• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of my Formula Red Silver 02 Downforce conversion with tons of new mods NO 56K

Thanks to Chris and Science of Speed and Peter at Downforce for all the parts.

New Mods Installed. I like to do everything at once. :biggrin:

Downforce Sports Rear Valence
Downforce Widebody Front Fenders
Downforce Side Skirts 2002+ OEM
Downforce Sports Diffuser
Downforce NSX-R Hood FRP
Downforce DF-R Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Downforce 2002 Upgrade Conversion
Factory Front Bumper, Factory Lip
2002 Headlights with brackets
HID Headlights
Painted in Glasurit Paint BASF
Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust
Stainless Steel Headers
Science Of Speed Red Oil Pan with Baffle
Science of Speed Big Bore Throttle Body
OEM Zanari Edition Floor Mats.
Tein Flex Coilovers
Science of Speed Engine Hatch Strut
NSX-R front lower chassis reinforcement bar
NSX-R Chassis Reinforcement Bar & Bracket Set
Pioneer AVIC D3 with custom interior
Rockford System, New MB Quart Speakers with Custom Stereo Zetoolman Sub
Nexus Gauge System with gauges
18 | 19" iForged Classic Wheels in Ruby Red
215/35/19 and 275/30/19 Falken GRB 452 Tires
Science of Speed Dual Gauge Pod
Science of Speed Carbon Fiber Cluster Trim
Science of Speed Trunk Lid Struts
New Antenna

nsx1.jpg

nsx2.jpg

nsx3.jpg

nsx4.jpg

nsx5.jpg

nsx6.jpg

nsx7.jpg

nsx8.jpg

nsx9.jpg

nsx10.jpg

Beautiful work. Fit and finish is amazing. I commend you for being so daring with the rims but I think the same rims powdercoated black with the a red anodized lip would suit the car a bit better. Regardless nice work.

i'm just not diggin' the wheels but to each his own. otherwise, car looks nice...good job!

Beautiful work. Fit and finish is amazing. I commend you for being so daring with the rims but I think the same rims powdercoated black with the a red anodized lip would suit the car a bit better. Regardless nice work.

I wanted to do something different. The car actually gets more attention then my Widebody Porsche with the red wheels.

i'm just not diggin' the wheels but to each his own. otherwise, car looks nice...good job!

Thanks the wheels are a little edgy and not for everyone.

Thats a hell of a mod. list. The car looks worth every penny of it.

Once you start its like an addiction.

Very nice!

Thank you. Downforce, Science of Speed, and I put a lot of thought on how to create a clean NSX that was tastefully modded let different than everyone's else out there.

very very nice but um...wtf is that in your trunk? Doesn't look like anything but my fridge...

Rockford Power AMP

SEX ON WHEELS, your car is 11/10, perfect..do you have any side profile shots i wanna see how your car sits

Side Shot

nsx18.jpg

I'm curious though. You put on JDM side markers, filled in the front markers but didn't do the rear markers? Or are those geniune JDM front panels?

Very nice!

Great shots of the car. May I suggest switching over to the JDM badges/emblems to "H". It will match the side maker lights. Also get the Momo Tuner red stitching steering wheel with the "H" horn.
This will complete the Red NSX-R type look.

BTW: Rims looks awesome. What paint did you use? Were you able to use the OEM formula red to match the rest of the car? Can't tell by the pics.

Great shots of the car. May I suggest switching over to the JDM badges/emblems to "H". It will match the side maker lights. Also get the Momo Tuner red stitching steering wheel with the "H" horn.
This will complete the Red NSX-R type look.

BTW: Rims looks awesome. What paint did you use? Were you able to use the OEM formula red to match the rest of the car? Can't tell by the pics.

The rims are the Ruby Red finish from iForged. Its like a red chrome finish.

I'm curious though. You put on JDM side markers, filled in the front markers but didn't do the rear markers? Or are those geniune JDM front panels?

Very nice!

Jim,

The front fender is a replacement piece. He did not rework the oem fender :)

Simply beautiful.:eek: I love the rims and all the CF goodies. It all works so well together. Congrats!

Car looks awesome!

Is your carbon fiber rear spoiler painted with a smoked or dark clear? I'd like to do that to mine so that it will look black in low light but the CF weave will still be visible in direct light. I think it would blend better with my Berlina Black car.

BTW - are your front fenders a slightly brighter shade of red than the hood?

I'm digging the wheels.:wink:

Thanks. I know its a little over the top, but in person it looks amazing.

Very nice!

The front fender is 12mm wider than stock and is a direct replacement from Downforce. It allows the JDM side markers to be installed.

Simply beautiful.:eek: I love the rims and all the CF goodies. It all works so well together. Congrats!

Car looks awesome!

Is your carbon fiber rear spoiler painted with a smoked or dark clear? I'd like to do that to mine so that it will look black in low light but the CF weave will still be visible in direct light. I think it would blend better with my Berlina Black car.

BTW - are your front fenders a slightly brighter shade of red than the hood?

The rear spoiler is from Downforce. I did not change anything. Thats how it came from Peter. The front fenders are the same color as the hood. All the front end parts were painted by Downforce at the same time and installed together. We were rushing to shoot the car, so we tried to get it into the shade to shoot, but the lighting was not optimal.

Love that you kept the roof black...or did you ad it? Im not sure what year your car is. I had to look at it a while to figure out what I liked about it so much..... and that is it. Also like that you kept the 1st gen taillights...never been a fan of the orange circles. Looks great with the newer lower valence and R diffuser....inspiration for me!:wink:
Nicely done.
Has anyone ever painted the inside of the exposed headlights black? I think it would look kinda hot and tie into the black roof and R wing really nicely...

*EDIT*
Ok, so my curiousness got the best of me...had to see what it would look like...not to hijack the thread...but I dig it....
2406801818_0302cddc1c_o.jpg

Last edited:
Everything looks good but the rims.....

Crazy as always vince@

rick

Damn Rick how many of the same cars have we owned now. Here is the list I can think of , off the top of my head.

E46 M3
Audi B5 S4
Acura NSX
Porsche 997 [mines actually a hybrid]

Did you ever have an RX7?

I'm a bit bias, but I love all '02 conversions :wink: . Rims- well that's all personal preference.

Back