• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Problems with my Brake Lamp Failure Sensor...

Hi guys,

I got a problem regarding my brake lamp failure sensor... OK, my current condition is, I have checked that there is no Blown bulbs, with every bulb lights, when the brake pedal is pressed. But however, the brake lamp failure indicators lights up on my indication panel.

According to the service manual, I thought I have found out the problem with my left failure sensor. However, I have already got that changed... Although, the brake lamp does not lights up anymore as before, when I press my brake pedal after I switch the key from ACC to On. (Before I replace the failure sensor, the brake lamp failure indication will lights on after I turned my key from ACC to ignition ON position, and press my brake pedal.) But after a while (approximately 10 mins later), the failure indicator lights on my indicator panel, again...

Guys, I really need your advises... As I have getting tired thinking of other possibility anymore.... My mind is really exhausted by thinking for the solution for this problem...

If you guys have any idea in solving my problems, please feel free to leave me a message. Your keen of helping me up will be very much appreciated by me.

Cheers,
Caesar

Hi Caesar,
There's one thread discuss about grounding the wire regard on Brake Lamp Failure. You can do a search if you have time.
I still have two new sensor with me which it doesn't help to solve my Brake Lamp problem. It is for sale $100(2 pcs) if any one interested.
JIN should know very well about the NSX problem. would you be interested joining us some time? I have 2 NSX OEM Bose AMP still in working order. PM me if you interested. :wink:

Wiqaas.

Mine has been turning off lately (knock on wood) but yah I hate that damn light. Usually all I have to do is turn the car on/off (not starting just up to acc) and the light will disappear after a few tries. Let me know when you guys find a solution because I've already changed all the sensors and re-grounded the wires and still the light comes on at times.

Here is how I fixed my problem. The tailight sockets for the taillights are spring loaded, so the next time the warning light comes on, take a toothpick and press the back of the connector to get a better contact. or you can also pull on the wire back and snap it back to reseat the contacts. make sure you use 2057 bulbs and make sure that you turn the key off-on to reset the light. do one side at a time to isolate the problem. once you figure out the problem. replace the taillight harness. it is about $60 list. HTH. EIFFEL

I had intermitten problem with one tail light. Dash would light up, indicating bulb not working. When I would open & close trunk, this would often "cure" the problem for awhile, sometimes not. I took bulb out, replaced and tightened it. Worked for awhile...then not. For the heck of it, thought I'd try electical "bulb" grease (for connectivity) before trying any expensive part or repair. Have never had a problem since!!! Tube of grease cost $2. It's been almost a year now, with no indicator light or problem! Hope this helps someone out there.

Happy Motoring- Deborah in Knoxville

Ok... I fixed the brake lamp problem today.... by buying a used but working cluster $$$ :frown:

FWIW, my rpm gauge died last week also. I think it has something to do with the age of the car.

Henry.

I had that issue with my 91 but sold it a couple years ago. Another Primer "helpnsx" asked me recently about it and then he apparently solved the problem. Here's his private message to me, fwiw:

I fixed it bro. Please let everyone know I got another gauge cluster and sent it to brain k here on prime who repairs the climate controls . Evedently the capasaters in the speedo circuit board leak just like the climate control ones so he opened it and replaced all of them and sure enough no more brake light. I'm so happy today so is my x. Its been a problem for 3 yes.. so straight up if you want to fix it. By another speedo or send urs to brain k. I bought another cluster and had him fix it for preventative maintenance and he is working on my other one now and said there was leaking capasator all over the area of the nsx diagram ..anyway I'll have another one soon for sale....on another not it will get worse abt 6 months ago all the indicator lights were on. the doors open brake light truck etc. All the lights around the nsx diagram it dove me nuts finally I broke down and bought a new cluster. Hope this helps you I assure you its the issue...please pass this info on to anyone else out there as are cars are getting old this issue will plague many others... thx. Sorry for ramblin. Just a really great day getting this solved... matt

I don't know if this is the reason for everyone else's brake lamp failure indicator lighting up. Mine was at times intermittent and seemed to not come on sometimes when I would mess around with the wire for the third brake light where it clips onto the left trunk strut (although this was rare, usually it was lit up and drove me crazy). But it might be worth a further look.

David

Last edited:
I had that issue with my 91 but sold it a couple years ago. Another Primer "helpnsx" asked me recently about it and then he apparently solved the problem. Here's his private message to me, fwiw:

I fixed it bro. Please let everyone know I got another gauge cluster and sent it to brain k here on prime who repairs the climate controls . Evedently the capasaters in the speedo circuit board leak just like the climate control ones so he opened it and replaced all of them and sure enough no more brake light. I'm so happy today so is my x. Its been a problem for 3 yes.. so straight up if you want to fix it. By another speedo or send urs to brain k. I bought another cluster and had him fix it for preventative maintenance and he is working on my other one now and said there was leaking capasator all over the area of the nsx diagram ..anyway I'll have another one soon for sale....on another not it will get worse abt 6 months ago all the indicator lights were on. the doors open brake light truck etc. All the lights around the nsx diagram it dove me nuts finally I broke down and bought a new cluster. Hope this helps you I assure you its the issue...please pass this info on to anyone else out there as are cars are getting old this issue will plague many others... thx. Sorry for ramblin. Just a really great day getting this solved... matt

I don't know if this is the reason for everyone else's brake lamp failure indicator lighting up. Mine was at times intermittent and seemed to not come on sometimes when I would mess around with the wire for the third brake light where it clips onto the left trunk strut (although this was rare, usually it was lit up and drove me crazy). But it might be worth a further look.

David

I'll check my gauge cluster. Thanks nsx-files

Back