• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picking up a Ducati 848 tomorrow...

squid2004

I'm pumped. 2008 Ducati 848 with full termi exhaust, ecu, tune:

848%20white480.jpg

Duc_Spot1.jpg

6582.jpg

my current bike:

IMG_0803.jpg

bikeOutdoor.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:
I have always wanted a Ducati even the 748 and 996 or 916s will do for me :)

One day I might just get one.

The 848 in pearl white is just gorgeous, it has to be one of the sexiest bikes on the road. That said, the advent of the 1098 and 848 has absolutely bottomed out the market for all previous Duc Superbikes. I think I'm going to pick up a 998 later this year.

The 848 in pearl white is just gorgeous, it has to be one of the sexiest bikes on the road. That said, the advent of the 1098 and 848 has absolutely bottomed out the market for all previous Duc Superbikes. I think I'm going to pick up a 998 later this year.

Yeah I just bought my Honda 2 months ago, only been riding it the past month but as soon as I saw a pearl white 848 I fell in love. And the termi sound/exhaust note is just incredible!

some termi exhaust samples:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K08Tmg0gLSU&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0RdbSYKFJ1s&feature=related

great promo vid:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L3wyvJXrBFM&feature=related

crazy racing vid:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7eM8MWhGAQw&feature=related

Last edited:
The Desmo-Twin growl is an awesome sound. Be careful, I don't know about the 848, but the 1098 will power wheelie every single gear.

Very very nice. I'm so glad Ducs. went back to the single sided swingarm. She should handle fantastic.

Oh hell yes! She is home.... had to wait for the rain to clear and it was driving me crazy. Wow.... the smooth shifting, the exhaust note, the power... my god.

ducatiNSX.jpg

ducatiNSX2.jpg

ducatiLight.jpg

termi exhaust makes me pee just a little every time I blip the throttle:

ducatiExhaust.jpg

ducatiOutside.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing you need to do is get ambitious and convert it to a dry clutch. Between the dry clutch rattle and the throaty roar of Termi's you can make guys for miles mess their pants.

Hell my little 750SS's Termi's make the hardest of Harley guys do a double take. Sadly I think I'm gonna end up switching the cans out for some staintunes or Remus.

The only thing you need to do is get ambitious and convert it to a dry clutch. Between the dry clutch rattle and the throaty roar of Termi's you can make guys for miles mess their pants.

Hell my little 750SS's Termi's make the hardest of Harley guys do a double take. Sadly I think I'm gonna end up switching the cans out for some staintunes or Remus.

ahahah it is so freakin loud! I mean my honda made noise at 7000RPM but this thing is a beast! And I already got a ticket this afternoon... I'm sure he heard me coming. $170.... I haven't gotten a ticket in years so I'm kind of bummed about that.

But the shifting is sooooo smooth, I wouldn't give that up for anything!

I'm looking at one at Letko off K-10 in Kansas also. I'm probally going to get it in red this year or next. BTW-is that from a dealer or from an individual?

As for insurance-I here's what i was quoted per year.

Progressive-$3,000
Geico-$1,500
State Farm-$550 seperatly($330 w/ nsx and daily driver)

I can't figure out where geico and progressive quote so high. State Farm does it by C.C.

Progressive is insane, they quoted me 1700 for my Duc and Allstate quoted a little under $600.

Geico refuses to cover me because I had an at fault that hit policy limits while I was covered by them.

ahahah it is so freakin loud! I mean my honda made noise at 7000RPM but this thing is a beast! And I already got a ticket this afternoon... I'm sure he heard me coming. $170.... I haven't gotten a ticket in years so I'm kind of bummed about that.

But the shifting is sooooo smooth, I wouldn't give that up for anything!

Yeah, I love pulling up to lights behind a guy on a CBR/GSXR/ZXR etc and scaring the hell out of em buy lighting it up to the rev limiter. I had a little contest with a guy on a ZX12 the other day and drowned his bike out at like 7k. I've yet to get a ticket or even pulled over on my Duc. I only got 2 on other bikes, but I would get stopped a lot. Hell, I don't even have a tag yet :rolleyes:

Yeah, I love pulling up to lights behind a guy on a CBR/GSXR/ZXR etc and scaring the hell out of em buy lighting it up to the rev limiter. I had a little contest with a guy on a ZX12 the other day and drowned his bike out at like 7k. I've yet to get a ticket or even pulled over on my Duc. I only got 2 on other bikes, but I would get stopped a lot. Hell, I don't even have a tag yet :rolleyes:

Yeah it's fun to see people do a double take when they hear you coming/going and then they see it's a sport bike. They have a confused look like WTF?!?! :confused:

As for the ticket... just crappy timing and on a road I don't usually take... haven't had a ticket in ages. Sad part is I was just trying to get back home. Wasn't on the highway or running on some twisties pushing the limits. :frown:

I haven't called on an insurance quote... just notified them by voice mail that I got a different vehicle. I'll find out the damage next week.

I was behind a boxster and a turbo'ed intrepid (yeah some dimwit turbo'ed an intrepid) while they were exchanging revs. Right after the boxster went up to redline I let loose to about 8k and they both just turned around and stared. I was laughing about that all the way down the road.

Ya gonna take it to the track?

Ya gonna take it to the track?

I definitely want to take it to the track. Need to improve my skills some. There is a track day coming up that I might try and attend.

mine is going soon, I just have to figure out if I'm headed to Jennings or roebling.

Ok Squid, that is just creepy. A friend of mine that I work with has an all black CBR 600 and was looking at selling it for an all white Ducati 848 and I live pretty darn close to you... Wonder if you guys are looking at the same Ducati? :D

would be creepy..... if not everybody in the world wanted a white 848 :biggrin:

i'm jealous - gorgeous bike..... congrats!

(i just bought my first bike - '07 silver /blue 600RR...... i don't think i'll be driving the nsx for awhile :cool: )

Vroom

Attachments

• ducati side.jpg
    ducati side.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 60
  • ducati front.JPG
    ducati front.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 45
(i just bought my first bike - '07 silver /blue 600RR...... i don't think i'll be driving the nsx for awhile :cool: )

I know, it is hard to take the NSX out when we're doing stuff like this:

StartofTheRide02.jpg

Back