• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pinball

I am in the market for a pinball machine. Any owners out there? what do you like or recommend in pinball? :smile:

I have a machine that I might be willing to sell (i might need to move). It is "The Getaway high speed 2" like this http://www.arcadeandpinballmachines...04/getaway_high_speed_2_pinball_machines.html

I've had it for a couple of years. I liked it since i was a kid because of the car theme and the sirens and the cops telling you to pull over. Fun.

Mine is in good shape except that the left flipper doesnt "hold". It flips strong and plays well though. I never got around to fixing it since it still works.

I'd sell it for significantly less than the one above if it came to me having to move.

By the way, shipping on one of these is around 300 dollars depending on how far its going. I paid about 300 to get it from Florida to Ohio.

Last edited:
Thanks,I have chance to buy Jurrasic Park.....Saw a Star wars...but sold quick:frown:

I have a machine that I might be willing to sell (i might need to move). It is "The Getaway high speed 2" like this http://www.arcadeandpinballmachines...04/getaway_high_speed_2_pinball_machines.html

I've had it for a couple of years. I liked it since i was a kid because of the car theme and the sirens and the cops telling you to pull over. Fun.

Mine is in good shape except that the left flipper doesnt "hold". It flips strong and plays well though. I never got around to fixing it since it still works.

I'd sell it for significantly less than the one above if it came to me having to move.

By the way, shipping on one of these is around 300 dollars depending on how far its going. I paid about 300 to get it from Florida to Ohio.

I sold my High speed before I moved. The problem with your flipper is common. I had the same problem with mine. It's a cheap fix, the part is less than 10 bucks. "Pull over Buddy!"

My stepdad has the Cyclone pinball which is lots of fun. I spend at least an hour playing every time I visit.
For myself I think I'd want to find something with multi-ball.

I had "Police Force" for several years, never got bored of it.

You can grab it for about the $1000-1500 mark if you shop around. It was a very popular game back in the day...

1195572843.jpg

When I move to my next place I'll definitely grab another machine, I love them.

My stepdad has the Cyclone pinball which is lots of fun. I spend at least an hour playing every time I visit.
For myself I think I'd want to find something with multi-ball.

"Ride the Cyclone!"

Yeah I've been looking for a "Black Knight 2000" in good condition. Man I loved that game!

"Beat the Black Knight!"

I grew up on pinball at a local burger joint in Long Beach at the time called Alpha Burger. They always had a well maintained machine there. I remember coming back and seeing my high score beat, then I would play until I beat that dude's high score. Sometimes a mystery person whom you'd eventually meet there. Pinball is the best... Multi-ball, replays, high scores, bonuses, match, and I love that pop when you'd win a free game.

I never got to play much of the pinball game KISS. But I saw one get sold on that show Pawnstars for cheap. How much does a good machine like Space Station or Monopoly run?

Some of my favs are:

Simpsons
Southpark
Circus Voltaire
Twilight Zone
Star Trek Next Gen
Cactus Canyon

My best friend is big time into pinball and has a garage full of them in varying states of restoration.

I am in the market for a pinball machine. Any owners out there? what do you like or recommend in pinball?

Wow, I though I was the only NSX owner with a pinball collection. Are you aware of the different pinball generations? If not, prior to 1978 pinball machines are call electro-mechanical (EM). EM's can be very expensive to repair, not as fun to play but they are cheaper to purchase. Post 1978 pinball machines are know as "Solid-State". Solid-state pinball machines are easy to repair, more fun to play but have a higher purchase price.

I could spend hours on this subject however most of the information you may want is at: http://www.ipdb.org/

If you have specific questions, please post to this thread. I check NSXprime in the evenings :)

Someday....someday....I will own "Twilight Zone"

Oh, and I will find and kill the individual responsible for "South Park". What a bull shit gutter that board had. That thing was designed to drink.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been looking for a "Black Knight 2000" in good condition. Man I loved that game!

I have the original "Black Knight" pinball machine released back in early eighties. It took me approximately five years to find mine. I have never seen the Black Knight 2000 in person :(

The pin I'm looking for is "Creature from Black Lagoon". One day it shall be mine :biggrin:

EM machines are an easy fix. Mostly cleaning switch stacks, and cleaning the hardened grease out of the score reels. Most if they've seen heavy use need flipper coils.....again not a big deal.

The first-gen Ballys, like 8 Ball, are the absolute worst to repair.....the AA batteries used for game memory are mounted on the main board, and leaky batteries always corrode the board. Williams machines have a similar setup, but I've never had issues with them.

One of the most fun machines is Data East Monday Night Football, I replaced one of the bazillion pin displays on the one I had....managed to desolder every pin without burning the board, no easy task......

All time fave though is Space Shuttle.....I had about half a dozen perfectly working machines, which I ended up selling before my divorce :mad:

Last edited:
Me Gorgon,me eat you:biggrin:

I have the original "Black Knight" pinball machine released back in early eighties. It took me approximately five years to find mine. I have never seen the Black Knight 2000 in person :(

The pin I'm looking for is "Creature from Black Lagoon". One day it shall be mine :biggrin:

My buddy has a Black Knight wide body? that he is planning to restore. I know a few people with Creatures. One of them was selling one a few months ago. Think he was asking $1300-$1400 if I recall correctly. Can't remember if he sold it or not(had it for sale at Pinagogo).

Hi

My brother has a pinball machine and some video games. I will point him to this thread and see if he can contribute anything here.

I will read some more in detail this thread soon.

Edit: He is a Porsche guy though so I guess he has not seen the light and bought a NSX :biggrin:

Regards

Last edited:
All time fave though is Space Shuttle.....I had about half a dozen perfectly working machines, which I ended up selling before my divorce :mad:

They had Space Shuttle at my college and I loved that game because I could put in a quarter and win free games almost every time because it was so easy. Fun too. I'd have to play it again to see if I'd want it at home.

You name it...I have played it...my favorites are the more classic 70s pinball games like The Harlem Globetrotters and Alien Poker! Black Knight will always be the ultimate multi-ball 2 tier game - but I also loved Haunted House - which had you play a ball within the body of the game...it was a fun game but it broke down a great deal.

Dam :cool:

Nice! I've been trying to find one in good condition, but have not been very successful in my casual searching. Here it is in action, with the lights out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t10rpZPFuWs

Back