• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Polished Alum. fuse box cover Can't get it on????

Hey folks, I just got home with my new Dali cover and tried to put in in place. Seems like a nicely made unit, but I can't seem to get it in place. I can get any 2 sides in place, but not all 4! :mad: . There are rounded corners and square corners and I'm lining them up properly as best I can see. Square go to the passenger side, right? Do I need to do something to shave down the unit? Have any of you experienced the same thing? Would I shave the alum? or the plastic? Plastic is easier, but seems like that would be the more expensive mistake!!!

I'd appriciate your advice before I go damage something to get this thing on.

Thanks!

Rotate it 90 degrees and try it again. It should work then. The the fuse box is more of a rectangular shape than a square shape. This is why it goes on only one way.

I've tried it all four ways, and the way I mentioned seems to be closest, but will only go on 2 sides at a time. Have any of you experienced this, or do you think I may have gotten an incorrect part????

Well, it sits on the box, but not fully over. I can only get one side down. This should really be easy. I don't get why this isn't fitting. For those with the fuse box cover, is it really, really tight. I don't really want to take a mallet to it to get it on.

Pass me some thoughts if you would...

rherschberg said:
Well, it sits on the box, but not fully over. I can only get one side down. This should really be easy. I don't get why this isn't fitting. For those with the fuse box cover, is it really, really tight. I don't really want to take a mallet to it to get it on.

Pass me some thoughts if you would...

Hi Rick - you might check your in box from yesterday - the obvious :biggrin: is posted on the website product page:

"Notice that the Dali Racing Fuse Box Cover has 4 DIFFERENT radius'd corners, just like the OEM plastic cover. Compare that to the other ones out there that are 2X the price and are just a generically square piece of aluminum."

i.e. it only fits on in one specific orientation; no hammer is needed. (although it is my favorite tool)

OK, Stupid me. Polished cover goes over the stock cover :redface: . I thought it replaced the stock cover.... Fits and looks great. :biggrin:

Thanks Mark for working me through this and following up to make sure I was satisfied.... :wink:

Take care,

Back