• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pretty NSX-R GT

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/78860

Honda-NSX-R-GT_450.jpg

Rough translation via Firefox Googlebar:

Honda presented one on only five vehicles limited special series supersports cars of the Nsx r.

Exclusively like the number of items, therefore also the price of the GT version is. Converted Honda for the special NSX calls approximately 357,700 euro. With this price the Japanese want to catch development costs of the attachments. Technically the GT is identical to the normal r-version. The 3,2-Liter-V6 carries 280 HP and 298 Nm out torque.

It appears from this quote that the roof-scoop is non-functional?

Particularly obviously, but without technical function the intake air channel comes along, which rises as with the formula 1-Rennwagen of the 70's saucily over the tail.

Apologize in advance since this is a re-post. :)

Last edited:
I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would pay that much money for that car. If Honda is using a 500HP twin-turbo motor in JGTC, they should have put that in there. At least it would be someone competitive with other cars costing that much. And yes, I have said this before and I am starting to sound like a broken record :)

Gee, tough decision... Buy a new NSX-R GT, or buy a new Porsche Carrera GT and a used Zanardi. I embarrassed for Honda that they are selling this thing for such a price.

:( Seems to me like Honda missed a real opportunity to do the "right thing" with this car. A bit off-topic: Any word on the status of the 300hp agreement in asian cars? I keep hearing it's no longer a barrier, but I haven't seen any strategic moves by the big plaers yet.

waldorf said:
:( Seems to me like Honda missed a real opportunity to do the "right thing" with this car. A bit off-topic: Any word on the status of the 300hp agreement in asian cars? I keep hearing it's no longer a barrier, but I haven't seen any strategic moves by the big plaers yet.

Honda was the first in Japan to officially break the agreement with the release of the Legend. It will be interesting to see what sort of HP numbers start coming out of Japan now!

NSX-Tuner said:
Why does it only have 280hp, when an '05 NSX-T has 290hp?
Probably a typo or something. At first I was thinking that the rating was in DIN HP, but the DIN rating would drive the rating higher than 290. But who really cares. 500k, what a joke.

Hell yeah.

When you're tossing that kind of cash around, you BETTER already have something with at LEAST 12 cylinders for your 1/4 mile beast.

Sure as hell woudln't be a bad buy for the exclusivity for an NSX lover who that kind of cheddar to burn.

Also, you'd be able to afford a team to install your own single or twin turbo monster. lol "Hello Factor X, I'd like you to make a custom setup for me..." lol

Damn... are there any larger hi res pics of these thing? I need new wallpaper for my desktop!

Please somebody tell me it's just a bad photochop. :( Honda, move on... finish the HSC.

edit: That PERISCOPE is a great mod idea.... :p

Last edited:
waldorf said:

I agree 100%. It was time to step up and this was the PERFECT chance. :mad:

It looks to me like if you already had a NSX-R, you could make it look like that thing for under $15K of parts -- Not that you would want to :wink: . But how the hell can they justify a $500,000 price tag???? Makes no sense. :confused:

Regarding the 280 number, I read this somewhere:
The recent GT-Rs already had 276hp(280ps) or more. The gentleman's agreement between manufacturers was pretty much to avoid rating their cars over 280ps. How much the cars actually produced at the dyno was fair game. That would explain why the Evos and STis have around 300hp(sometimes more), the Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO and Toyota Supra had 320hp, the Honda NSX had at least 290hp, and the R34 GT-R had up to 340hp. However, the agreement has pretty much been done away with. Honda was the first to break the 276hp rating barrier with their new 300hp Legend. Other manufacturers will soon follow suit.

It is hard to believe that Honda cannot rice their own cars.

I expect to see this NSX-R GT in a "Ricer Gone Bad" forum.

that "thing" on the roof is awful.

Just read some of the posts on vtec.net and some people were saying that from what they heard, the NSX-R GT was/is supposed to some with a 3.2 liter twin turbo V6 with about 500hp. Let's hope it's true. That would more so justify the price but that styling is still questionable to me.

Back