• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed NSX Sport Exhaust System

Sorry, found a fairer comparison: I believe these are the same cars...just different days on the same dyno.

This is more like it: give there is a 8 hp difference, it can be chalked up to different days of dynoing. Unless Bisimoto has more than 1 dyno or they replaced theirs. I don't know if 4000 mi of driving, maybe without an oil change, will eat up 8 hp either.

Either way, the important thing to take away here is the shape of tuned RDX injector curve is very similar to the baseline for the exhuast change so buy the Injectors+ECU tune for mid range bump and the exhaust for different sound an hp bump in the higher RPM range.

Actually no... It isn't from difference of days... if you look at his mods you can see he was running a pride exhaust. He made that power with Pride Exhaust, Pride headers and test pipe and the RDX ecu and tune. We actually removed it and installed the stock exhaust as you can see in the dyno run in the video of the stock exhaust. With the Stock exhaust he came in and baseline 248rwhp.

I would like to see how this exhaust compares to a ct gen 2 on a supercharged car.

I am actually building a supercharged version with larger diameter piping for the extra horsepower... It will be amazing! =)

Allow me to volunteer to test it for you. Love to dyno it vs the comptech Gen 2. :biggrin:

I have 2 spots left for the Intro price of $1245. This is an amazing price for the quality and power you get from this exhaust. You will fall in love with this exhaust trust me =) If you guys do a review and video I will give another discount. PM for details.

Like the idea but a little concern about the dynamics of flow that crosses & intersects before going thru to the other side. Some restrictions may apply? Or i could be wrong.

Like the idea but a little concern about the dynamics of flow that crosses & intersects before going thru to the other side. Some restrictions may apply? Or i could be wrong.

Our exhaust system is nearly equal length and if there is a restriction it doesn't show it with 17 RWHP and about 8-9 ft lbs of torque. If you ever look at high end porsche exhaust system many of them incorporate an X-pipe similar to ours.

Very interested in this.... Do you know if the sound will change with the larger diameter piping?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Going with slightly larger piping will change the sound but it should be slightly.

Actually no... It isn't from difference of days... if you look at his mods you can see he was running a pride exhaust. He made that power with Pride Exhaust, Pride headers and test pipe and the RDX ecu and tune. We actually removed it and installed the stock exhaust as you can see in the dyno run in the video of the stock exhaust. With the Stock exhaust he came in and baseline 248rwhp.

Sorry, some day I will eventually learn how to read correctly.

One thing I am curious about since it is the same car is on this dyno:

Here is Frumpbumps recent dyno charts!

His car has 175K miles on it. I had Bisi scale the AFR how most dynojet scale their AFR graphs.

-Blue line is with Pride exhaust, headers, test pipes and Factory ECU.
-Orange line is with Pride exhaust, headers, test pipes, RDX Injectors and Prospeed RDX Spec Program.

His car also responded well to the RDX injectors. He picked up 26ft lbs of torque at around 4000rpm and about 20whp. Up top he pick up a little over 10whp. Keep in mind his car has a lot of miles on it. Not bad at all! You can see how lean the NSX runs with a stock ecu, injectors and common bolt ons!

JacquelineNSXPwr1.jpg

JacquelineNSXAFR1.jpg

It shows a bump of 170.959 lb-ft to 196.553 lb-ft, but the hp actaully drops from 256.611 hp to 246.242 hp? I couldn't find it in the other thread, but prehaps you can clarify how the hp numbers seem swapped?
Dyno Proven
We tested our exhaust vs the OEM NSX exhaust with positive results. With hp gains of 17whp at 7500rpm and 7-8ft lbs of torque we were happy with the results.

Details:
Dyno: Dynapak dynometer

The car has about 179,XXX Miles on it (1991 NSX, 5speed)

Mods:
Before-Stock OEM Airbox, Pride Headers and Test pipes, Prospeed RDX Injector kit and ECU ROM tune, and OEM NSX exhaust.
After-Stock OEM Airbox, Pride Headers and Test pipes, Prospeed RDX Injector kit and ECU ROM tune, Prospeed DSE-01 Sport Exhaust

We tested the NSX with a stock muffler and made 3 runs to back them up... put the fan on the exhaust and removed and installed the Prospeed Exhaust within 45 mins. We than made 3 passes to verify. No other changes were made to the car.

PSE.jpg

Even though the Dyno's were conducted on different days, I think it's safe to state the obvious: the Prospeed Exhaust makes good gains over the stock exhaust.

geometro,

If you look at the "+" on the dyno graph and look to the left you can see it is a marker for where the torque or hp is at that particular rpm. See how one "+" is green and one "+" is yellow? Bisi just accidentally swapped the "+" so it reversed that's why it shows that lol... I can understand the confusion though... hope it makes sense.

Yes, this exhaust makes some serious power! =) Sounds sexy too!

I am actually building a supercharged version with larger diameter piping for the extra horsepower... It will be amazing! =)

I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing this. My 5.1 is starting to rattle...

Here's a customer with the Prospeed Sport Exhaust on a beautiful Midnight pearl 95 NSX. He's using NA2 headers and cats with adapter pipes. The car is surprisingly quiet at cruising speeds but really opens up when you get on it.

ProspeedExhaustbottomview.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, that's my ride. The exhaust sounds great at start-up and idle. It is loudest at 2K rmp and mellows out with no drone at cruising rpm's, but comes alive when you step on it. Nothing too obnoxious, so it works great for me as my car is a daily driver.

Hey, that's my ride. The exhaust sounds great at start-up and idle. It is loudest at 2K rmp and mellows out with no drone at cruising rpm's, but comes alive when you step on it. Nothing too obnoxious, so it works great for me as my car is a daily driver.

Hi XV2

Would just like to confirm. I currently have the SOS Endra ulta light exhaust and it drones particularly badly at 2k-2.5k rpm. As mine is also a daily driver and is a 95 with NA2 headers. Does your Prospeed drone at all.

Hi XV2

Would just like to confirm. I currently have the SOS Endra ulta light exhaust and it drones particularly badly at 2k-2.5k rpm. As mine is also a daily driver and is a 95 with NA2 headers. Does your Prospeed drone at all.

I've driven his car and I used to have a Taitec GTLW which is similar to the SoS Endura light and I would have to say the Taitec droned a lot compared to our Prospeed Exhaust. The exhaust does does get louder at 2K but doesn't drone like a GTLW and it quiets up nicely as you get to cruising rpm's with no drone. If you have test pipes or high flow cats at 2k it actually gets quieter.

I've driven his car and I used to have a Taitec GTLW which is similar to the SoS Endura light and I would have to say the Taitec droned a lot compared to our Prospeed Exhaust. The exhaust does does get louder at 2K but doesn't drone like a GTLW and it quiets up nicely as you get to cruising rpm's with no drone. If you have test pipes or high flow cats at 2k it actually gets quieter.

HI

Thanks for your response. I will consider the Prospeed Exhaust.

Hi Simon 95,
Sorry i didn't get back sooner. What Brian said is true it is loudest at 2K and quiets down at cruising 3K. There is no drone when you are at cruising.

Back