• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

opinions on JL Audio Vs Diamond Audio

Nothing is wrong with an audio dealer who marks up the price, he has to stay in business, and with out him eclipse would have no place to sell their products, no place to listen to their products, which in turn would eliminate any demand for the products online.
Catch-22

yes, very much a catch-22 :smile:

blackcat said:
Any opinions on how they stack up against each other speakers and amps and subs???

Without quantifying further with specific questions, applications, and goals it's kind of like asking "Which is better Toyota or Honda". Both are merely big brand names in mobile audio. Both offer a wide range of products designed to solve specific problems and cater to specific markets as a function of profitability.

Put more clearly- even with direct product comparisons using both technical testing and purely subjective usability test results provided by a well-trained ear, comparison data professed by individuals is usually entirely subjective.

Much to the delight of the industry, for the last two decades the trend for audiophiles has been to buy their way to audio affinity in just this way. Most consumers drop-in or plug n' play audio components without any tuning, then compare results using this immediate out-of-box experience within their environment as a basis for their opinions and future sales decisions. Much to the dismay of real audiophiles, for most users usually good enough is good enough.

In the real world- differences in physical installations, signal path, manufacturing variations up to 20%, the environmental transfer function, tuning/leveling, signal source, not to mentioned user experience/training, ear, weather, etc... ensure results remain subjective at best. Even demo boards or dedicated anechoic chambers are not necessarily ideal as they will never reflect system performance after tuning in the target environment which can wreak unholy havoc on even the best designed components.

In closing, either manufacturer you mentioned has the resources to design good products... but the fact still is that given a knowledgeable installer, even grade c components from no-name manufacturers can be made to out-perform more expensive components in an otherwise identical installation. Perhaps one of the best tweeters ever devised by man costs less than $60 - and it doesn't say JL or Diamond on it. Such is they way of things.

I just got a brand new diamond audio DES1000.1 My honest opinion is they SUCK!! Do Not Buy!!Wish I would of bought a JL amp for sure! JL makes some amazing amps!

Attachments

• received_5737915996254507.mp4
    1.5 MB
Without taking anything away from JL, b/c they make very nice equipment, I would say that Diamond Audio would equal or best JL in every category.
Entry level to High end and especially warranty. Diamond is so confident in their amplifiers that they will soon be offering a lifetime warranty. They give a 3 year warranty with everything else as long as it is installed by an authorized dealer. There will be a very nice diamond audio nsx plug and play package to be offered by an NSX vendor very soon. You wont be disappointed. 😉
Not in my opinion or experience! The 150 dollar soundstreme I pulled out my truck to put this des1000.1 in out performs this diamond and sounds just as good and clean as the diamond!

Attachments

• PXL_20221118_074853883~2.jpg
    PXL_20221118_074853883~2.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 1
Back