• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Prospeed Thermal Intake Gaskets

Hi Guys,

I have 10 Prospeed thermal gasket kits left in stock and ready to ship. This will be the last batch I plan to make. Now is the time to get them. =)

NSX Prime Group Buy Form

This is a:
[x] Direct vendor group buy
[ ] Third party group buy
If third party, payment will be made:
[x] Directly to the vendor (must link to vendor's NSX Prime Vendor page or include address and contact info.)
[ ] To a third party (Any third party taking payment must follow Vendor Requirements)

Minimum Number of Units: 10

Maximum Number of Units (can be unlimited): 15

Closing Date (max. 90 days - no open-ended group buys): 1 weeks (July 7th)

Product Will Ship:
[x] As payments are received
[ ] After the group buy is closed

Payment Procedure:
[ ] No deposit, payment due prior to shipping
[ ] Deposit of ____ upon sign up, balance due ________
[x] Payment in full upon signing up

Payment Methods Accepted : Paypal to ([email protected])

Estimated Delivery Time / Date: First come first serve. Once payment is made it will ship within 3-5 days. Gaskets ready to go.

Product Pricing : $60 lowest price ever! + $4 for option thermal washers. Normally retails for $100

Shipping & Insurance Costs (if not included): $7 (add $8 for international address)

Signup List :
Add your name to the list

Prospeed NSX Thermal Intake Gaskets

Hi Primers,

I would like to introduce a new product to the NSX community! The Prospeed Thermal Intake Gaskets for the NSX. I originally wanted to make these about 5 years ago and actually started on them but never got the time to get them completed. Fast forward to a few months ago... a fellow primer L_RAO wanted me to look into it again and build a set for his project.... well it's finally here and I am offering it to the NSX community.

Prospeed NSX Thermal Intake Gaskets
ProspeedGasket.jpg

Prospeed NSX Thermal Intake Gaskets and OEM NSX gaskets
Prospeedgasketandoem.jpg

Easy Installation
Prospeedgasketinstalled.jpg

Research and Development:

Insulating intake gaskets are nothing new to automobiles. It is a cheap and effective way to reduce intake temps due to the material and thickness of the gasket. This reduces the transfer of heat from the engine head to the intake manifold. A quick Google search and you can see some huge intake temp drops from 10°F to 30°F! Most OEM intake gaskets use either paper or metal in their gasket material.... both are not good at insulating heat transfer.

Honda did their research and actually designed a phenolic gasket with a rubber seal that is superior to both paper and gasket. I believed there was still room for improvement going with a thicker material and improved insulating material. I needed to test it to see if there are any gains to be made.

This info is from Hondata's website http://www.hondata.com/heatshieldgasket.html

"Fact: For every 3.3 °C (5° F) rise in intake temperature, air density drops 1%. The hotter the air, the less fuel the computer injects to compensate for reduced oxygen. HondaLogger datalogging software has enabled us to measure intake air temperature under varied driving conditions.

Around town, testing has shown an average drop of around 10 degrees C which is good for around 3 percent power increase. Remember though that 3 percent power increase is difficult to feel. You'd feel a greater change in performance getting rid of that passenger. In certain conditions a 30° C drop has been measured."

tempgraph.gif

I wasn't expecting huge gains but somewhere in the range of 5 to 10°F cooler intake temps with the Prospeed Thermal Intake Gasket alone.. I also wanted to do a coolant bypass mod to reduce intake air temps. I bypassed the coolant line under the throttle body, Fast Idle Valve and Intake Air Control Valve (IACV). I wanted to see how both of them work together to maximize temp drops.

I used a digital ambient thermometer, infrared digital thermometer gun and custom data logging via laptop to monitor intake air temps through the OEM IAT sensor.

Results:
Here are the results.... There are a lot of variables when it comes to testing temperature... I tried my very best to eliminate as much variables as possible by always measuring the temps on the manifold in the same location and distance. I also made sure rest times were identical. All road testing was done on the same route and same throttle percentage to duplicate similar conditions.

First the stock gasket VS. Prospeed Thermal Gasket
IntakeGasketTemperatureDataOverAmbient.jpg

IntakeAirTemperatureDatalogs0-60mphcruising.jpg

IntakeAirTemperatureDatalogs30-80mph.jpg

Here is the Prospeed Gasket and coolant bypass mod.
IntakeAirTemperatureDatalogs0-60mphcruising.jpg

IntakeAirTemperatureDatalogs30-80mphCoolantBypass.jpg

Conclusion:
As you can see we were able to get some great results from the Prospeed Thermal Intake Gaskets and coolant bypass mod. I spent hours and hours testing this and the results were always the same... It works as advertised =)
After a hard run I was even able to place my hand on the intake manifold because of the intake temp drops... =)

The Coolant bypass mod bypasses the throttle body, Fast Idle Valve and Idle Air Control Valve. Besides taking it a little longer to warm up when cold there has been no side effects. The car idles and runs great. I don't recommend anyone in freezing temps to to the coolant bypass mod as it could cause your throttle body to stick.

All in all, I was extremely please with both the Prospeed intake gaskets and bypass mod and this is a great mod for any NSX... naturally aspirated,turbo, or supercharged.

Why get the Prospeed Thermal Intake gaskets?

-Fits all NSX's 91-05
-We use a special high temp plastic that is precision machined for perfect fitment. High quality gaskets.
-Better price over OEM. OEM intake gaskets are over $150 for a pair retail.
-Lower intake temps= cooler intake charge= more horsepower!
-Intake temp drops from 10°F up to 20°F with coolant bypass mod.
-Keeps temps down and cools quicker for less heat bog and more power on tap.
-Great for turbo and supercharger guys looking to cool down intake charge.
-Completely reusable just like OEM gasket.
-Easy to install. Takes less than 30 mins.
-Installation instructions included.
-Made in the USA.

Retail: $100

Last edited:
Signup List :
1. mp600
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Money sent)

Last edited:
Hi,

Brian, i still want the washers that are optional with these gaskets... just need a
total and a paypal address of them shipped to me through USPS Priority.

Nuno

Signup List :
1. mp600
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Money sent)
5. sippy2

I want one too :)

Signup List :
1. mp600
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Money sent)
5. sippy2
6. Winreboot

I want these with the optional washers but I need overnight shipping

Signup List :
1. mp600
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Money sent)
5. sippy2
6. Winreboot
7. Macgruber with optional washers

Signup List :
1. mp600
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Money sent)
5. sippy2
6. Winreboot
8. Moses

Signup List :
1. mp600
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Money sent)
5. sippy2
6. Winreboot
8. Moses
9.Racinghart nsx

Signup List :
1. mp600
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Money sent)
5. sippy2
6. Winreboot
8. Moses
9.Racinghart nsx
10.NSaneXr

Signup List :
1. mp600
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Money sent)
5. sippy2
6. Winreboot
8. Moses
9.Racinghart nsx
10.NSaneXr
11.PhAnToM

1. mp600 (Paid)
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Paid)
5. sippy2 (Paid)
6. Winreboot
8. Moses
9.Racinghart nsx
10.NSaneXr (Paid)
11.PhAnToM

Thanks guys! for those who have sent please put (Paid) and in the description when paying with paypal your screen name so I can make sure it gets to you. =) I will update the list as soon as I can as well. I know a few have paid but not sure which one!

I didn't include the optional washers with this deal but if you want them they are only $4 for the set extra.

The thermal washers takes it one step further and helps prevent the heat transfer from the bolt to the manifold. It is sandwiched between the intake manifold and nut.

Unhuz,

Just pay for shipping and handling bud its $14 to Portugal.

Thanks

Last edited:
I want these with the optional washers but I need overnight shipping

Signup List :
1. mp600
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Money sent)
5. sippy2
6. Winreboot

I can overnight if you like it would leave Monday however. It is $20 for shipping and $4 for washers. Thanks!

Thank you Nuno!

I'll take a set

Last edited:
1. mp600 (Paid)
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX (Paid)
5. sippy2 (Paid)
6. Winreboot
8. Moses
9.Racinghart nsx
10.NSaneXr (Paid)
11.PhAnToM
12. Gary W-with washers

Brian, I'd like a set of the washers too. Can you just leave them with Ramon and I'll cover him when I swing by later this week?

1. mp600 (Paid)
2. NSX1145
3. azn8v
4. Alas-NSX w/ Washers (Paid)
5. sippy2 (Paid)
6. Winreboot
8. Moses
9.Racinghart nsx
10.NSaneXr (Paid)
11.PhAnToM
12. Gary W-with washers

Brian, I'd like a set of the washers too. Can you just leave them with Ramon and I'll cover him when I swing by later this week?

No Worries! Will do!

1. mp600 (Paid)
2. NSX1145 (Paid)
3. azn8v (Paid)
4. Alas-NSX (Paid)
5. sippy2 (Paid)
6. Winreboot (Paid)
8. Moses
9.Racinghart nsx
10.NSaneXr (Paid)
11.PhAnToM (Pick Up)
12. Gary W-with washers

Thanks guys!

1. mp600 (Paid)
2. NSX1145 (Paid)
3. azn8v (Paid)
4. Alas-NSX (Paid)
5. sippy2 (Paid)
6. Winreboot (Paid)
7. Macgruber w/optional washers overnight (Paid)
8. Moses
9.Racinghart nsx
10.NSaneXr (Paid)
11.PhAnToM (Pick Up)
12. Gary W-with washers

Back