• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pristine 92, Wht/blk, JH4NA1154NT000865, 29k mi, $32k

Purchase of a home without a garage is forcing the reluctant sale of my beautiful 92 NSX with 29,547 miles. It is white w/ black interior and is truly in pristine condition. It is stock and unmolested with the exception of a couple of mods. I purchased the car in November 2007 with 21,500 miles on it and brought it from Michigan. It was owned at the time by the Sales Manager of a new car dealership.

When the car arrived I immediately replaced the stock shocks with Bilsteins at the stock ride height. It has stock ‘94 year model 7-spoke wheels. I also replaced the brake caliper brackets with the Racing Brake +1 brackets and put RB +1 floating hat slotted rotors on the front and 1 piece slotted +1 RB rotors on the back, all with Hawk pads. I also removed the splash guards on all 4 corners, installed stainless lines, Dali carbon air deflectors in the front, and painted the rotors and brackets with black 2-part epoxy paint. The improvement to braking performance is incredible. Other than these modifications the car is bone stock. It has never been tracked or raced. It has been garaged every day of it’s life and has only seen rain once since I have owned it.

I have put 8,000 miles the car in the almost 2 years that I have had it and it has run flawlessly. I have changed the oil 3 times with Mobil 1. The car had the 60k service and timing belt before I bought it at 20,xxx miles. I have replaced all 3 of the speaker amps and the stock stereo with cd changer performs great. I checked the window regulators and it came from the factory with the updated regulator with aluminum cable block. Both windows perform 100% perfectly without popping noises or leaking air. I have also replaced the trunk and hatch struts and the antenna mast. Everything that the car needed when I bought it has been done. The areas where you can truly tell the condition of an older NSX show no typical degradation. The upper windshield molding, the door and window seals, the drips rail seals, the front dash garnish, the rear hatch rubber trim, the little rubber strips on the bottom of the b-pillar covers, the fender well liners, the engine cover, the center console, and many other small things that give away the exposure of these cars to the sun or the elements will tell you all you need to know about this car. I have owned 6 of these cars and with the exception of my ’97 which I purchased new this is by far the cleanest and they were all clean. Examine my pictures closely at http://www.egoshoppe.com/category-s/741.htm. They are high quality pics and if you know these cars you will know what you are looking at.

The car is in the snap ring range but I do not believe that the car will ever be affected. If you know anything about this problem you know that many of the cars in the range are fine. I have run this car to 8000 rpm at full throttle in first and second a quite a few times when surroundings permit. A car that has 30,000 miles and has been driven briskly a bit is not likely to fail in the future. The odds of a future failure have to be less than 5 percent. Many people make a big deal about this but it is really not. If you are not familiar with this problem, read up about it here at NSXPrime or on Daliracing. The transmission shifts flawlessly.

The car needs new rubber all the way around. I do not plan to replace the tires because I don’t know what tire the buyer would prefer. I will assist in having any tires mounted at the buyers expense prior to pickup if the buyer wishes.

Other than that this car is mechanically 100% to my knowledge and I am a mechanic and Formula Mazda racer. I engineer and mechanic my own race car and am meticulous when it comes to caring for my cars. This car needs NOTHING. It looks almost new all around, inside and underneath. The Carfax shows an accident in January 1994. I was told that it was the rear bumper only and my inspection confirmed that. The paint was not a perfect match to the quarters or trunk lid, which all match perfectly, and there is absolutely no frame horn repair or sheet metal repair in the trunk or underneath. It was reported to Carfax because it was paid for by insurance. I just had the front and rear bumper covers repainted. I repainted the front because of a scrape on the lower caused by something on the road and a few small nicks and chips that inevitably happen. I repainted the rear because the previous paint did not match perfectly and soon after installing the Hawk pads I discovered that the cold friction was not equal to that of the factory pads when I found the car had rolled back against my garage door during the night after applying the parking brake. It caused a pretty good scratch because it came to rest right on a garage door hinge.

This car is truly in exceptional condition. I will be shocked if the first person who sees it doesn’t buy it. That is as long as they are not tire kicking or low balling me. This is not a bargain NSX. I am asking $32,000. I will take off $1,000 with out the aftermarket brake parts. I still have the original rotors with their individually matched pads in excellent condition. I would recommend paying for the RB brakes.

I will happily deliver the car to a convenient shop for a pre-purchase inspection at your expense. I recommend Goodson Acura in Irving. They are the largest Acura dealer in Texas and have a lot of NSX experience.

Call me anytime at 214-502-8191 if you are seriously looking for an exceptional NSX.

Dave

Back