• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paging Lud - Re: NOS 70hp shot

Lud,

How much did it cost to get your NOS kit installed? Which brand is best? Do you have to install a switch in the dash? I'm not looking for insane speed, but would like to be near to a 4.7 0-60 which I had on my C5.

Marc

------------------

Installation of the RM kit takes an afternoon. Add maybe a couple hours if you buy a generic kit and have to measure and cut everything yourself.

If you are handy with tools you can do it yourself, otherwise figure what the shop you are going to use charges per hour and multiply. If they've done nitrous systems before they can probably give you an estimate. And if they're familiar with doing them they may be able to get it done quicker too.

The only kit put together for the NSX right now is RM Racing. Dali Racing has one in the works but I don't know when it will be available.

With the RM kit you get a switch panel that mounts in the ashtray. For a generic kit you'd have to build your own or find somewhere else to mount the switches. The RM kit uses the horn button as the actual nitrous activation switch.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 05 April 2000).]

0-60 in 4.7?
You don't need a 70hp NOS shot for that. A stock 3.2l can do that all day long. As for 3.0l, a good intake/exhaust mod combo and some weight shaving(spare tire, engine cover, lite weight flywheel/clutch) can get you there.

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

I have the 3.0 And a good intake/exhaust combo will most likely cost $1800+ from my experience.

Attachments

• 2470.jpg
    2470.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 2477.jpg
    2477.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 213
Unfortunately the RM nitrous kit isn't much cheaper. But it does include his cool looking intake.

Tell Randy I said "Hi" if you go with that kit.

A 3.0L car with exhaust, intake and chip will still not get anywhere near 4.7. Maybe low 5s. I had cams, headers, exhaust, cold air intake, short gears, R&P, polished heads, polished manifold, etc. on mine and it was still slower than my RX-7.

Forced induction fixed that, however!

NOS is the cheapest, easiest way to get 70hp.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 10 April 2000).]

[This message has been edited by David (edited 10 April 2000).]

Back