• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pricing on this NA1 NSX?

Just an update here for anyone that was curious.

Pulled off the reps and replaced with genuine Rays with some more acceptable tire sizes. Pulled out the compressor, tank and wiring for the air cups and dropped in a new battery. Pulled off front window tint. Went through the engine a bit and replaced the VSS as the speedo cut in and out with a new unit and the Vtech Solenoid gaskets as there was some oil beginning to weep from them. Did some regular maintenance items. Aside from it needing a major deep cleaning I havnt found anything of major concern yet. I pulled back the carpet in the rear to check for rear subframe damage and from a basic look over I didnt notice anything off.

I have an appointment with Acura to do the big service on Thursday (water pump, timing belt, coolant flush, cam plugs, etc) just as a preventative measure. I also ordered new leather seat covers and swapped out the spoon steering wheel button for a genuine Honda one.

Anyway... took it to its first autoX yesterday and had a blast. Ran incredible all day and totally destroyed a few cones.

Have already gained a lot of helpful info from these forums so I appreciate everyones contributions. Photo from the PIR grid.
IMG_4731.JPG

Just an update here for anyone that was curious.

Pulled off the reps and replaced with genuine Rays with some more acceptable tire sizes. Pulled out the compressor, tank and wiring for the air cups and dropped in a new battery. Pulled off front window tint. Went through the engine a bit and replaced the VSS as the speedo cut in and out with a new unit and the Vtech Solenoid gaskets as there was some oil beginning to weep from them. Did some regular maintenance items. Aside from it needing a major deep cleaning I havnt found anything of major concern yet. I pulled back the carpet in the rear to check for rear subframe damage and from a basic look over I didnt notice anything off.

I have an appointment with Acura to do the big service on Thursday (water pump, timing belt, coolant flush, cam plugs, etc) just as a preventative measure. I also ordered new leather seat covers and swapped out the spoon steering wheel button for a genuine Honda one.

Anyway... took it to its first autoX yesterday and had a blast. Ran incredible all day and totally destroyed a few cones.

Have already gained a lot of helpful info from these forums so I appreciate everyones contributions. Photo from the PIR grid.
View attachment 181248
Nice! I love seeing a NSX being returned to it's glorious original state! You should start a restoration thread in the Builds section.

One thing you can do to help with the frame damage concern is to measure some of the body control points on the front and rear clips, since this is where most NSXs suffer big hits. Several control points are accessible without taking anything apart. I usually do a big "X" on the front and rear. It's crude, but you'll see very quickly if something is off. Anything off by more than 1 or 2 mm indicates some kind of impact deformation.

You can get the body repair manual from the NSX Prime Library and it has the control point dimensions.

Awesome to see that it went to a great new home! If it checks out ok visually underneath on a lift, and you can get good alignment, it wouldn't surprise me if the car frame is solid underneath.

Thanks for all the tips everyone. Its currently in the hands of Morgan P at the Acura dealer who is a master NSX tech. He walked me through lots of little odds and ends that he is going to take care of while he has it. Lots of little fasteners missing and brake lines routed incorrectly but no frame damage or structural concerns. Photo is after he took off the rear bar. He is also going to be installing a header to compliment the exhaust and hopefully a baffled oil pan if I can hunt one down quick enough. Doing the full big service to establish a baseline again. Next track day is in a couple weeks so will go into it with some added confidence.

Ill start a build thread if anyone wants to follow along. I got some little odds and ends interior pieces I also need to track down

IMG_4760.JPG

Back