• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior Pair of Recaro Pole Position ABE Ambla Leather Black / Dinamica Suede w/ SoS V2 Rails

Pair of Recaro Pole Position ABE Black Ambla Leather / Dinamica Suede w/ SoS V2 Rails

Info: The ABE version is exclusive for the European market and TUV (legal for road use) approved. This is very rare in the U.S. because it is not available by Recaro N.A. nor will they special order it. I specifically imported these from A.S. Motorsports in Europe. Shipping, bank wires, currency exchange rate, and import duties drives up the cost of obtaining these. Please see one of the images which includes a cost breakdown to import the seats here. Recaro N.A. will not let you or N.A. Distributors special order these. The ABE version has larger hip holes so that the oem 3-point seat belt bucket to properly fit through. The images shown is with the oem seat belt buckle. The sub-belt bottom hole is still present so you could also use a 5 or 6 point harness.

Fitment: I have a 31" waist and the ABE seats fit a little loose on me, however that is what makes it an excellent street bucket that you could use for occasional track days. My friend with a 34" waist said it felt "fitted" on him, but comfortable. I am 5' 6" and the SoS V2 sliding rails still have more room to move forward and I am guessing it will work for people 5' 3" -5' 4" in height.

Headroom: I measured the headroom of the oem seat bottom cushion to headliner
  • OEM = 35.75"
  • ABE w/ SoS V2 Rail = 36.25"
  • Increase of 0.5" over OEM
  • You sit noticeably lower than stock. My wife easily noticed that she sat and the eye line was lower in it. The bottom cushion could be removed to gain even more headroom if needed.
Weight Reduction:
  • OEM seat (each) = 40.5 lbs
  • ABE seat = 15.4 lbs
  • SoS Rail = 11 lbs
  • Total weight reduction = 14 lbs x 2 seats = 28 lbs
Material:
  • Fabric is Ambla Leather Black (fancy description for vinyl) with Black Dinamica Suede (synthetic suede). The fabric is very nice and everyone that has seen and touched them thought it was leather.
  • Gloss black fiberglass shell
Condition: The seats were made in July 2015. They are used, but excellent in excellent. I installed them on September 6th and put less than 200 miles on them. They were installed with extreme care not to scratch the shell with the seat side mounts. I used blue painter's tape during the install process.

Location: It is still currently installed in my car. If you are local to Long Beach, CA, you may check it out before committing to buy.

What you get:
Price: $3,000 for the pair of seats plus rails shipped to the lower 48 states

Why you should buy from me instead of ordering it:
  • No wait time for the seats to be made (it was a three month back order wait from Recaro Germany)
  • Seats are in the states and could be shipped quickly
  • No unclear variable import duties fees
  • No wait for the SoS V2 seat rails which are currently on back order

Thanks,
Dan

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

LH side oem seat belt buckle
06.jpg

RH side oem seat belt buckle
07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Seat cushion
14.jpg

Sub-belt hole
15.jpg

The bright spot on the shell is light reflection
16.jpg

Dimensions
20.jpg

SoS Sliding Seat Rail Version 2 (stock photo)
21.jpg

Recaro manual
19.jpg

Cost Breakdown
30.jpg

Last edited:
Sold for $2,300 picked up for the seats only.

I will post the rails for sale in a separate ad.

Last edited:
Back