• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pinball

Wow, I though I was the only NSX owner with a pinball collection.

I could spend hours on this subject however most of the information you may want is at: http://www.ipdb.org/

If you have specific questions, please post to this thread. I check NSXprime in the evenings :)

Its a small world.
I tried to stir up some interest in other car forums but was left with chirping crickets.

Texas Brent; I have an extensive collection and you are invited over to check it out.
I have 4 machines for sale; Twilight Zone, Circus Voltaire, Theatre of Magic, and Junkyard.
All are in exceptional condition. As a collector I look for the very best machines and buy one when it comes along. The machines I have for sale are all duplicates of others in the collection.

I'm willing to share my experience and knowledge even if you dont select one of these.
There are lots of nice machines in DFW but there are lots of turds as well. As with cars; buyer beware.

What I concentrate on are the 1992 to 98 Bally/Williams games (with a few newer Sterns thrown in).
These were the last produced by arguably the "Cadillac" of the manufacturers.
They are priced anywhere from $1000 on up to $8000 or so. Just like an NSX they hold their value. Before the current economic mess many were appreciating at 10% or more a year. Now is a great time to buy.
There are lots of parts available still, many people who can work on them, and an active market if (when ;) ) you wish to add more/trade .

One of the best hobbies I've ever been in.
The machines are "alive".

Last edited:
I have 4 machines for sale; Twilight Zone, Circus Voltaire, Theatre of Magic

Damn :eek: You have some of the most desirable solid state pinball machines ever made!!!

Out of the Pins you own, which one do you enjoy the most? I've had several opportunities to purchase Twilight Zone but had a hard time justifying the asking price (approx $3k) :frown:

My buddy has a Black Knight wide body? that he is planning to restore. I know a few people with Creatures.

I've never read about a wide body Black Knight, I'll have to google it :)

Please find out if the "Creature" is still for sale and the condition. In the past three years, I've never found one for sale in my area :(

Out of the Pins you own, which one do you enjoy the most? I've had several opportunities to purchase Twilight Zone but had a hard time justifying the asking price (approx $3k) :frown:

I'll go along with the usual top ten lists in;
Tied are Medieval Madness or Twilight Zone along with Adams Family third.

Another link, This one with honest reviews;
http://www.pinballreviews.com/

Here's one with "votes" for the best;
http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

Best values include TZ, Star Trek Next Generation, Indiana Jones B/W (NOT Stern).

Sleepers include Jackbot,The Shadow, World Cup Soccer, No Good Gophers, and Revenge from Mars.
I also like Godzilla although not B/W
For a grand Jackbot, World Cup Soccer, or The Shadow cant be beat.

A great condition TZ is easily worth 3k.

Last edited:
I've never read about a wide body Black Knight, I'll have to google it :)

Please find out if the "Creature" is still for sale and the condition. In the past three years, I've never found one for sale in my area :(

I'll have to check next time I am there for sure. Could be mixing up the Black Knight with another machine he has there.

Next time I run into the guy that had the Creature for sale I will ask him about it. I see him every few weeks or so. He works at the datacenter that our customer has their servers in.

Actually, now that I think about it I think I mixed the Black Knight up with the Judge Dredd that is next to it. JD is a wide body.

I've posted this before, but did any of you know that our own Rob Morrison (RacerX on Prime) was the designer for Big Bang Bar, a famous pinball game/ that never went into production?

I've posted this before, but did any of you know that our own Rob Morrison (RacerX on Prime) was the designer for Big Bang Bar, a famous pinball game/ that never went into production?

Didn't know that. Cool. Someone did finally do a limited run of Big Bang Bar as I got to play one recently. The one I played was finished just last year and I am sure I don't want to know how much it cost.

http://bigbangbar.net/

Last edited:
I *KNOW* I replied to this thread a few days ago, but it's not here!

When I was in my 20s, I used to repair and collect pinball machines and other arcade games (especially Atari X/Y). Among collectors, THE machine to own was Black Knight. Personally I enjoyed Black Knight 2000 more, but I never did own one of those. I rotated machines in and out, but the ones I always kept until I finally moved to someplace without room was BK, Gorgar and Xenon.

My ultimate game however was not a pinball machine. It took me a good 10 years to hunt down one of these. I finally sold it 3 years ago because it had been at my friend's house for the past 7 or 8 years and I decided I'd rather it go to a good home (and make some $$$) than get damaged by his drunk friends or 4 boys (he had 1 infant when I loaned it). At the peak of the .com bubble, they were fetching around $8000. I bought it for $50 (as part of a bulk buy when I was with Digital Equipment, a bunch of us bought out an arcade that went under for $50/unit x 100 or so games). I sunk about $200-300 into it replacing the monitor and video cards. I sold it for approximately $2K 15 years after I bought it.

Less than 500 of these were made and the majority were destroyed by Atari. BTW, another handy thing was all my games had fully working coin mechanisms. I had a lot of big parties in my 20s and would turn them on. Highest score of the night on each machine split the money in the machine. The first time I suggested charging, I figured people say I'd be an ass to do that, but surprisingly everyone LOVED the idea and people were lined up all night at every machine and it helped pay for the kegs and porta potties (this was at my parent's house. Our septic system couldn't handle the people so we had to bring in porta potties). Extreme even played there one year (total fluke, they showed up and since band practice for my band was at my house, they just jumped on the instruments).

QUANTUM.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I have a Tempest in really nice condition(was owned by a collector and never spent time in an arcade). Also have a home built counter top MAME/Daphne cabinet.

I own Bally Fireball Classic and Williams Space Station. Right now, both need the services of a decent technician :frown:

I had a lot of big parties in my 20s and would turn them on. Highest score of the night on each machine split the money in the machine. The first time I suggested charging, I figured people say I'd be an ass to do that, but surprisingly everyone LOVED the idea and people were lined up all night at every machine and it helped pay for the kegs and porta potties (this was at my parent's house. Our septic system couldn't handle the people so we had to bring in porta potties). Extreme even played there one year (total fluke, they showed up and since band practice for my band was at my house, they just jumped on the instruments).

Awesome story :tongue:

I worked with DEC hardware for many years. What job function did you have at DEC?

I *KNOW* I replied to this thread a few days ago, but it's not here!

When I was in my 20s, I used to repair and collect pinball machines and other arcade games (especially Atari X/Y). Among collectors, THE machine to own was Black Knight. Personally I enjoyed Black Knight 2000 more, but I never did own one of those. I rotated machines in and out, but the ones I always kept until I finally moved to someplace without room was BK, Gorgar and Xenon.

My ultimate game however was not a pinball machine. It took me a good 10 years to hunt down one of these. I finally sold it 3 years ago because it had been at my friend's house for the past 7 or 8 years and I decided I'd rather it go to a good home (and make some $$$) than get damaged by his drunk friends or 4 boys (he had 1 infant when I loaned it). At the peak of the .com bubble, they were fetching around $8000. I bought it for $50 (as part of a bulk buy when I was with Digital Equipment, a bunch of us bought out an arcade that went under for $50/unit x 100 or so games). I sunk about $200-300 into it replacing the monitor and video cards. I sold it for approximately $2K 15 years after I bought it.

Less than 500 of these were made and the majority were destroyed by Atari. BTW, another handy thing was all my games had fully working coin mechanisms. I had a lot of big parties in my 20s and would turn them on. Highest score of the night on each machine split the money in the machine. The first time I suggested charging, I figured people say I'd be an ass to do that, but surprisingly everyone LOVED the idea and people were lined up all night at every machine and it helped pay for the kegs and porta potties (this was at my parent's house. Our septic system couldn't handle the people so we had to bring in porta potties). Extreme even played there one year (total fluke, they showed up and since band practice for my band was at my house, they just jumped on the instruments).

QUANTUM.jpg

Is that a 69 pontiac trans am?:biggrin:

I have 4 machines for sale; Twilight Zone, Circus Voltaire, Theatre of Magic, and Junkyard.
All are in exceptional conditio
There are lots of nice machines in DFW but there are lots of turds as well. As with cars; buyer beware.

I had the pleasure of playing Theater Of Magic at a friend's home. What a great game.

Back