• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PRIDE Light Weight Exhaust 19.5 lbs (Stainless)

Order

Mark,
Can you describe the level of drone on the Pride LW vs. stock (I have an '01 NSX-T). I love the sound of the LW, just don't want the neighbors "in my business" if you know what I mean! If it's not too bad, I'd like to order an LW with the thick tips -- nice look. How do I order?

Zane

I think that "raspy" sound is from the camera angle and since it's a GoPro with wind noise, it might not be what you think it is. Cause after seeing that video couple of times and starting at the 1:09 marker I don't hear the "raspy/twangy" sound but more of a sports toned exhaust sound. Or maybe because I know what it sounds like in person, my brain is telling me that it's a sports rumble tone. Or, my definition of "raspiness" is different.

Also check out the videos posted by Caroline and see if you can still hear that sound from the video clips:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jbz1FtmJqyk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g_ZfMt0YCk8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wd5Y3ifWOAg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

I think the V2 is probably a better choice for you since you can't go wrong with it. And you're going to LOVE IT!

Thank you!

Mark @ PRIDE

With either exhaust you choose make sure you specify the thick wall tips........... has a nice stock look. I chose the V2 and could not be happier.

If you want the thick walled tips, you better move fast as I believe Mark only made a handful of these in both the LW and V2.

I was one of the other lucky ones to land a V2 with the thick-walled tips :).

If you want the thick walled tips, you better move fast as I believe Mark only made a handful of these in both the LW and V2.

Yup, I only made a few exhausts in the thick walled tips. Once it's sold out, don't know when I'll be deciding to make more. Might be couple of months or a year. We have a total of 12x different combos of designs (V1, V2, Light Weight,... etc.) and different styles of tips. As I am not planning to stock all 12x different styles in my warehouse, some will be limited edition which the thick walled tips are.

Mark,
Can you describe the level of drone on the Pride LW vs. stock (I have an '01 NSX-T). I love the sound of the LW, just don't want the neighbors "in my business" if you know what I mean! If it's not too bad, I'd like to order an LW with the thick tips -- nice look. How do I order?

Zane

Hello Zane,

It'll be hard to say because everybody's definition of "drone" is a bit different. I am in my mid thirties and most of my customers around my age said it's perfect and could be a little louder. Younger customers likes them loud therefore they added the test pipes and headers. It is a performance exhaust and it will have a deep exhaust tone. I would say from the sound level wise, stock is 1 and a loud obnoxious Civic with a broken muffler is a 10. Our Light Weight is a 6.5 in loudness. If you cruise below 2500 rpm heading home, your neighbors might barely hear that you're coming home.

I am the type of guy that always starts my Nsx in my garage for about 5 mins before I leave. My neighbors doesn't seem to bother at all even when I come home at 2am (rarely, LOL). I've gone through L.W., V1, and V2's.

I accept Paypal: [email protected]

Let me know if you're interested and what year is your NSX? I can send you a quote. Thank you very much!

Mark @ PRIDE

Loving mine so far!!!! Installed last week...

Thanks Mark!!!

could you pls post pictures of the "thick-walled tips"
Thanks.

I finally got the chance to install the Pride resonator test pipes. I knew it before I got the resonator test pipes that it would make this exhaust sound really good. A bit louder which what I wanted and deeper. All I can say is, it sounds good! I got a couple of video of it with stock cats and with resonator test pipes. For some reason these two video doesn't sounds like how it does in person. Still no drone! Anyways, You have to be here to know what I'm talking about when I say it sounds GOOD!

Pride GTLW with stock cats.

Pride GTLW with Pride resonator test pipes.

If you don't have an exhaust and looking for the right one, this is it for you. You won't be disappointed. And if you want it to sound even better or should I say "perfect" get the resonator test pipe to complete the system. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I will try to get a drive by video soon for you guys.

Last edited:
I believe mark is out of country, but I'm sure he'll respond as soon as he gets back.

Are these still available? pmed mark @ pride but never got a response.

Still got them.

I never got a response either...

Sorry, I've been traveling. I have 25x pm's. Will reply to all of them by Monday. Sorry guys.

I believe mark is out of country, but I'm sure he'll respond as soon as he gets back.

Yup.

makes sense, given the page after page of positive feedback his customers have left

:p

got to rode in carolin-nsx that have this exhaust on there. Man i'm in love. the sound is amazing. no drone what so ever. it's so quiet when cruising, but will sound like a beast on full throttle. I would definitely get this if I wasn't going turbo.
I highly recommend this exhaust to everyone.

I just had SoS install my LW/thick walled version along with a set of CT Headers and Mark's 300 cell cats. They're quality pieces of kit and along with the 20 lb. weight loss, the sound quality of my previously bone-stock X has greatly improved.

And as many have said, the service with Pride is excellent and I would have no problem ordering again.

Just spoke with Mark on the phone and ordered the last LW with thick walled tips. Mark seems like a nice guy, looking forward to getting this exhaust!:encouragement:

Just installed and I'm loving it! Perfect if you want a sightly more aggressive tone, but not so much that your neighbors get "all up in your business." :)

Would definitely buy from Mark again!

I just had SoS install my LW/thick walled version along with a set of CT Headers and Mark's 300 cell cats. They're quality pieces of kit and along with the 20 lb. weight loss, the sound quality of my previously bone-stock X has greatly improved.

And as many have said, the service with Pride is excellent and I would have no problem ordering again.

If you could. Pls post a picture of the "Thick Wall Tips"

Thanks

Just in case: it was posted before

20140114_160129_LLS_zps0178aed2.jpg

If you could. Pls post a picture of the "Thick Wall Tips"

Thanks

Just in case: it was posted before

20140114_160129_LLS_zps0178aed2.jpg

thanks.
Yes seen that one.

I wanted to see the thick walled tips full view not just one side of the exhaust or installed in a car. Pehaps if possible with different angles.

Last edited:
Back