• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Play Forza Motorsport... Drive my NSX!!

That's right - play the game and you'll be driving my car. My 91 NSX was used in Forza Motorsport for all in-game NSX sound! I've been sitting on this for quite a while as per the NDA, but now that Forza has shipped...the cat is out of the bag and I couldn't be more excited. Someone at Microsoft loves the NSX :biggrin: as its on almost all of the promo material for Forza and I'm proud to say my NSX provided the base sound for all 6 NSX'es in the game. And I must say, it sounds unbelievable in 5.1.

In case you don't know - Forza has some of the most amazingly well done in game car sound effects ever done. I can attest to that as I've had the game for a little while now.

Here is the sound clip of the freerun pull. Its a mix of all the recordings from all the mics- (in game they mix the stuff dynamically) so there is alot of engine and intake sound that you don't normally hear. This .mp3 file is from all of the 6 different microphone prespectives, including: left & right exhaust at less than 4" from the tailpipes, left & right exhaust at approx 18" from tailpipes, ambient engine bay, and intake from a microphone 4" from the throttle plate.
NSX Forza recording

Here are the pics from the dyno session... I have lots more details and info - but I just had to share now that Forza shipped.

Go get Forza and drive the best sounding videogame NSX ever. (and one of the finest racing sims ever too)!!! :wink:

Update: I created an NSXPRIME.COM Car club on Forza. Come and join - my gamerTag is SaberX. Time for all of us to represent the NSX in cyberspace just like we do in real life. My goal is to hold a few top times in various classes with the NSX.

Attachments

• ForzaDyno1Small.JPG
    ForzaDyno1Small.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,435
  • ForzaDyno2Small.JPG
    ForzaDyno2Small.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,407
  • ForzaDyno3Small.JPG
    ForzaDyno3Small.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,388
  • ForzaDyno4Small.JPG
    ForzaDyno4Small.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,386
Last edited:
That is just AWESOME :biggrin: Im almost 34 shouldnt i be done playin video games :biggrin:

Last year a friend at MS came over with a tape measure and took a few measurements off of mine. I'm trying to remember if he was working on Forza or not. I can't remember. As I recall, he was lead car artist on an Xbox racing title that wasn't PG2.

Funny... come to think of it... didn't you and I meet a little while back? We have the same first names, black/black NSXes, and maybe both of our cars had some influence on this game. Ooo. SPOOKY. :)

gheba_nsx said:
But you do not have a stock exhaust, or not? :D

They needed a mid-range sounding NSX so they could digitally modify it down for a stock NSX and up for a race NSX. They couldn't stretch a stock sound all the way up to a race sound. :biggrin:

Hehehe... just to burst your bubble of excitement; everyone who buys Forza will probably TOTAL your NSX more times than you care to know. :D

Those are awesome details on how they did the recording of the sounds. thanx

I reserved my copy of Forza last week. I also reserved the Fanatec Speedster wheel. I'm picking both up tonight. From what I have read it looks like it a GT4 buster.

:biggrin: I already have GT4, and the graphics are awesome in 1080i mode, but they say that XBOX graphics in Forza rocks! So that's why I had to pick up my copy today, but I'm still at work :frown: , can't wait to go home and play it! Wow 5.1 Dolby Digital support, oh boy oh boy... and they used a fellow nsx member's nsx for making the game, now that's awesome!!! Store clerk said he wouldn't suggest me getting Forza if I already had GT4, and told me that between the two games, Forza has more customization for each car, about 200, with GT4 has more cars 600 +. But I don't really care for all the different cars anyways, cuz all I ever used was the NSX ha ya haha :cool: And I mean, they used the NSX for the coverart, man even if you don't own the XBOX, you need to get it just for sentimental reasons. :smile:

:frown: i have xbox... but went out and bought ps2 and the force feedback wheel just for GT4. i wish i had known about this game.

Well....I just went to lunch and bought the game. Now I have to wait till quiting time to play.

I think I'm feeling a bit sick, maybe I should go home :biggrin:

You know what, I'm still at work, but I taught of something really cool.... IF YOU OWN FORZA MOTORSPORT AND HAVE XBOX LIVE, WE NEED TO SHARE OUR LOGON ID, SO WE CAN RACE EACH OTHER!!! MY LOGON ID IS: NSXGUY

Please PM me time you will be on, I'm locate in the PST zone. Thanks much!

Sam

ss5153 said:
You know what, I'm still at work, but I taught of something really cool.... IF YOU OWN FORZA MOTORSPORT AND HAVE XBOX LIVE, WE NEED TO SHARE OUR LOGON ID, SO WE CAN RACE EACH OTHER!!! MY LOGON ID IS: NSXGUY

Please PM me time you will be on, I'm locate in the PST zone. Thanks much!

Sam

Ya - I thought the same thing. On XboxLive search for SaberX and I'll have you join the NSXPRIME.COM car club. That way all of us can drive together - we can also challenge other car clubs to races and get our club to be top rated.

Totally cool....but somewhat upsetting too. I was invited to have my NSX recorded for our combat racing game Jak X, but it seemed I was at Mammoth snowboarding whenever they scheduled recording sessions. Sucks too because our sound engineer said he'd give me the uncompressed audio files if he did record my car. Oh well.

I preordered Forza a few weeks ago and should be able to pick it up tomorrow. From what I've read and seen, it bests GT4 in some areas, while coming up short in others. It's most upsetting that it only runs at 30fps (for racing games, I usually consider that a deal breaker), but I'm still looking forward to playing it. As for graphics, from what I've seen the cars in GT4 look waaaay better and more realistic, but Forza definitely benefits from the Xbox's shimmer-free display and higher detail in the backgrounds. Lack of true force feedback will probably be my biggest gripe with Forza (I can't believe the Xbox can't support true force feedback)...so those of you who invested in the Driving Force Pro (like me) still has a great reason to play GT4!

That said, Forza IS online...which is my primary incentive for buying it. My gamertag is: akira3dog

(I lost "akira3d" when I let my two month trial subscription expire. Xbox Live doesn't let you reclaim your old gamertag...stupid Microsoft!!!!)

forza ROCKS!

its graphics albeit 30fps crush GT3.

Great stuff M$.

Thanks for the commitment to the gamers!

xxx said:
Sounds awesome...especially when VTEC hits! :biggrin:

Yes. Absolutely beautiful. I've sat back and listened to this four or five times when I got home from work. Nothing more relaxing than listening to classical
"music" like this. Thanks so much for posting this clip.

<B>Eric</B>: Why didn't you just use Akira4d?

<B>Eric</B>: Why didn't you just use Akira4d?

When I re-signed on, I couldn't think of anything that really worked for me. I wanted to keep akira3d in the name (since that's all I ever go by online), and added the "og" as a reference to my employer. If I resigned today, I'd be more apt to go with AkiraGT or AkiraNSX...but at the time I had no plans to buy Forza.

Anybody get a chance to play this game yet? I'd love to get your feedback on how the car sounds in game. I think sounds great with a good stereo system... you'll be left wanting if you pipe it straight through the TV.

I was also wondering if my NSX was one of the only professionally recorded cars here on the forum. Anyone else know if there are any other sound clips like mine?

Congrats B (SaberX),

That sound clip was a nice break to listen to at work yesterday. I hope I can get a chance to play Forza Motorsport sometime...I'm still putting in work on GT4.

See you this Sat at Claim Jumper, I have some questions for you, ha ha.

Sam

91 Sebring (last years proformance track day)

I just got it home and played a little bit. I drove the JGTC NSX. It was so nice. This is the driving game I have been waiting for.

I am NOT a gamer. I don't have a PS2 and don't really use my XBOX much, but I can see playing this game from time to time. That is saying a lot. A friend got me the XBOX last fall as a gift, and I rarely play it, but I think Forza is going to change that.

Then again, I took my car to a dyno tonight with good results and drove a CTSC NSX for a bit to feel the power. I think I am going to stay NA and only go the full FactorX route if I end up with FI. (End of thread hijack, back to Forza . . .)

brahtw8 said:
Then again, I took my car to a dyno tonight with good results and drove a CTSC NSX for a bit to feel the power. I think I am going to stay NA and only go the full FactorX route if I end up with FI. (End of thread hijack, back to Forza . . .)

Really, I was thinking you were speaking about Forza (I got it last week but stll had no time for it, I am moving in a new apartemnt and I am overwhelmed by stuff to do)! I thought that the details of tunig was really crazy if the FactorX was there... :p :p :p

Then you brought me back to reality! :D

Hi SaberX, I got your invite from XBOX Live and added you to my buddy list. :smile: I got 5.1 Dolby Digital setup, and I think the sound effects were awesome! I turn the music off so I can hear the car and environment only. When I changed views, the sound changes with the view. In car sounds very similar to the real thing! I also love the damage, I crashed the nsx into a wall going 110 mph!!!! I played online for a short time, but I suck at it... maybe need to get used to the controls. This game gives you a sense of speed while going 100 mph+ but the framerate is kinda choppy, similar to Project Gotham 2, Midtown Madness. But overall, it's a great game! Hopefully we can get together online soon. :wink:

SaberX said:
Anybody get a chance to play this game yet? I'd love to get your feedback on how the car sounds in game. I think sounds great with a good stereo system... you'll be left wanting if you pipe it straight through the TV.

I was also wondering if my NSX was one of the only professionally recorded cars here on the forum. Anyone else know if there are any other sound clips like mine?

Back