• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Plotted compressor map for Novi 2000, might be of interest to some.

Plotted using data from a test freeway pull I did in third gear after I fixed my MAP sensor.

Hopefully my math is correct. I've been working on a program that will plot this stuff
dynamically over a compressor map via the web after you enter some data points,
hopefully that will be done soon.

Hope this helps folks with the Novi 2000 supercharger. Cheers,

n2k_compressor_map_medium_plotted.JPG

Another 60 CID sure would be sweet... ;)

-mike

so you should be right about 350 HP huh.....
get that thing spinning faster earlier and you found the sweet spot... :)

01blacks4 said:
so you should be right about 350 HP huh.....
get that thing spinning faster earlier and you found the sweet spot... :)

Ya, the car actually dynoed at 350rwhp with about +30-40 degree intake temps (since it was sitting on the dyno versus cruising down the freeway). I'd like to see 400 when I finish hacking/mounting the intercooler and fine tune the afr (runs around 10:1 above 6k rpm).

ps: I also still have the OEM headers on the car, with a probable exhaust leak at the forward banks mid-pipe.

Cheers,

-mike

mike...am i correct it the guess that @ redline you are pulling about 10PSI?
(7psi = about 1.47 pr ratio....10 psi about 1.7 pr ratio.)

01blacks4 said:
mike...am i correct it the guess that @ redline you are pulling about 10PSI?
(7psi = about 1.47 pr ratio....10 psi about 1.7 pr ratio.)

Ya, it actually hits around 11PSI at 8k. The dyno run experienced around 190 degree IAT's (no intercooler, yowzers!) as measured/logged from the oem sensor in the manifold. The freeway pull (which is what I plotted on the compressor map) had the temps as shown in the compressor map legend-- 130 Deg F. in the manifold at 8k rpm.

-mike

has anyone done a before/after pull w/wout the aftercooler in place? i know Andy did a laser temp reading of -30..

peiserg said:
has anyone done a before/after pull w/wout the aftercooler in place? i know Andy did a laser temp reading of -30..

I'll be doing one, soon as I finish installing the IC. Locating the proper elbows/joints has turned into a royal pain in the ass, it should have been done already. Ofcourse, I'm not using the a water/air or the one MB sells, so I'm not sure how applicable my numbers will be to anyone else.. but I'll have the air temp inside the manifold logged for both tests.

I'm expecting a 25-30 degree drop in temp on the dyno, and probably only 15-20 on the street with my setup. We'll see how it does, and I'll re-plot these compressor maps with the new data.

-mike

Back