• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porsche builds a NSX

So the new Cayman will have around 290HP, light weight, mid engine, around $90K (estimated) etc.. It sounds a lot like this one car that I know... :wink:

Umm... okay so back to the topic...

So I was saying... I fell in love with NSX, and now I may be able to get one. BUT I see this new Caymen S, which should be very similar in performance and cost to NSX. Now I don't know what to do... In one hand, NSX was my dream car. But in other hand Caymen is newer and more modern... So what do you think?

I think it is butt ugly and looks just like any other current gen Porsche, except for the Cayenne. Plus, why would they have two vehicles with such similar sounding names, it is hard enough for the rednecks to keep them straight now:D

i like that new VW bug. :biggrin:
hummmm but the logo looks diff, looks like that bug has a porsche Emblem..... weird :confused:

Akira said:
Umm... okay so back to the topic...

So I was saying... I fell in love with NSX, and now I may be able to get one. BUT I see this new Caymen S, which should be very similar in performance and cost to NSX. Now I don't know what to do... In one hand, NSX was my dream car. But in other hand Caymen is newer and more modern... So what do you think?

forget about the numbers, they don't really talk in the auto world

the NSX is quite a unique evhicle, there is nothing like it in the world, not even this new prsche can match it in my eyes

just remember, if you look at numbers, then the new nissan 350z would be an opponant of the nssx, but in reality, it's noware close.

I recal reading a poll, on the best sportscar of all time, (it was from Autocar magazine)

I'll give you the top 10 list as I remember it

1- the mac f1
2-Ferrari F40
3- 1993 Porsche RS
4- I don't remember
5- I don't remember
6-I don't rememeber
(well you get the idea)
10- yours trully, the one and only, NSX

so you see, the NSX is a very special car regardless of the upcoming competition

I just wish those idiots at Honda would produce a new one

well, sicne this is an NSX forum and I'm an NSX die hard

GO with your heart man!

I know I would when I get the cash and have the choice

it's not a NSX

Akira said:
So the new Cayman will have around 290HP, light weight, mid engine, around $90K (estimated) etc.. It sounds a lot like this one car that I know... :wink:

hmmm... Well it's been 16 years afterall, lol! A very unfitting comparison...

The mid-range Porsche model is supposed to slotted between the Boxster & the 911. In the magz it was stated to be a revised Boxster in a coupe form, morseso tuned for the track. A more upmarket Lotus Elise per se'.

I would assume it'll be a $60k model (much more after spec'd w/ Porsche's "optional equipment"). It can't be priced much higher or else it'll be just like BMW's faux paus in releasing the X3 too similarly proportioned, spec'd, and equipped to the X5 (X5 is being revised and will be bigger & better than before, widening the gap w/ it's smaller sibling).

This new model by Porsche is to fatten up the profits, just like the Cayenne has... not take away sales from the 'prodigal' 911! :cool:

All I can say is those 360 F1 Modena prices better start sinking!!! :p

Akira said:
Your right, my heart says NSX... But my brain says Cayman is more wise choice... Damn, this is hard.

It's Easy
the wise choice is listen to your heart. he he he :biggrin:

come-on...., your in an NSX forum of course u really want the NSX but u just need some reassurance from us NSX owners that's all.
just like this guy.. see this thread Here

Last edited:
Little update... So I am almost to the point where I can't think anything else except NSX! :biggrin: I just put my old car to autotrader (350Z twin turbo) today and now my search for the perfect NSX begains. :smile:

Akira said:
Little update... So I am almost to the point where I can't think anything else except NSX! :biggrin: I just put my old car to autotrader (350Z twin turbo) today and now my search for the perfect NSX begains. :smile:
Told u so.. see my post above yours.... he he he :biggrin:

Re: it's not a NSX

Osiris_x11 said:
The mid-range Porsche model is supposed to slotted between the Boxster & the 911. In the magz it was stated to be a revised Boxster in a coupe form, morseso tuned for the track. A more upmarket Lotus Elise per se'.

I would assume it'll be a $60k model (much more after spec'd w/ Porsche's "optional equipment"). It can't be priced much higher...

Good assumption, but apparently wrong.

Two major mags (C&D and MT, I believe) have recently written that the car is supposed to start at $75K. In P-car speak that means that after you get just the basic options (metallic silver paint, red leather interior, sports package and HID headlmaps) you're looking at a low to mid $80K sports car.

No thanks Porsche.

Back