• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PLS Clarify what my friend is Telling ME? About a 91

My friend JUST got a 91 with 5k on it, perfect! he says it is a "gold key"? and that the 91 has 300 HP per the books he got, I thought there was NO 300 til later models, he say it has traction control, I thought that was implemented around 97? thnx, Dogdoc :confused: :confused:

dogdoc said:
My friend JUST got a 91 with 5k on it, perfect! he says it is a "gold key"? and that the 91 has 300 HP per the books he got, I thought there was NO 300 til later models, he say it has traction control, I thought that was implemented around 97? thnx, Dogdoc :confused: :confused:

I’m assuming that you are talking about an NSX
The 91 was the first year and came with a 3.0 liter engine with 270 hp or 250 ish in an Auto. It did come with traction control.

In 97+ the 6 speed came with a 3.2 liter engine with 290 hp
It’s all in the FAQ
I have no idea what gold key is and find it strange that a 91 would only have 5K miles on it.

Regards,

Patrick

dogdoc said:
My friend JUST got a 91 with 5k on it, perfect! he says it is a "gold key"?
He may have seen the "titanium" key that was available for some model years (and not really titanium but a certain metal mixture that is also described in the FAQ.

NSX-Racer said:
He may have seen the "titanium" key that was available for some model years (and not really titanium but a certain metal mixture that is also described in the FAQ.
Yes. Look in the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions) under General Info - NSX Keys. The metal key came with the car for '91-96. It was discontinued in '97 because it could not contain the chip needed for the immobilizer system introduced that year.

You can access the NSX FAQ by clicking on the word FAQ in the red bar at the top of your screen, the one that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

Back