• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painted Headlight Poll (bad pchops inside)

Which headlight looks the Best?

• OEM Painted Red

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • OEM Painted White

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Carbon Fiber GTrom with Bixenon (current)

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
white.jpg

red.jpg

rom.jpg

ns.jpg

Last edited:
So wait, when did the NSX for the NES come out?

I would definitely not do the last one, red looks okay...

Scorp....did you saw my poll??? :wink: :wink:

i guess only white wasn't there...but i can see if i can come up with a white photoshoped version :biggrin: :biggrin:

John, i would keep them black, or carbon, with the work wheels, and put the route-ks side spats as you photo shopped. Im still up in the air on the side spats, they look great. Not sure how they would look with the factory nsx-r wheels.

John, i would keep them black, or carbon, with the work wheels, and put the route-ks side spats as you photo shopped. Im still up in the air on the side spats, they look great. Not sure how they would look with the factory nsx-r wheels.

I like the side flares, but they don't work with 17/17 (my current work wheels), I increased the rear diameter to 18", and it looks fantastic with the flares, but I am finding it impossible to locate an 18x10 rezax roar, as they're way discontinued.

Now that I edited the photos to show the BBS LM's, I kind of like the silver, but red, white also look good, as do the current lights - so I am even more confused ;)

All of these options seem like they will look good, the white lights are a bit 'nsx-r', but they would be the only white parts on the car, and I would then feel compelled to paint the mirrors black. The red lights, I think would look best if I wrap the seats in tan leather, while the silver lights work best with the BBS wheels, and the current lights look the most aggressive, but the gtrom lexan is soft, and in 5 years will be impossible to locate replacements for. I have a clearbra on the gtrom lights, but still am leaning towards some kind of OEM setup.

scenarios...

My 2-paisa's, FWIW...

- From my recollection, you spent a fair amount of currency doing the custom CF-bezel in these GT-ROM/One head-lights (along w/ the projector-retrofit). If I was planning to re-paint the bezel, I would consider selling the current head-lights to someone else, and then I would acquire another set of the same head-lights and do a projector-retrofit and then paint the existing bezel (or even just get the '02-'05 OEM head-lights and paint the desired color).

- If painting the head-lights black, may be look into a flat-black/matte finish or satin-black; perhaps even a gun-metal or a dark-gray pearl!

- The issue I *personally* have w/ painting head-light fixtures/bezels red or any other color is that once they are sealed behind the head-light's clear lens, they look too plastic'y/glossy (a bit contrived, overly modded look). I even feel that way regarding the Ferrari 360's head-light assembly.

- If I really wanted a project and a very unique look at hand, I would consider doing this... I would re-finish the GT-ROM/One head-light's bezel in a satin-finish gun-metal; I'd acquire the 'Gatling-gun' projectors from a late-model Q45 and do a retro-fit into the larger, low-beam head-lamp slot and retro-fit a smaller/petite projector in the smaller, high-beam head-lamp slot (if that is even possible).

Re: scenarios...

From my recollection, you spent a fair amount of currency doing the custom CF-bezel in these GT-ROM/One head-lights (along w/ the projector-retrofit).

Thank you for reminding me of the time/effort put into the original headlights... after staring at these options for a few hours, and looking at the car today, I believe I have fallen prey to the 'different not better' problem.

I did some final touch up to the edited image, to get the full look of the parts I will be installing, the headlights will remain the same:

pag062307.jpg

Back