• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Professional car wash / detailing?

I'm getting ready to wash my NSX for the first time, and am a little intimidated by it. All this talk of Zymol/Zaino has me thinking this could be a full weekend project.

As an alternative, does anyone know of a good car wash place near Redwood City, CA -- one that I could trust with an NSX?

-Bob ('94 #496)

There's no such thing as a good car wash place for a perfect NSX; only in some imagined perfect world. No one washes my car, but me. My car's care is important to me. Ask yourself this: "If my girlfriend (or wife) needed a wash, who would you trust to wash her"? Obvious answer: "Nobody but me"!!! If you want something done right, do it yourself! And only Zaino's polish is on my car, none of that other stuff. IMO the weekend's work is certainly worth it to me. But you don't mind swirl marks and fine scratches in the clear coat of your paint, and possible new collateral damage from belt buckles on fat bellies, IMO take it to a "All Hand Wash" place. Best luck, and I say set the stereo to a good channel, park it under a nice tree and have some hard work/fun over the July 4 holiday. You won't regret it.

NSXY

I got my Zaino stuff mail order from Zaino in NJ (I think). Call or email Sal Zaino. He's very responsive. Look up Zaino's email and phone number on the Internet.

NSXY

Zaino products can be purchased directly from Zaino at...
http://www.zainobros.com/index.shtml

...or they can direct you to a local reseller. I got mine from a local reseller and I'm glad I did.

I made a new friend and got some great advice for washing and polishing. The price was the same as direct ordering from Zaino.

They have a great car wash product. See my posts on this subject in the Zymol/Zaino forum.

I would highly recommend that you do it yourself. It sounds a lot more complex than it is.

-Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Back