yeah man, get the orange color ( NSX type S Zero color!!) and make sure you get the right color code. There's one Type S color NSX in Vancouver, and hey, it's one of the BEST looking NSXs here.
DAMN........ Sorry to hear about it =( I have just finished up my 1993 turbo DFI Integra. It go so beat up at the shop I use to work for... (a two year project can bring a lot of damage) However, I just go the car painted... same color, came out great, but be sure the shop you are getting the work done cares about cars as much as you do... It seriously takes a car enthusiast to really have pride in his/her work when it comes to paint work. Also the type of paint you plan to use, Dupont, Sikens, house of colors, etc... or the shop paint that they use is very important to final finishing and curing. The next is the type of paint gun, and the facility. I've had friends take their cars to shops that cut their time and cost on prep work and just do a bang up jobs, and it never comes out as what they plan. So be sure to do your research.
The next thing is changing color, can be a pain sometimes, if you do not mind them striping the doors, door jams, hood,hood jams, trunk, etc.. and paint each piece so it comes out looking factory, hitting each and every part of visible paneling can take a good shop a month or more.. but it is extremely hard to get a perfect job unless you strip it to the bare frame. So give it some though, the color change is definitely bad ass.... but the time needed to dismantle a whole car and putting it back together and $$$$$ can sometimes not all its worth.
But best of luck and hope this helps you out,
and again sorry to hear your damage....
QUOTE]Originally posted by NSX888: My car just get keyed this weekend!!! Can someone please share your experience on repainting the whole car? I am also thinking about changing the car color from black to orange.....
My NSX got keyed, of all places, at a $%^&*@ car show!!!! If I could have only been there to have seen it. My blood boils at just the thought of it. However, I was very fortunate and 95% of it buffed out. For the remaining 5% I told them not to spray the door. Instead they just filled the scratches in by hand with a brush. After 20 coats the scratches were finally flush with the rest of the door. Then they told me to come back in a week or so, after the paint had some additional time to dry, and they would buff it out the best they could.
Overall they did a pretty good job. I can still see them if I look from an angle, but its just because I know where to look.
As for changing colors, I would not recommend it unless you have $$$ to burn. That type of job at a quality shop is going to set you back a small fortune because of all the labor involved in prepping areas that are not usually painted during same-color jobs. These areas being the door jams, inside of the doors, trunk, sills, you get the point.
Good luck and sorry to hear about your misfortune!