• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PermaPlate or TOUGHGUARD?

Has anyone ever had either of these two treatments applied to their vehicles?

I have a Black NSX-T and I am tired of the swirl marks on my clear coat. I do not have the facilities to wash my car at home and apply my own wax. Therefore, I was interested in the professional services that apply those "paint sealers / permamnent waxes / etc...".

Any feedback or advice would help. Thanks!

Dudro,

I have not used these products. However, I would guess that these treatments won't make a whole lot of difference when it comes to swirl marks.

I say this because I think these treatments put a clear protective coating on top of your existing clear coat paint.

Black cars are really tough to keep clean and swirl free. They show the dirt and swirls more than any color. I think it's one of Newton's laws.

I had the best luck on my Black NSX with the Zaino products, but even then I had to keep after it. (email me and I would be happy to offer my advice, with these products)

You didn't mention whether or not you garaged the car, but keeping a black car out of doors, and expecting it to look good is SO SO tough. I know, I've owned two black cars that way and it's impossible.

I would pursue these companies but I would ask each one for references. I would want to see sample black cars and talk with their owners before I signed on the dotted line.

Good luck!

Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Jimbo,

I keep my car in the garage, but it still collects dust.

The TOUGHGUARD product claims to not allow dust to stick to the car.

Have you ever heard of any other product making this claim and it actually working?

Dudro,

My cars also collect dust. I purchased a cotton duster from Griots Garage and it works nicely for me.

As I mentioned earlier, I use the Zaino products. Their Z-6 spray has antistatic properties and it works wonders. In the winter months, when I don't drive and wash the cars as much, there's less dust collecting on the cars and that dust that does show collect is easily removed with the cotton duster.

Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Back