• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Passenger Window Switch

Passenger side window goes down but does not come up when using the passenger side switch. Works both ways from the master switch. Appreciate any input. I took the switch apart and cleaned all the connections. Still nothing. It worked fine and then just quit one day. Help, I am not knowledgeable with wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After cleaning, did you confirm the operation of the passenger side switch using a continuity tester? In the up position, blu/wht is connected to blu/blk. In the down postion blu/red is connected to blu/blk.

If the passenger window operates fine in both directions from the driver side door switch, there is most likely still a problem with the passenger door switch. If the passenger door window switch tests out fine, with the ignition switch in the run position check for voltage on the blu/blk wire on the door harness side of the plug that connects to the switch. There should be +12v on that wire with the ignition in the run position. If you don't have +12v on that blu/blk wire you may have a wiring harness problem which would be a major hassle. Hope that the problem is the switch!

Thank you for all the info. I did determine that the switch was bad. Took it apart to try and clean it, to no avail. Ordered a new one and it took over 3 months to come in. New one solved the problem. Thank you again for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back