• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picture Request -- NSX w/o front lip

Does anyone have some pics of their NSX without the front lip on it?

My NSX at it's stock height scrapes my driveway. AND I want to lower it around an inch...
So I'm kicking around the idea of simply taking off the front lip, but I'm not sure if it will look weird without it or not.

Thanks

Do what I do...approach at angle and keep an extra one laying around.

Last edited:
Approaching at an angle certainly helps. Without the black lip the car just looks unfinished in a way. Its better to leave it on and hit it every once in a while than let your painted lower bumper take the hit and scrape it instead.

Do what I do, approach at an angle :]

lol. I do! It STILL scrapes. My driveway is kind of steep. Another idea I'm throwing around is modifying the beginning of my driveway somehow. Thing is it has to be somewhat classy and not noticeable so my neighbors won't mind. Maybe little 1'' concrete bricks at the very beginning to allow the car to step up.

Do want I do...approach at angle and keep an extra one laying around.

That's not a bad idea. Just accept the fact that I'll replace it once a year or whatever and not worry about it.

That is GENIUS!!! It's out of my current price range, but that would definitely solve the problem.

Approaching at an angle certainly helps. Without the black lip the car just looks unfinished in a way. Its better to leave it on and hit it every once in a while than let your painted lower bumper take the hit and scrape it instead.

That's what I was thinking. Just trying to picture it in my head, I'm thinking it will look weird w/o a front lip.

As you can see in the pic., without a front lip the car looks ready to go off-roading. Put a Wings West lip on and have it re-sprayed once a year as needed.

Yeah, nsx w/o lip looks cheap. I'd also go with ww lip since its urethane and have it sprayed with a lot of flex elements added to the paint for durability and bang away! You might also consider painting it with rubberized undercoating paint and just touch it up annually yourself! I do that with my daily driver IS300's Gracer lip.
tremblant35.jpg

No front lip looks horrible IMO.
I would just buy a new house with leveled driveway. JK

I would modify the driveway if possible. It's no fun hearing the sound of car vs. cement.

Good luck.

not to mentioned without the "protection" of the lower lip, if you ever scrape, you might have to respray or even replace the lower bumper. adding Labor cost of removing it...

It's a lot cheaper to spend couple hundred $$ and have a spare at home. The stock lip is very durable in terms of taking the beating.

nsx3bo1.jpg

Here! … I know, it is not very pretty :mad: , but, here in Belgium, there is much back of ass breaks speed in the cities and the villages :mad: , the lips before do not last a long time! it is necessary to often replace! :rolleyes:

nsx3bo1.jpg

Here! … I know, it is not very pretty :mad: , but, here in Belgium, there is much back of ass breaks speed in the cities and the villages :mad: , the lips before do not last a long time! it is necessary to often replace! :rolleyes:

Thanks!
I think I've made up my mind, I'm keeping a front lip...

It's a shame you can't buy NA1 lips anymore.

My car came with no lip, and yes it does look horrible, so I picked up a shine lip asap.

IMG_8234r.jpg

I'm with everyone else, just keep a lip and repaint it everytime it gets damaged.

Back