• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ojas's Lexus LFA

Interesting video....rewind back to early 1990 - 1989 and a lot of the same stuff was said about the NSX.

The bottom line the Japanese companies can flex their Engineering muscles when they need too.

Bram

Ever since it was released I've wanted to love the LFA. I was a Lexus owner and fan back then but thought there was something wrong with me that the LFA didn't stir any passion in my soul.

I'm not really a Lexus fan anymore (I think they now put out one of the worst-looking lineups of any car manufacturer, they have lost their reputation for quality and customer service, and they no longer represent a value in pricing compared to their German competition), but have still always thought the LFA should thrill me like the NSX does (and did).

It's finally time to realize I simply don't like the looks of the LFA, outside or in. To me, it's just kind of awkward and (dare I say) boring. I'm sure it's an engineering masterpiece, and it's great that Toyota was willing to reportedly green-light the project despite knowing they'd lose a fortune in the process. But, to me (and this is of course completely subjective), it falls into the category of cars that I wouldn't take even if you gave one to me. Okay, maybe I'd take one to immediately sell it and take the cash instead, but the car itself just doesn't do it for me.

I would take those keys and immediately list it for sale. I have no room for another car at my house, and why would I need an LFA when I already have a brand new NSX? Not sure why that would peg your BS meter; methinks it needs calibration. ;)

Back