• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painted my engine

I painted parts and I'm very happy with the outcome. It's crazy how just doing little things to the Nsx make it look and feel even better ;)
Of course I used high temp spray paint

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329598677.075086.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329598677.075086.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 450
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329598692.921048.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329598692.921048.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 415
Finishing the electrical plugs and connectors in contrasting colors is great way to update the engine compartment too! Really wakes it up and makes this car look oh so modern.

A checkered flag valance draping around the engine bay perimeter is another nice touch.

Finishing the electrical plugs and connectors in contrasting colors is great way to update the engine compartment too! Really wakes it up and makes this car look oh so modern.

A checkered flag valance draping around the engine bay perimeter is another nice touch.

You go ahead and do that big guy and let us know how you come out.
:)

So you do understand what mocking is, red rattle can Samurai.:biggrin:

Mocking is something you are proud of? How old are you again? Negative people like you only make yourself look bad and like a fool when you do so. Wouldn't the world be pretty lame and boring if we all liked the exact same thing or in your mind I bet you would think its just perfect huh?
Keep your negative "mocking" to yourself and save everyone else on this forum from loosing any personal stoke we may have about something we have done to our Nsx that we personally like :). Ohhhh, and act your age for crying out loud.

Mocking is something you are proud of? How old are you again? Negative people like you only make yourself look bad and like a fool when you do so. Wouldn't the world be pretty lame and boring if we all liked the exact same thing or in your mind I bet you would think its just perfect huh?
Keep your negative "mocking" to yourself and save everyone else on this forum from loosing any personal stoke we may have about something we have done to our Nsx that we personally like :). Ohhhh, and act your age for crying out loud.

Not everyone is going to like or agree with your tastes. That the risk you take when you post pics of mods on a forum. You tacitly are asking for opinions so deal with it when everyone doesn't ooh and ahhh.

I didn't attack or assail you personally or say we all need to like the same thing. I didn't trash it all all, I gave it a little poke.
Take it easy newbie. It's been done before. I thought it looked wonderful at first when I did it too, 12 years ago, but I later decided it looked tacky and took it off. In time you may too.
You've already said you got a little trigger happy.:biggrin:

I got my chops busted and teased by renowned NSX race car driver Peter Cunningham for painted red calipers and cross drilled rotors and I didn't get all worked up. I thought it was funny.

Tell you what, I'll print out a pic of your work and put it on my refrigerator for you, OK?:wink:

Last edited:
Not everyone is going to like or agree with your tastes. That the risk you take when you post pics of mods on a forum. You tacitly are asking for opinions so deal with it when everyone doesn't ooh and ahhh.

I didn't attack or assail you personally or say we all need to like the same thing. I didn't trash it all all, I gave it a little poke.
Take it easy newbie. It's been done before. I thought it looked wonderful at first when I did it too, 12 years ago, but I later decided it looked tacky and took it off. In time you may too.

I got my chops busted and teased by renowned NSX race car driver Peter Cunningham for painted red calipers and cross drilled rotors and I didn't get all worked up. I thought it was funny.

Tell you what, I'll print out a pic of your work and put it on my refrigerator for you, OK?:wink:
what's wrong w/cross-drilled rotors?thinking of getting centric ones from sos mainly for bling,won't track them much if at all...

mainly for bling

Lol.. here is middle age fart giving you my opinion ....that it makes the car look like a toy....but it will blend nicely with the civics et al at the local import show.....:wink:

Not to derail the thread but I was just at the Exotic Car Show in Sarasota, FL.

Lambo's, Porsche's, AMG's, Aston Martin. I think you are in good company. If you order and install post pix and let me know how hard the install was.

what's wrong w/cross-drilled rotors?thinking of getting centric ones from sos mainly for bling,won't track them much if at all...

mainly for bling

mainly for bling

THE HIGHJACK CONTINUES!

He was busting me because he feels crossed drilled rotors are for show not go. It was cool, really.

I believe the Porsche's are cast not drilled rotors so they are not weakened by the drill process. He preferred slotted or plain, the slotted being good for cleaning the pad when braking. If you want cooling there are other ways to accomplish that.

OLD FART BACK ON TOPIC.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Maybe his engines on the rag....:tongue:

Lol.. here is middle age fart giving you my opinion ....that it makes the car look like a toy....but it will blend nicely with the civics et al at the local import show.....:wink:

Hey, the old fart comment was only thrown out because he called me a newbie. Lol. I am a newbie i guess and it's probably why I'm so stoked over the little stuff but hopefully the stoke never wears off for the NSX!
Age clearly is only a number and it should bring wisdom so I apologize if my comment offended you.
Have a great day fellow Nsx,r

Hey, the old fart comment was only thrown out because he called me a newbie. Lol. I am a newbie i guess and it's probably why I'm so stoked over the little stuff but hopefully the stoke never wears off for the NSX!
Age clearly is only a number and it should bring wisdom so I apologize if my comment offended you.
Have a great day fellow Nsx,r

well this sounds better.....besides whenever anyone posts thier personal mods on the internet expect any and every reaction....that said regardless you have a decision to make...keep the mods and be happy ,own them,have a good laugh ect...or change them...look at my car:wink:

Back