• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Proud new owner of a 95 5MT/SC

Picked up a 95 NSX-T 5 speed with 44k on the clock last year. It came with a CT Engineering(comptech) supercharger kit with ct headers and exhaust. Aside from having some ugly aftermarket wheels and front plate, the car is a dream. Some slight wear on the driver bolster though. I didn't get the hype behind the NSX at first but more seat time has heavily swayed my opinion. Its got such an awesome seating position and such a great cockpit :)

I already got rid of the nasty wheels and got put the OEM wheels back on after getting them refinished in blades silver finish. Just got some OEM centercaps with the same finish. I'll be posting more pictures soon. Glad to be a part of this community, oh and I'm from chicago :)

These are pictures from the original FS ad. Yeah it looks like the previous owner took pictures from a camera from 1995 too lol

Plans for the car are minimal.
-stock wheels refinished in blades silver(already done)
-mild drop(CT springs/koni's) already acquired
-wheel spacers-need to purchase
-maintenance. Was told the belt had ~10k miles on it. Will probably take a peek at it this winter. Recently the CEL came on for random multiple misfire, will take a look into it.
-maybe a slightly rowdier exhaust. The CT system is very quiet. All my other cars are very loud :)

vCRQf0X.jpg

1n8mZrk.jpg

9Lp7wQn.jpg

9NdnPbV.jpg

NUUYzHP.jpg

Last edited:
story behind the car is, the previous owner was an older guy. larger older guy and he wasn't able to get in/out of the car any longer just due to his age and size. Which I suspect is the reason for the bolster wear. He didn't do any of the work himself on the car but purchased it as-is from the owner before him who had all the work done. This guy owned the car for 14 years or so. Put easy miles on it, didn't really do much with it. Lived in the middle of nowhere in OK.

He put the FS ad up but had a landline as the listed number. My buddy is the one who actually found this car and sent it to me on a whim. The owner of the car actually lived and worked in the motel that can be seen in the background of the FS pictures, so if you didn't catch him during business hours, good luck getting a hold of him at all. It also made getting in touch with him a bit more difficult than usual because who doesn't have a cell phone nowdays? Originally I thought the ad was a scam because I saw it listed in a few different places online with different locations. It took me a few tries to get a hold of him and when I finally was able to talk to him I was pretty skeptical myself. Car was listed for $60k. Fortunately, after having an initial nice long talk with him, then a few more on later occasions I mustered up the courage to book a flight to check out the car.

Flew into my buddies place in Dallas and rented a u-haul trailer and a buddy of mine lent me his truck for the trip :)
EHGcjL3.jpg

FxK7hmm.jpg

Drove a few hrs into OK and this is what the destination finally looked like after driving for a few hours :eek: it was literally in the middle of nowhere. I still wasn't sure if this car was real or even existed.
fYsi9Aw.jpg

Thankfully, after I met the gentlemen, he ended up being real and after he opened his pyramid, the NSX emerged. :D
BnaGgda.jpg

9ov4n5N.jpg

It was such a cool feeling to hold this key for the first time
JlJubmt.jpg

We ended up making a deal(for an undisclosed amount) and my brother and buddy helped to load up the car. This NSX was officially mine!
3pkmrQc.jpg

99098yX.jpg

On the drive home stopped by AZ to grab some oil and a filter. Old hadn't been changed in some time and I didn't want to drive it more than it needed.
TKcJAqW.jpg

It did come with a bunch of OEM stuff. I won't bore you guys with pictures of boxes stock parts. The wheels weren't in the best shape and I didn't like the gunmetal finish either :( I had plans to fix that though
3tBZfJL.jpg

25BdLBf.jpg

9lyNmrp.jpg

I'll resume later

Last edited:
Pretty cool story! I can feel the excitement. It’s almost like a barn find. I have a 95 also. Did you have a VR4 or still do? I sold my 91 VR4 last year. NSX is a different beast though. Especially yours being supercharged. Congrats!

nice! a fellow vr4 owner! yeah ive been a vr4 fanatic my whole life. My 96 single turbo 600whp vr4 caught on fire in 2019 and ive since been gifted another from my brother which is a work in progress. :) ill share more details about my other rides once i get the NSX content up to date in this thread first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmtcGlz98vg

yeah this car was almost like a barn find :)

Cool story and congrats on the find! You should start a build thread to document the changes!

nice............ Egyptian barn find:wink:

Congratulations and cool story.
As others have mentioned, what an interesting garage. The barbed wire fence is a nice touch to keep his toys safe.
Looking forward to hearing about the upcoming build.
Enjoy the ownership.

so continuing with the story, we picked up the car from OK, drove it back to Dallas and I left it at my buddies house for a few weeks as I worked on logistics to get it shipped back home to me. My buddy neatly wrapped up all the spare parts in foam and put everything as much as would fit inside the car and trunk. huge help. Then I got in touch with my shipper and had the car transported.

Here is she getting loaded up on the trailer from TX
MmhZ3xT.jpg

and here is is finally in my possession :)
sv0bCFj.jpg

xCQ3h3m.jpg

I quickly drove her home and parked her next to her new stablemate :)
CzGuDjS.jpg

To be continued...

That’s a pretty nice stablemate! I’m officially jealous. FD Rx7 or R3x GTR is next on my list. Wide body and all. I think some additional pics of the FD are needed! Haha

not to get this thread too far off topic...the FD recently got a makeover. Installed the rear spoiler, new front fenders/hood and bumper and vanity plate. also i noticed your username, nsx and Z...which Z we talkin about? I think i might have one of those too :D
5yNPzF4.jpg

Last edited:
not to get this thread too far off topic...the FD recently got a makeover. Installed the rear spoiler, new front fenders/hood and bumper and vanity plate. also i noticed your username, nsx and Z...which Z we talkin about? I think i might have one of those too :D
5yNPzF4.jpg

That’s hot right there! Looks like you and I have very similar taste. I’d totally get you off topic with that FD build. Lol. I have a 93 300ZX TT which is going under the knife this winter…I really wanted to keep it stock but somehow the original turbos are failing at 30k miles…it was a Texas car that was in storage for years and all the rubber was cooked. It needs a complete overhaul unfortunately. So, it’s getting bigger turbos, injectors and the works. We’re aiming for around 450whp for now with room to grow.

Last edited:
Haha that's awesome! Well i should let the cat ouf of the bag. Im blessed enough to own all of the 90s cars. I have everything except for a GTR. My brothers and I own a small repair shop and since weve all been car fanatics since birth, these are just the perks of having a shop and being able to wrench on cars yourself. :)

Additionally all of my cars are single turbo. Except the nsx. ;) Equal length single turbo headers do wonders for the sound and im a bit of an audiophile when it comes to exhaust notes and the orchestra of boosted cars. I'll post a link to my 300Zx build so you can check it out. I just finished the cosmetics earlier this year.
qrW631I.jpg

Last edited:
Dang! You’ve officially made me mad jealous. Lol. That’s freakin awesome. Literally my dream collection right there. All your cars look so damn clean! Love to follow your journey with the NSX.

Congratulations and welcome.

I'm not sure if you have seen this thread, but it does a pretty good job capturing my thoughts over my (now) 21+ years of ownership. Lots of good links and info (imo) that will help direct you in the right direction for getting help and support as you start projects and maintenance...

Also, if you are not a member of the NSX Owners Group on Facebook, join that group as well. That is were you will get the quickest responses from actual owners and where I post my Friday "Tech Tip" series...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...to-new-NSX-Owners-(and-maybe-some-not-so-new)

Congratulations and welcome.

I'm not sure if you have seen this thread, but it does a pretty good job capturing my thoughts over my (now) 21+ years of ownership. Lots of good links and info (imo) that will help direct you in the right direction for getting help and support as you start projects and maintenance...

Also, if you are not a member of the NSX Owners Group on Facebook, join that group as well. That is were you will get the quickest responses from actual owners and where I post my Friday "Tech Tip" series...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...to-new-NSX-Owners-(and-maybe-some-not-so-new)

Thanks! I am actually on the FB groups but I recently deactivated my FB account, just too much of a waste of time. I'm sure ill be able to navigate my way around without social media. I'll check the thread out, thanks again.

I had a black 93 R1 in the day before nsx..

Back