• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pricing on this NA1 NSX?

This car is currently on Limp Mode …..
That's good intel you shared. Thanks.

Did the dealer just discover this, and are they going to address it? If they are not going to fix the issue then that's pretty much all I need to know. Also consider that the previous owner could have also encountered the issue and chose not to fix it. Trust that they know something you don't, and walk away.

But if they address the issue I would probably still need more research. Ask for a compression and leakdown test and see how they react. If they refuse, then most definitely walk away. Possibly I'd also ask to take it to a NOS tuner to see if they can determine how much boost it was tuned for. If they allow these tests, get them done and then reassess your interest.

Based on the service records the car has driven at least 10,000 miles with the NOS and did not crater. Perhaps it was tuned conservatively was not abused? But entering limp mode probably doesn't support that.

they were not going to address it. i watched the cars videos provided by the dealer and saw the CEL. asked bunch of quesstions and instead of giving a quick simple OBD reading and providing a code, they didnt answer the questions and mentioned the limp mode after that and said the car is due for a strong engine service. car had 75k miles in 2001, 85k miles in 2008, 95k miles in 2010 and after that 8k miles in 13 years. car is in need of a full paint job too. also you can see below the side skirts are not flat and straigh, idk why.... car has a urethane kit on it

they were not going to address it. i watched the cars videos provided by the dealer and saw the CEL. asked bunch of quesstions and instead of giving a quick simple OBD reading and providing a code, they didnt answer the questions and mentioned the limp mode after that and said the car is due for a strong engine service. car had 75k miles in 2001, 85k miles in 2008, 95k miles in 2010 and after that 8k miles in 13 years. car is in need of a full paint job too. also you can see below the side skirts are not flat and straigh, idk why.... car has a urethane kit on it
Sounds like you have already talked yourself out of it - I don't know why you'd even continue at this point. ???

Sounds like you have already talked yourself out of it - I don't know why you'd even continue at this point. ???
oh i was just collecting information about it just in case. this is also a clueless dealer too. may have someone go and check what the code is. some of us really want an NSX but cant afford the $70-80k versions lol.

oh i was just collecting information about it just in case. this is also a clueless dealer too. may have someone go and check what the code is. some of us really want an NSX but cant afford the $70-80k versions lol.
I keep hearing the saying that the cheapest NSX you can buy, will end up being the most expensive NSX you could buy!!! If you can do the work yourself, great, if not, between parts and labor, buying a car that needs work, will cost!!!!

I keep hearing the saying that the cheapest NSX you can buy, will end up being the most expensive NSX you could buy!!! If you can do the work yourself, great, if not, between parts and labor, buying a car that needs work, will cost!!!!
true. i am checking another clean title with high mileage atm. planning to make it my dailydriver

Not to be Debbie Downer - but 30 year old cars are a hobby not transportation.
I'd have no problem, jumping in my 20 year old car, with 90,000 miles on it, and driving cross country, or to NSXPO in Atlanta in Sept/Oct. The only concerns are idiots that get too close, while on the road, to get a look at it, and the damage they might cause, and the availability of parts, that are needing replacement on a time/mileage basis. I had the belts, hoses, TB/WP, etc service, in 2021, and even then getting all the parts, took weeks. If you buy a well maintained car, clean title, 300,000 miles isn't a stretch. I'm still on my original clutch, a replacement whether OEM or SOS are obtainable, just not inexpensive!

Thank you for the helpful info! I will continue my search.
I've decided to sell my 2002 NSX-T on Bring-a-Trailer. Everything is uploaded and ready to go. I expect it will be live the in early May, 2023. This is a one owner car, me, and I've left it the same as it left the factory.

Attachments

• _SUP5207 Finished.jpg
    _SUP5207 Finished.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 5
  • _SUP5221 finished.jpg
    _SUP5221 finished.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 4
  • _SUP5212 finished.jpg
    _SUP5212 finished.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 5
I've decided to sell my 2002 NSX-T on Bring-a-Trailer. Everything is uploaded and ready to go. I expect it will be live the in early May, 2023. This is a one owner car, me, and I've left it the same as it left the factory.
Beautiful NSX. Will be looking forward to its auction. Did the car come with red calipers from the factory? :)

Ha! No, SofS made that conversion for me. They match the red trimmed Zanardi floor mats. But, if you change out the floor mats and repainted the calipers, it would be just like it rolled out of the factory. Oh, no, one more thing - I added the remote door clicker, also from SofS. But that's it. https://stevelarsen.net/cars/acura-nsx/

If you're looking for a Brooklands Green there is one for sale right now on BaT. Definitely not a garage queen but not a bad car to start with.

If you're looking for a Brooklands Green there is one for sale right now on BaT. Definitely not a garage queen but not a bad car to start with.
Yes i am watching her rn

Maybe someone can pitch in or correct me, but I believe this car was a instagram raffle car. It was found, repaired and flipped.. or should I say, raffled off. I believe the guy who won it, almost immediately posted it for sale, but I’m not sure if it sold. Not that any of this matters, but just fyi.. if I find the posts, I’ll link them here.

Maybe someone can pitch in or correct me, but I believe this car was a instagram raffle car. It was found, repaired and flipped.. or should I say, raffled off. I believe the guy who won it, almost immediately posted it for sale, but I’m not sure if it sold. Not that any of this matters, but just fyi.. if I find the posts, I’ll link them here.
Yes please post if you can find them. There have been a lot of owners and some of them owned the car for short periods of time. This would explain the history a bit. I currently have the high bid but I know that 1. reserve has not been met and 2. I will not win, lol. My pockets are not very deep... but I wanted to get in on the action just for a moment.

I disagree. I've only glanced at the listing, but to me it looks like everything that's been done to that car -- maintenance, modifications, repairs, even the listing photography -- has been done badly.
I hear what you're saying. I am not looking for a pristine NSX, but would gladly take a "fixer upper" and bring it back to life, especially if I could get it on the cheaper side. Like I said though, I don't expect this one to stay in my current price range.

Well sure, who wouldn't?

But this car's too far gone. It's been treated like a college student's Civic by too many people.
Agree, this would have to be a full resto down to the frame. And, you'd have to pray to the NSX gods that there are no shoddy frame repairs.

I am the purchaser of the Brooklands Green NSX on BAT. (Not the one in CA from the original post). Lurked on here for awhile. First NSX for me, was looking for one I can take to casual club track days and auto x here in Portland, Or. Plans are to go through all the maintenance stuff, pull out the air cups, take off the tint, raise up the suspension and go back to a less wide/stretched wheel and tire combo. I wasnt looking for one I needed to be delicate or overly worry about and run over some cones with, which seamed like a bit of a challenging feat actually as the majority of these you all take excellent care of! Anyway, I will try and keep you all posted on how things go as I dive into this.

I am the purchaser of the Brooklands Green NSX on BAT. (Not the one in CA from the original post). Lurked on here for awhile. First NSX for me, was looking for one I can take to casual club track days and auto x here in Portland, Or. Plans are to go through all the maintenance stuff, pull out the air cups, take off the tint, raise up the suspension and go back to a less wide/stretched wheel and tire combo. I wasnt looking for one I needed to be delicate or overly worry about and run over some cones with, which seamed like a bit of a challenging feat actually as the majority of these you all take excellent care of! Anyway, I will try and keep you all posted on how things go as I dive into this.
Congratulations! I think you ended up with a great car for what you were looking for. I hope you have a lot of fun with it!

The nsx takes patience and skill to be a decent auto x car. It pushes and is slow to transition...I once took both my 2000 s2k and the nsx to an autox event and while the nsx was fun I got FTD in the stook..

Back