• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ok Another Over Discussed Topic

Well after seeing how HIGH my antenna goes I decided to pull the plug on the antenna and go from there.. Well no luck.. Where I live and work the antenna reception is horrible. So has anyone tried some kind of stubby antenna? or shorter antenna?

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

I'm not sure I understand the problem. If your reception is horrible, why would you want a shorter antenna for which reception is likely to be even worse?

I dont like the 6' factory antenna.. I would settle for a 3' or a stubby one.. I pulled the stock antenna up 2' and the reception is fine..

I just measured the fully-extended antenna on my '91 (I'm the original owner) and it's 38 inches long. Is it possible that a previous owner installed a longer aftermarket antenna on your car?
confused.gif
If so, maybe you can just get a stock antenna.

Or, you could get a Smartenna, and listen to CD's from the changer with the antenna down! I got one, and have listened to the radio only once since! The antenna is long, and it looks even longer on these low slung cars!
Steve

I put a FUBA antenna on my 92 and it looks great. If you didnt know better you would think the car came with it. It also flows very well with the car because it is slanted towards the back. The install was very simple(took less than 30 min.)

HAY HAp why don't u get a Coat HAnger, that way it will LOok Nice and will be low.

oh yeah also bend the hanger at a 180 degrees so the curve will go with your car.

if u really want to be stylish go and get yourselve some Chrome Paint Can from LOWES across the street and paint it
smile.gif

Coat Hanger 20 cents

Can of Chrome Paint $4.58

People smiling at you
smile.gif
_=PRICELESS=_

Originally posted by macksha:
HAY HAp why don't u get a Coat HAnger, that way it will LOok Nice and will be low.

oh yeah also bend the hanger at a 180 degrees so the curve will go with your car.

if u really want to be stylish go and get yourselve some Chrome Paint Can from LOWES across the street and paint it
smile.gif

Coat Hanger 20 cents

Can of Chrome Paint $4.58

People smiling at you
smile.gif
_=PRICELESS=_

Hey I wouldnt want to do what you did to your car..

"Hey I wouldnt want to do what you did to your car.. "

correction HAP what i was gonna do to my car But saving it for u to do...

SO u tried that YET?

[This message has been edited by macksha (edited 17 May 2001).]

Now, now... let's be nice.
cool.gif

Otherwise, there will be no soup for you!

[This message has been edited by Forums Nazi (edited 17 May 2001).]

How does one go about disconnecting the antenna? I'd like to try this to see how my FM reception is without the antenna up. The antenna is awfully tall and ugly, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Mike O:
How does one go about disconnecting the antenna? I'd like to try this to see how my FM reception is without the antenna up. The antenna is awfully tall and ugly, in my opinion.

OK in your trunk there is the lining by the antenna.. go towards the front there there is a clip holding the carpet in on the top left of the trunk.. take it off carefully.. then watch out.. there is a plastic fitting on the end of the carpet that goes into the rubber rim around the trunk dont rip it off.

Now pull back the trunk lining and you will see the antenna.. go and disconnect the plug on the antenna and wala.. done. not too hard..

Can anyone with aftermarket rubber antennas on their cars post some pics? I have looked around and only found one example (zendar). I would really appreciate seeing some more zendars and some fubas too!

Thanks in advance.

ANYTIME said:
Available here on ebay.
DSC03300.jpg
Antenna looks OK. Too bad the wheels are so fugly. But that's just my opinion.

How about shaving the antenna and having a bit of bodywork/paint done? Then install a wire antenna to the windshield so it's hidden under the inner trim/moulding? I've been thinking of doing that.

Ken, (nsxtasy) I believed I complained about the antenna before too, and also had your correction remark.. (Well, I said 4 ft. so I was wrong too... ) But I guessed why we all complain about that is that the nsx was sitting so low, so that 33 inches looks extremely ridiculus on our cars.

Agree??

Deuce B[/i] [B]install a wire antenna to the windshield so it's hidden under the inner trim/moulding?[/B][/QUOTE]In terms of practicality said:
I guessed why we all complain about that is that the nsx was sitting so low, so that 33 inches looks extremely ridiculus on our cars.

Agree??
No. Why? Because I never look at my car with the antenna extended!!! When its stereo is on, I'm inside the car! :D

Back