• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Price check - JH4NA1153MT002380

Considering a black/black 91 w/ 46k miles. Clean title/carfax. All original, full service records, 3 previous owners. Clutch and AC unit recently replaced, WP/TB hasn't been done but they agreed to have the work done and included in the sale price. Would also include transport from Omaha to Dallas in the sale price.

Asking price is $34,900. With the TB/WP service included that would bring the price of the car down closer to $33k ($1600 for service TB/WP service and $4-500 for transport).

Sounds like a reasonable deal. What do the wise folks here on Prime think?

I skimmed through that same thread. It was useful in working out the owner history before it ended up where it is now.

If everything checks out is $34-35k a fair price for a lower mileage 91 in the current market?

For what its worth - I just let my 91 go with 54k miles on it for around 31k - it had ALL maintenance done (A/C compressor, all hoses, TB/WP, etc) and it was pretty perfect. Very stock car - just aftermarket exhaust (but original exhaust included). I'm sure I could have gotten a bit more had I been patient, but was OK at this price as I'd just purchased a newer 01 NSX, and I liked the buyer - good guy protecting our country and a nut about the NSX. (like me :eek:) .

So if it all looks good to you, I'd say somewhere between 31k and 33k would be a fair price for both seller and buyer. .02 cents. Good Luck, Jay

After a few more conversations with the seller, making sure everything checked out, and through the magic of PenFed's crazy awesome loan rates (1.99% - I'll take it!), I am now the happy owner of a gorgeous black on black 1991 NSX!!
Looking like delivery will probably be early next week unless the stars align and they are able to get it here at the end of this week. :)

Thanks again for the input and advice. It really helped out.

Can't wait for it to get here so I can take some pretty pictures of it coming off the trailer!

The check from PenFed arrived today along with the loan paperwork. Turned right around and sent it over night to the seller. Looking like delivery date will be either Tuesday or Wednesday!

Weekend project - clean up the garage so it has a nice happy place to stay at night. :)

Congrats dirtiehippie! Please post some photos when you get your car. I still need to clean my garage too as my Accord is currently parked outside. Wish I could be there to see your reaction as the car is unloaded. :smile:

Planning on taking lots of pictures while it is being brought off the trailer - and then making my way to get the needed state inspection so that I can swing by the DMV and get it all out of the way. :)

I paid ended up paying the asking price of $34,900 and they included TB/WP service as well as delivery. If you take off the cost of maintenance and delivery it came out to be $32,800. They had also replaced the AC system and put in a new clutch before putting it up for sale. The car is in remarkable condition inside and out, 100% stock, and has complete service records. The clincher for me was that Nebraska doesn't have sales tax on auto sales. Because of that, it came out to be roughly the same as buying it for around $33k and then paying the 6.5% sales tax here in Texas to transfer the title. All in all, I was pretty happy in the end and PenFed came back with a pleasant 1.99% loan.

- Chris

Last edited:
Sounds awesome. You're going to be giddy as a schoolgirl when you lay your eyes on your NSX, especially given this is your first one. Be prepared for lots of sleepless nights, and getting up & going into your garage to check on your baby. Enjoy! :biggrin:

Planning on taking lots of pictures while it is being brought off the trailer - and then making my way to get the needed state inspection so that I can swing by the DMV and get it all out of the way. :)

I paid ended up paying the asking price of $34,900 and they included TB/WP service as well as delivery. If you take off the cost of maintenance and delivery it came out to be $32,800. They had also replaced the AC system and put in a new clutch before putting it up for sale. The car is in remarkable condition inside and out, 100% stock, and has complete service records. The clincher for me was that Nebraska doesn't have sales tax on auto sales. Because of that, it came out to be roughly the same as buying it for around $33k and then paying the 6.5% sales tax here in Texas to transfer the title. All in all, I was pretty happy in the end and PenFed came back with a pleasant 1.99% loan.

- Chris

TB/WP, AC overhaul and a new clutch? Sounds like a great deal to me!

I wonder if anybody at PenFed is going to raise an eyebrow to all of the NSX's they have on the books!

If it helps your peace of mind, I checked out this car about a month ago since it's about a mile from my house here in Omaha. I ended up passing on it because I really wanted a targa. You will not be disappointed, it's beautiful and has been well cared for. I assume the TB work will be done at Acura of Omaha which does great work.

Right on. Everything that I've seen so far indicated that it is in excellent condition and has checked out as expected. Glad to hear it passed scrutiny from someone else, also.

Just a few more days now... :)

Hope you can sleep tonight. I remember when the driver phoned and told me that mine would be there the next day, I hardly slept a wink, and when it arrived, everyone in the neighborhood was out to watch and there was me, not one camera shot. Do not forget your CAMERA!!!

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

Congrats! More than glad to welcome another NSX to the DFW area!
Looking forward to the pics ... Enjoy!

Congrats :smile: Sounds like a pretty good price to me considering all the maintenance that was done recently and having those records is very desireable.

Back