• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

parts for sale section moderated/filtered.

MCM

Experienced Member
I know it has come up in the past, but why unlike any other car forum, Prime parts for sale are filtered?
Why cant we post a real time add?
And reply in real time to adds?

I am interested in buying a part. I cant tell if its still for sale?
I cant post on the thread and cant see if anyone else has posted.
(Am I 1st to respond? or last?)
Often, the same questions come up and it is helpful to everyone interested
rather than everyone having to PM the same question and waiting for a response.

It also tells me a lot about the seller. How he responds, how others respond etc. Not many post in the buyer/seller feed back section. This is a fast and effective way of getting to know who is who.

Making it live really helps. I buy and sell quite a few parts on car forums, but not much here as it can be very frustrating.

This is a great site, and do not take this the wrong way.
I just feel it would be a huge overall improvement.

All I am asking is to let the buyers and sellers in the parts section post in real time. Seems simple enough, and works on all other forums.

Thanks

I agree also, but this is Lud's forum and his rules. I think the moderators are trying and it is better at times.

The only alternative is to start a separate nsxparts.com forum for just listing classifieds.

ok, so its been hashed out in the past.
Everyone here still hates it.
But its your site, so I will not bring it up again.

I tried to buy these (local) wheels when they were 1st posted the board.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103368&highlight=WHEELS

Sold? Seller not around? Who knows?
During that time other deals came up.
As this was a great deal, I wanted to wait for a PM.
It would be nice to know if they sold, or the seller was a flake or whatever.
Maybe a moderator picked them up?
No way to tell.............
Rant off...........

I tried to buy these (local) wheels when they were 1st posted the board.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103368&highlight=WHEELS

Sold? Seller not around? Who knows?
During that time other deals came up.
As this was a great deal, I wanted to wait for a PM.
It would be nice to know if they sold, or the seller was a flake or whatever.

I approved that post. Beyond that, I have no control over what the seller does.

Maybe a moderator picked them up?
No way to tell.............
Rant off...........

In the years that I have spent my own time to help the marketplace work, there have been many good deals. I have never used my moderator status to gain an advantage in buying an item. In fact, on those rare instances when I am interested in an item for sale, I wait several hours if not a day after I approve the thread to contact the seller.

Do I think the wheels are a smoking deal? Absolutely.

Have I contacted the seller at any time? No. Someone else is going to get that good deal, perhaps even you.

I think your frustration is more properly directed at the seller who has apparently failed to respond to your inquiries.

The marketplace on nsxprime is different than others. The tight control eliminates the constant thread crapping and bumping that plague other forums.

I did not choose to make the marketplace this way, but I respect the decision and I understand why it was made. On the whole, I think the marketplace is superior to most, but people are entitled to disagree.

I know about those wheels, responded right away with more money and nothing, its so funny.
Maybe the guy didn't have wheels and wanted to have new friends pm him, lol.
Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
Trev

Trev,
Understand. Would have been nice to see you post "PM sent" (or you could have seen my "PM sent")
Will just bump my 94 wheels want add. If its been a month or what ever the time line needs to be.:smile:

Brahtw8

Any idea why my BBS Lm's have yet to be bumped this month or the last month.......?

Back