• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Poll - What do you do for a living (PLS VOTE!)

My occupation (or source of wealth/income) is...

• Medical Doctor (non surgery)

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Medical Doctor (surgery)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Dentist / Orthodontist

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Attorney

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Armed Forces

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Law Enforcement Officer / Fire

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Politician (Major, Representative, etc.)

• Engineer (or Engineer moved into management ranks now)

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • Management (finance / accounting) - Large corporation

• Management (marketing / sales) - Large corporation

• Management (operations) - Large corporation

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Sales Executive (employed or independent, all products)

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Small-Medium business founder/owner

Votes: 24 16.8%
  • Small-Medium business CEO (non founder/owner)

• Federal or State employee

• Independently wealthy - job inconsequential (family or husband/wife)

• Wall Street (ibanking, PE, hedge fund)

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Private wealth management (broker, investment advisor)

• Accountant

• College kid or recent grad -- how 'bout a little help bro???

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Don't work. Play. Retired.:tongue: Can't take your poll.

Maybe retired should choose the "Independently wealthy" option, unless you can add another option to the choices?

I forgot some old people drove NSXs. Still, the "politician" option is pretty close to being retired, no? :tongue:

You're such a butt head.:biggrin: :biggrin:

So Ski,what are you going to do with the results of this poll.??? Spam prime with tracking cookies:eek: :confused:

Wow, I didn't realize we had so many engineers here. Engineers FTW!

Engineer is such a broad grouping.
I used to be a Locomotive Engineer, now I'm a Network Engineer in the IT field. Both Engineers but so very different.

I used to be a Locomotive Engineer, now I'm a Network Engineer in the IT field. Both Engineers but so very different.

Yeah, I'm sure there would be numerous, better ways of slicing things (by industry would be interesting too, rather than position) but....

Docjohn, I plan on posting a link to this thread on Ferrarichat for those chucklehead F348 owners to ponder. just kidding. :tongue:

Its funny you ask, i was just thinking today what i wanted to major in (im 18) and i cannot figure it out.
1) I like cars. Auto engineering (not a tech) Builder /designer.
2)i like computers.Thought about Computer engineering.
3)Marketing
4)possibly my own business /Make lots of money. :rolleyes:

Same here. I'm a 'Sr. Systems Engineer' and security consultant. I wouldn't say that's "engineering" but thats the closest thing on this poll.

Yeah, I'm sure there would be numerous, better ways of slicing things (by industry would be interesting too, rather than position) but....

Docjohn, I plan on posting a link to this thread on Ferrarichat for those chucklehead F348 owners to ponder. just kidding. :tongue:

I would love to see this same poll on ferrarichat. The little 348 kids aren't rich, but some of the other guys are beyond rich.

Well... I'm a claims manager for a vehicle rental company and I review all of our customer claims and wrecks. I was put into this place with three other guys by the CEO with a mission to recover the millions that the co has previously let get away. The project has been a success so I'm happy I'm in that good spotlight but I'm starting to outgrow what I do and I wanna move up. Rightfully so since they told me to look forward to moving up because I've been their best employee and got a great review. The problem is, I'm wanting to get paid much higher and I don't see that happening here too soon... and they haven't really rewarded my efforts with anything other than free Starbucks for the last 6 months. :D

I'm looking into getting back to school to get a degree in business (because I've been in management for 7 years now), as well as a degree in geology. I would love to work outside for a change.

You older or more experienced gents should help a young fellow like myself with some pointers and advice. :) :) :)

As observed by others, technology (i.e., not engineer) is missing as a category so I'm unable to respond.

Back