• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PA Area Car Show(Millersville)

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and i just wanted to let you all know about an upcoming car show. I'm on the committee planning it so if you have any questions about it feel free to ask me.
heres some information:
April 24th, 2004 at Millersville University

10am-Noon: Roll-in and set up
Noon-4:30: The Car show
4:30-Awards and giveways
Where: McComsey Parking lot-Millersville University
Rain Location: Under the parking garage

THE DYNO! Ever wondered how much power your car can make? Well now's the time to find out! Register for the show and you can sign up to put your car on the dyno. The Dyno will be running from 10:00am-4:30pm on a first-come, first-served basis, so come early! Pricing information is below.

GIVEAWAY -Everyone that registers for the car show will be automatically entered in a giveway of prizes. This will be held during the awards ceremony at the end of the day. Prizes include free dyno time at Xotic Motorsports and more!

Registration- Registration will be $15 at the door. Pre-registration is only $10 so register early!

General Admission -Want to come check out the show without showing off your car? No Problem! Admission is FREE so put the word out and bring all your friends.

Dyno -The first 10 people to dyno will recieve a special rate of $50 for 3 runs. After that the price will be set at $60 for 3 runs. This is much lower than other places. Dyno's are usually $80 for 3 runs, so take advantage of these rates!

The following link has all the information about the show that is in this post, plus pictures, contact information, and a printable registration sheet:
www.millersv.edu/~uab/carshow1.html

Millersville University is located in Millersville, PA, which is very close to Lancaster PA. There are driving directoins on the site.

There will also be free food, a DJ, and some of the dance groups from the university.

Also, just to give you an idea of what other cars I'm trying to attract,
I have posted on the following forums.

www.clubhotrod.com
www.corvetteforum.com
www.supraforums.com
www.ls1.com
www.twinturbo.net(nissan 300zx)
www.stangnet.com
www.3si.org (mitsubishi 3000gt/dodge stealth)
www.rx7club.com

and alot of others as well.

It looks like we have 4 dance groups performing.
We have ~$200 worth of stuff we're giving away. This includes a mr. clean no dry, a full case of oil, a couple small tool sets, other car products, and dyno time at Xotic Motorsports.

There are also judging sheets on the website. I just wanted to exlpain the judging sheets alittle bit better. Many people have commented that according to the sheets, stock cars wont be scoring points and that they would get beaten by "riced out" cars.

If you look at the judging sheets, in each main category(theres 4 of them) there is 1-5 points for cleanliness and attention to detail. That accounts for 20 points out of the judging sheet that are meant to see how well you keep your cars, stock or not. Also there is a category that we are adding, which is not on the sheet yet. This is going to be called "rarity" or something along those lines, intended to judge how often a car is seen on the road or at the show, etc, for another 5 points. This allows for 25 points in completely stock form.

Also, categories such as rims, or paint are not just dedicated to aftermarket. A good stock paint job will still earn you points, you just wont max out in the category, because we have allocated points for aftermarket paintjobs etc. Same goes for wheels...if you have nice looking wheels stock, and theyre say 17's; you are going to score some points for size and style of wheels, but you wont max out the amount of points you can score for wheels.

Do you stock guages look nice? Do you have a turbo kit on a car with the appropriate guages hooked up correctly? you'll score points for that. Did you just bolt on a moster tach? that wont score nearly as well.

Much will be taken into consideration for all categories, which is hard to display on a basic judging sheet. That is what the judges are for.

Also, the same judging sheet is being used for mild and wild categories...so if you enter mild there will be things that probably wont apply to you on the sheet. Please dont be discouraged by that.

Thanks guys, hope to see you there
Bob

Bob,

My car club (Cloud 9 Customs) may be attending this event. I'm not sure how many though since a few of the cars are still under construction.

I know that a few of the guys have been talking about this show and wanting to go. I think a few went last year.

Personally, I'm not sure If I am going. If I do, it will be just to attend. I'm trying to get my wife's show car done for Hot Import Nights Philly in June. So I don't have much time to build a complete interior, put the sub frame back together, put the air ride on and put the engine and tranny back in.

I'll try to attend and bring my yellow NSX

I live only 15 minutes away from Millersville (my alma-mater)

MikeC,

Do you have your car serviced a Jones Acura in Lancaster? I was there two weeks ago for inspection and they were telling me the only two NSXs they have seen was my red one and a yellow one.

Back