• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed Big Bore Throttle Body Service

PROSPEED BIG BORE THROTTLE BODY SERVICE!

Hi Guys,

We are proud to offer another item for the NSX. We've offered throttle body services for Civic, Integras, Preludes and S2000's for over 8 years. We now offer the big bore service for the NSX. All our throttle bodies are cleaned TPS sensors removed and bored with a taper. We can taper the throttle body and bore it out up to 4-5mm. We than replace the factory plate with a precision machined brass plate. This helps prevent the common sticking of the thottle plate that most big bore throttle bodies have. After machining the sensors are recalibrated to insure proper sensor readings. The service takes 3 to 5 business days plus shipping time back to you. You will need to ship your throttle body for the service or if you are local to the Southern California area you can drop it off to us.

We recommend port matching your manifold to any throttle body size increase to maximize gains. We also offer that service. PM me for details.

The extra flow makes this is a great mod for naturally aspirated NSX's and especially for forced induction (Turbo/Supercharged) NSX's.

Years:
91-94 NSX $239 shipped (Cable)
95-05 NSX $259 Shipped (Drive by wire)

Free shipping to anywhere in the US.
International shipping available.

PM me for information and orders!

Below are pics of our throttle body for the B-series engine.

Image516copy.jpg

Image515copy.jpg

NSX C-series engine throttle body

IMG_2382copy.jpg

IMG_2393copy.jpg

IMG_2392copy.jpg

Stock TB below
IMG_2260copy.jpg

IMG_2261copy.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Prospeed Big Bore Throttle Body Service!

Looks like a good product.... do you have any dyno proven gains for a FI NSX?

Interested but also would like to see some dyno info for non FI......

We will post up FI Dyno graphs soon. The test vehicle has our Prospeed Turbo Kit. We planned to do a before and after with the manifold being properly port matched to the Prospeed Big Bore Throttle Body.

I agree there hasn't been much gain but I believe it has to do with most NSX owners not port matching their manifold to the larger diameter throttle body. We've tested a big bore throttle body 10 years ago on a b18c gsr engine and saw no gains until we opened up the gasket and port matched the manifold. We saw 4-6 hp throughout the powerband with the increased throttle response. The most gain will be realized on a forced induction application.

I need one for sure!
maybe 2 or 3 for the 3.8L guys too.

the stock throttle and intake manifold stinks.
it's always been the bottleneck robbing power.
the NSX motor starves for air and this is perfect.

To get your intake manifold extrude honed it runs about 600 with you bringing it in. Don't forget the port and polish job on the heads....after everything said and done its gonna cost a pretty penny.

If you wish to have the gasket and intake manifold port matched for the big bore throttle body it will be $225. It will be perfectly port matched to your throttle body. I will have pics up of the service in a few weeks.

As far as a full port and polish we offer Portflow Design cylinder head service. We have it for $1399 for both heads

Service includes:

disassemble/ clean/ inspection
port & polish
multi-angle valve job
deshroud valve area in chamber
polish chambers
surface deck
assembly

We will have our updated website up soon with more NSX products we offer and will be offering in the near future!

Last edited:

With AIM engine management would it have to be remapped to get any gains or would just the act of opening up the air supply take care of itself ?
Very good offer BTW. Dont see how you make $ at this price but who asked me :wink:

With AIM engine management would it have to be remapped to get any gains or would just the act of opening up the air supply take care of itself ?
Very good offer BTW. Dont see how you make $ at this price but who asked me :wink:

Yes, anytime you doing anything such as port and polish, cams, compression increase/displacement increase and even bolt ons it's recommended to make fuel and ignition timing adjustments. An AEM system would be able to make the proper adjustments. I plan to do a custom rom tune for bolt-ons and the big bore throttle body. I will have a before and after dyno up for all to see soon.

I want to offer reasonable prices for everyone. I'm not making a lot of money but I love this car and the community. So I guess it's worth it! :smile: Oh BTW the service isn't done in China! :biggrin:

Brian, do you have any cores for a 95 that I can swap with you? :biggrin:

And how tough is the install / removal? Thx!

Sorry, No 95+ cores available. I can have your throttle body done is less than a week.

The throttle body removal is pretty straight forward. Most novice wrenchers should be able to remove their air box, unplug sensors, disconnect vacuum lines and a few bolts. If you need help I can always help remove it for you.

Orders have been shipped out today!

Bumpy this thread up to go along with the RDX injector discoveries and lets see some mild NA builds around prime :smile:

Have you encountered any issues with the Drive by wire cars? I was talking to SOS recently and they said they no longer offer Throttle body porting services on drive by wire cars because they were experiencing too many issues with the sensors.

thanks,

Steve

Have you encountered any issues with the Drive by wire cars? I was talking to SOS recently and they said they no longer offer Throttle body porting services on drive by wire cars because they were experiencing too many issues with the sensors.

thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

We haven't had any issues with them yet on the NSX or on the K-series throttle bodies we do.

Back