• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of koenigsegg CCX in the Silicon Valley

No one noticed that the reverse light is from a FD?

mazda-rx7-series-6-rear-3_176.jpg

Thanks for sharing! I love that car. I want to go to Ceasers' Palace sometime and look at one. As far as I know their the only authorized US dealer for them.

Street legal and get an EPA estimated 24mpg hwy. Not too shitty for 800+hp

wow that car cost alittle more than my house wounder how much is the insurance on that thing. haha

Something tells me he can afford the ticket. :biggrin:

Plus really rich people seem to never get towed. I was out with friends this past weekend and there is this guys that ALWAYS drives like an crazed fellow at high speeds and parks his McLaren SLR in front of the most busy bars in Indianapolis on temporary tags that were expired over 2 months ago. The guy drives the car daily (I see him all over the place), and parks right in front of the cops without penalty. I even asked a cop this last time, 'Why don't you guys ever tow that guy? You know his temp tags expired months ago,' to which the cop replied with a smile, 'Yeah...I noticed that,' and refused to answer the question. The partner next to him just said, 'Maybe he does not want to pay the taxes,' and let it go. So let me see...I get slammed by them for being 1 day over on my Acura tags, but this guy in his McLaren SLR that costs more than my house can do whatever he wants without penalty? Yeah...that seems fair. :mad:

Last edited:
Plus really rich people seem to never get towed. I was out with friends this past weekend and there is this guys that ALWAYS drives like an crazed fellow at high speeds and parks his McLaren SLR in front of the most busy bars in Indianapolis on temporary tags that were expired over 2 months ago. The guy drives the car daily (I see him all over the place), and parks right in front of the cops without penalty. I even asked a cop this last time, 'Why don't you guys ever tow that guy? You know his temp tags expired months ago,' to which the cop replied with a smile, 'Yeah...I noticed that,' and refused to answer the question. The partner next to him just said, 'Maybe he does not want to pay the taxes,' and let it go. So let me see...I get slammed by them for being 1 day over on my Acura tags, but this guy in his McLaren SLR that costs more than my house can do whatever he wants without penalty? Yeah...that seems fair. :mad:

hmm, was it an acura integra? lol

would not have thought the cops knew what a slr is, to the untrained eye, it really wouldnt look like anything more than a crazy slk

I think the rationale behind this (and why the cop wouldn't answer), is that anyone that has this kind of money also has vast resources to hire the best lawyers, and is probably politically connected. That, if he was upset, he probably has the resources and connections to make the cop's life difficult, or to coerce someone into making the cop's life difficult. Either that, or the owner is high profile enough that they know who he is, and what connections he has, and better just to let it go.

It's the sad truth, but the whistleblower or the public official who tries to bring down the rich and powerful might win the battle, but almost always lose the war in one way or another.

Back