• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Perspective!

Amazing that folks can go on chatting about oil changes, troll speed claims and tranny's in the midst of this tragedy.

This is not "just" another Oklahoma horror story, this is the start of a new chapter.

Oh well. Not holier-than-thou or anything like that, probably just as tired and frustrated as most of you. Can't sleep so I'm surfing, and this is my home page. But maybe those posters are just distracting themselves too.

Somehow the optimal oil change technique did not seem that important to me today. Oh well. Sorry for venting.

Within hours of THOUSANDS of lives lost, and many thousands of families grieving, just slough it off and move on as though nothing had happened???
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 12 September 2001).]

What else can you do?
Kicking and moaning and crying about something you could not have prevented does nothing. Instead, gather yourself and look ahead to what you can do to help.
The people lost are LOST. There is nothing you can do for them.

Originally posted by David:
I think the best way to deal with things like this is to get on with the day-to-day aspects of your life.

people cope in different ways, so we should be sensitive to that. I happen to personally need to move on, hoping we seek retribution, but that is just me thus I tend to agree with david. others prefer to seek why, are distressed, worried, etc. people process things different....

andrie, myself, and others instructed at the nsx event at thunderhill yesterday, and you really had to make sure the students heads were in the car before going on the track. we were fortunate there were no incidents all things considered. on the way up to thunderhill I was listening to the radio, and was so focused on what I was listening to I was not thinking about my own driving. I looked down and I was cruising at 105. for those that dont know, I-5 can be a brain dead drive, but that is excessive to not be paying full attention. the only points in these examples is that at times you have to have the ability to focus on what is happening now or risk personally getting hurt.

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 12 September 2001).]

Back