• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Poor 1991 NSX with 2,900 miles on ebay

I just feel bad for this car. It's a 1991 with only 2,900 miles. Poor car never got driven. Just sat in the garage all the time I guess. Seems pretty silly to be to buy an NSX and not enjoy it.

Oh well, anyone who wants to check it out, here is the url:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1815334007&r=0&t=0

It might be a good buy for someone here shopping.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

If he changed the oil every six months, that would equate to about every 125 miles
biggrin.gif

Wanna bet the timing belt is original ... does that mean you need to change it twice next year in keeping with every 72 months
biggrin.gif

A low serial number. Is it in snap ring territory? And I don't get it. Why would someone buy it and just not drive it. Thats sure not happening to mine. I've had it less than 3 months and I've already put 2,000 miles on it. This guy should have gotten a model to put on his desk. It would have been easier for him to take with him when he moved.

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Originally posted by mikec:
A low serial number. Is it in snap ring territory?

You won't know for sure unless you check the transmission ID. But if it has the original transmission from when it was built, then it is almost certainly not in the snap ring range.

And I don't get it. Why would someone buy it and just not drive it. Thats sure not happening to mine. I've had it less than 3 months and I've already put 2,000 miles on it. This guy should have gotten a model to put on his desk. It would have been easier for him to take with him when he moved.

I am astonished by the narrow-mindedness that has been displayed by quite a few of our NSXprime members recently (and I'm not just referring to mikec). Many people get their cars for many different reasons. There are probably as many ways to enjoy an NSX as there are people who own them. You may want to put 2,000 miles on your car in three months, while another owner may want to take three years to put the same mileage on. And he may get just as much pride and enjoyment from keeping his mileage low as you do from using yours. Each of us is a different person, with different needs and desires. Let's keep that in mind, while each of us enjoys his (or her) own NSX in the way that he prefers.

Back