my scanner (with Acura software) is registering 52/53MM reading? Anyone know if this is in spec? I cannot find oil level specs anywhere.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris
2017 Pearl White

Interesting, I had understood that the only way to determine the oil level is to scroll to the screen where the car determines if the oil is warm enough. Once it is warm enough, you then allow the car to idle until you move to the next section. Here you can check the dipstick with the engine off and get an idea of oil level. I am not aware of an electronic method. I tried my OBd2 Reader with Honda software. I only have access to resetting the oil life. There was no reference to oil level. Are you using the Honda genuine software and reader? They are pretty pricey.

1662393266554.png

Last edited:
Interesting, I had understood that the only way to determine the oil level is to scroll to the screen where the car determines if the oil is warm enough. Once it is warm enough, you then allow the car to idle until you move to the next section. Here you can check the dipstick with the engine off and get an idea of oil level. I am not aware of an electronic method. I tried my OBd2 Reader with Honda software. I only have access to resetting the oil life. There was no reference to oil level. Are you using the Honda genuine software and reader? They are pretty pricey.

View attachment 174485
Yes, I am using a Foxwell OBD2 scanner I purchased with Honda/Acura software. Was the only way I was able to reset my passenger seat sensor, which I triggered when disconnecting & removing seat from car. Cheaper to buy scanner than to have my local Acura clear error. So playing with it, I found a screen that actual displays the actual oil reading in MM. This is what I am inquiring about, anyone know what the req specs are? Cant find them anywhere. May just need to reach out to my local Acura shop.

Apologize for my delayed response. I will try uploading a picture of the screen from my scanner this weekend.

Cheers
Chris
2017 Pearl White

My scanner is also a Foxwell NT530. Looking forward to seeing the pics you have. What model Foxwell are you using?

Back