• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of my Formula Red Silver 02 Downforce conversion with tons of new mods NO 56K

Looks great man! I've been following your 996-->997 conversion on 6speed and loving every update!

Didn't know you were building an NSX as well! Looks great!

nsx1.jpg

i think the car looks phenomenal, but did anybody else notice the gap between the DR side headlight and the hood? sticks out like a sore thumb on the red car :frown:

other than that- amazing.

Hi, i am looking to have the 2002 headlight and oem front bumper conversion can you give me some numbers regarding the cost to have those completed.
thx

Nice! Congratulations on getting the car done.

Cheers,
-- Chris
Chris,
Thanks for all your help. You are the true NSX guru. Without you I would be totally lost. I appcreciate it so much. To everyone else out there if you need any parts for your NSX Chris is your man. :biggrin:

Hi, i am looking to have the 2002 headlight and oem front bumper conversion can you give me some numbers regarding the cost to have those completed.
thx

I spent about $7000 in parts and another $2000 in labor and paint. It gets quite expensive.

There are many ways to do it cheaper. Downforce has a great package that skips on some of the factory parts to bring the cost down.

i think the car looks phenomenal, but did anybody else notice the gap between the DR side headlight and the hood? sticks out like a sore thumb on the red car :frown:

other than that- amazing.

Yes I am working on it. I have the downforce type r hood generation 1. I heard the gen 2 hood fits better. I am working on trying to adjust the parts for a better fit. I pretty much need to shift the hood to the drivers side a little more to even the gap on both sides.

Yes I am working on it. I have the downforce type r hood generation 1. I heard the gen 2 hood fits better. I am working on trying to adjust the parts for a better fit. I pretty much need to shift the hood to the drivers side a little more to even the gap on both sides.

Hi, first of all congratulations on the conversion and car overall.... it's beautifull...

i'll do my red R conversion soon...i'm ultimating details to start order parts in a short while...

about the gap, i don't think it's the hood at all...both gaps from hood to right and left fender seems good...what seems a little off is that the driver headlight seems to be a little lower on the inside...you notice this if you look at both headlight/bumper gap...the driver headlight seems to be somewhat sunked down...what do you say???

can i ask you a big favor?? can you PM me what parts you used, where you bought it and a aproximate cost for them? (i hope i'm not asking to much)

once again, congratulations on your car...

thanks,
Nuno

can i ask you a big favor?? can you PM me what parts you used, where you bought it and a aproximate cost for them? (i hope i'm not asking to much)

thanks,
Nuno

What about the original post?

Downforce Sports Rear Valence
Downforce Widebody Front Fenders
Downforce Side Skirts 2002+ OEM
Downforce Sports Diffuser
Downforce NSX-R Hood FRP
Downforce DF-R Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Downforce 2002 Upgrade Conversion
Factory Front Bumper, Factory Lip
2002 Headlights with brackets
HID Headlights
Painted in Glasurit Paint BASF
Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust
Stainless Steel Headers
Science Of Speed Red Oil Pan with Baffle
Science of Speed Big Bore Throttle Body
OEM Zanari Edition Floor Mats.
Tein Flex Coilovers
Science of Speed Engine Hatch Strut
NSX-R front lower chassis reinforcement bar
NSX-R Chassis Reinforcement Bar & Bracket Set
Pioneer AVIC D3 with custom interior
Rockford System, New MB Quart Speakers with Custom Stereo Zetoolman Sub
Nexus Gauge System with gauges
18 | 19" iForged Classic Wheels in Ruby Red
215/35/19 and 275/30/19 Falken GRB 452 Tires
Science of Speed Dual Gauge Pod
Science of Speed Carbon Fiber Cluster Trim
Science of Speed Trunk Lid Struts
New Antenna

You can get all of the conversion body piece used via http://downforce.biz/cart/home.php

Cheers!

GOD I miss my NSX

Vince, Congrats on your new mods. I just sign up to this forum since I always love NSX. Can you post some pics of your old NSX too?

Charlie

looks awesome!!!!

AND you beat me to the red on ruby red !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

i ordered a set of 19" iforged track edition in ruby red for my red nsx also..

i ordered them back in February but are only scheduled to get here by the end of this week...

congrats,

nathan

Your car looks stunning, really :smile:

Now that you have done the full 2002 upgrade, have you put your car on a scale yet?
I am wondering what a NSX with the full 2002 conversion would put down on the scale.

Looks good overall, I would add the trunk lip spoiler and 02 taillights to finish it. Wheels are not bad......maybe red lip with a black face would look meaner? There is a gap though on the right side headlight.

Hi, first of all congratulations on the conversion and car overall.... it's beautifull...

i'll do my red R conversion soon...i'm ultimating details to start order parts in a short while...

about the gap, i don't think it's the hood at all...both gaps from hood to right and left fender seems good...what seems a little off is that the driver headlight seems to be a little lower on the inside...you notice this if you look at both headlight/bumper gap...the driver headlight seems to be somewhat sunked down...what do you say???

thanks,
Nuno

Great eye, I agree the headlight may be off rather than the hood.

I know the threads a little old now but I have to comment.
The car is smoking hot!.
I can't say enough about the wheels.
As some have said black would look good. But lot's of people do black. The red is daring and it works. The mix of red and black all over works well. Just flows perfectly imo.
Great work!

Back