• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parked next to a C6 and got all the attention

LJSB

Suspended
Parked next to a gorgeous metallic red/black 2008 C6 coupe at Sam's Club today.

When I came out I found two cars parked across from mine, the driver's snapping photos of my car looking it all over and ignoring the C6.

The Vette was so nice and in a really sharp color. I was surprised that here was a car twelve years newer than mine, looked perfect and these guys were unimpressed and ignoring it drooling over mine. I guess I have gotten used to how it looks and forget what an impression it makes.

Parked next to a gorgeous metallic red/black 2008 C6 coupe at Sam's Club today.

When I came out I found two cars parked across from mine, the driver's snapping photos of my car looking it all over and ignoring the C6.

The Vette was so nice and in a really sharp color. I was surprised that here was a car twelve years newer than mine, looked perfect and these guys were unimpressed and ignoring it drooling over mine. I guess I have gotten used to how it looks and forget what an impression it makes.

Maybe they were near sighted and couldn't see the vette. :)

I don't find the vette gets anywhere near the attention of the NSX. As much as I love my vette, the truth is they made 35,000 of them a year. They are pretty common -- though I rarely see one in Savannah.

Now.. there is a good side to people not giving your car a ton of attention. I don't worry about leaving her in the parking lot anymore.:biggrin:

In a way, the NSX is even more uncommon and exotic than ferrari 355/360(atleast for me, you see quite a bit, and even gallardos.)

IMO R8 is pretty much the new school NSX. mid engine, exotic looks, and still can be daily driven. Although its not as sleek, and bulky. The aggressive front with LEDs, and the back engine display is truly disguised though.

When I got my C6 in 05, it got a lot of attention because it was new and people had not yet seen a C6. Now they are commonplace and not nearly as interesting. I run into lots of people who have never seen an NSX, at least up close and personal. Gasoline fill ups are now fifteen minute affairs to answer questions. I love it that anyone under 25 knows exactly what it is, all the specs, etc. Others quickly figure out it's an Acura but really don't know the history of the car. I get a lot of guys taking pictures of their girlfriends standing next to the car and are very grateful when I offer to take a picture of the two of them in the car :D

. I get a lot of guys taking pictures of their girlfriends standing next to the car and are very grateful when I offer to take a picture of the two of them in the car :D

I applaud your graciousness, but beware of bolster wear from all the couples getting in and out for photos. Car and Driver says the biggest flaw on an older NSX is bolster wear.:tongue:

I applaud your graciousness, but beware of bolster wear from all the couples getting in and out for photos. Car and Driver says the biggest flaw on an older NSX is bolster wear.:tongue:

Seeing an attractive young lady in the car makes any potential bolster wear worth it :D

Corvette is nice, but too common. Hopefully, when the new camaro comes out they will retire the corvette or make it into a proper super car.

Hmm, would that be the ZR-1 that's already available?

Hello Joe!

Is yours red?

We don't have much Vettes here in Europe. Maybe 1:10 (NSX:Vettes). Mine is red and I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't attract that much attention with another/darker color. A fully detailed red is like a driving christmas bauble as it seems to me. :) And: it attracts people of all ages, not only the younger ones. :wink:

Yes, my car is red but so was this Vette. A really nice, brilliant metallic red. I believe it's called Magnetic Red It looked great and so much bigger than my car which looked tiny next to it. Sorry no pics but c'mon, who doesn't know what these two cars looks like?:confused:

I agree...I am the market for one, and I have noticed over the last year or so pickings are getting slim(or slimmer)

Hmm, would that be the ZR-1 that's already available?

When I say proper super car, I mean mid engine. The ZR-1 is definitely putting down super car numbers, but looks like the other corvettes. Chevrolet should do what ford did for the GT and make a limited production mid engine super car. That would make the corvette brand more exclusive and hopefully meaningful worldwide.

When I say proper super car, I mean mid engine. The ZR-1 is definitely putting down super car numbers, but looks like the other corvettes. Chevrolet should do what ford did for the GT and make a limited production mid engine super car. That would make the corvette brand more exclusive and hopefully meaningful worldwide.

Yeah.. that makes a ton of sense. Give up selling 35,000 cars a year at $50K each so they can build 2000 Chevy GT's.:rolleyes:

I think mid engine would kill a lot of vette guys. Remember the response when they did away with the flip-ups...damn near brought the house down. I think they would look on a mid-engine vette the way we look at a front engine NSX.

That being said, it seems like I'd still go with the Z06 as its reported to still be a better track machine. Just what I've heard.

This attention thing is relative. went to Rodeo Dr. (LA) last weekend and mine was the only NSX, but I saw at least a dozen F'cars. Dime a dozen up there:biggrin:

The mid-engine Corvette concept has been tossed around for decades starting back in the 1960's but, for many reasons I don't see the likelihood of one coming to production.

Back