• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Polished Nickel Steel 2nd Gen NSX

Shapeways (3D printed) is having a Cyber Monday Sale (15% off w/code happymonday) on a 2nd Gen NSX (7.73 x 3.84 x 2.12cm) in polished (plated) nickel steel ($200), white natural versatile plastic ($40), smooth fine detail plastic ($36), or smoothest fine detail plastic ($52). Keep in mind depending upon which material you choose you may see faint visible print lines. I have not ordered one of these so I can't comment on it (but the nickel one might make a nice paperweight) but I have ordered several other things over the years (design your own, buy someone else's design, etc.) which come out great!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/TQV5UCF66/acura-honda-nsx-concept?optionId=63005389&li=marketplace

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. Is it solid all the way through? If you hollow out a majority of the material from underneath, it'll lower the cost significantly.

How was the model created?

That's pretty cool. Is it solid all the way through? If you hollow out a majority of the material from underneath, it'll lower the cost significantly.

I think it is solid all the way but you're right on lowering the cost but then it won't feel as heavy :)

How was the model created?

Shapeways accepts files from any of these programs and then uses 3D metal printing in this case.

Back