• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PSA: Bose Speakers (for those wishing to stay OEM)

***************************************************************************************Public Service Announcement*************************************************************************************************
If you are looking at replacing your OEM speakers, then you have two options to get back to clear audio. You can either rebuild the amps (speakers rarely fail) or you can buy all new OEM speaker systems from Bose. If after removing said speakers from the car you notice that the tabs are ALL intact and the speaker to be operational...then call Brian Kiehnau and have him rebuild your amps (other vendors may exist such as SOS and Wilman's).

If you are NOT interested in this DIY repair or the enclosure is somehow compromised then you can still buy any or all of the speakers directly from Bose.

Bose sells said speakers, enclosures, amps, all with NEW tabs, NEW parts and a shiny new warranty for...wait for it...$140 per speaker (center rear is ~$50.) This is a plug and play setup. It includes the speaker, amp and external enclosure just like they currently sit in the car.

Details - Patty at Bose 508/766-9522. I just bought a complete set for $446 delivered. Brand new. This is my fourth set (I put a new set in every NSX.)

And, if you want to take your old OEMs apart, the above vendors will buy your amps to rebuild.

Last edited:
Thanks for the PSA Speedmaster! Great to have all this info in one place which will be easy to find with a search.

How do the Oem Bose speakers sound? Do they go loud enough to hear clearly over loud exhausts, supercharger whine, etc?

Jinks - They are plenty loud. I have a loud-ish exhaust and I can jam and listen to Gorillaz at the same time.
I have a high power system already but to be honest I never really liked it. Bass is too loud and mids are tinny sounding. I run alpine r componants , amp, and JL woofer. I now am looking for something more clear and robust sounding. Not loud and obnoxious. So does Bose sell the whole woofer set up too? Is the price you posted including the woofer?

I have a high power system already but to be honest I never really liked it. Bass is too loud and mids are tinny sounding. I run alpine r componants , amp, and JL woofer. I now am looking for something more clear and robust sounding. Not loud and obnoxious. So does Bose sell the whole woofer set up too? Is the price you posted including the woofer?

This is OEM, not high-fidelity. I like it, but I am pretty sure people on this forum have better options if that is your route.

As to this kit, each speaker whether it be the door or the footwell, are each $140. That is the entire enclosure with amps; true plug and play as it came from the factory.

This is OEM, not high-fidelity. I like it, but I am pretty sure people on this forum have better options if that is your route.

As to this kit, each speaker whether it be the door or the footwell, are each $140. That is the entire enclosure with amps; true plug and play as it came from the factory.
Awesome. Just call and talk to Patty, huh? Thanks!

This is great news. It is cheaper than just rebuilding the amps since it also comes with new speaker and enclosure.

I am curious how much better it sounds comparing with rebuilt amp/old speakers?

Is this a limited quantity deal or they have plenty in stock?

Thanks for this great news.

Just ordered a set WOOT im am so happy because my amps are just starting to go.

Thank you so much Speedmaster

Last edited:
I never received mine =/

update: Finally received them. There was an issue with address.

Cant wait to install these.

Last edited:

I bought the Bose speakers new as stated here, years ago. I had initially called about new head units, but was told they did not manufacture them, Kenwood did and that I should contact them to check for more information. She said "We do however offer the speakers" and that was when I'd found out about the availability of them new. I've had the new right, left, and sub since 2010 or 2011 or so with no problems at all. My car had been a hack job of aftermarket stereo and my door speakers were missing when I got it. It's been a long time, but I want to say when I talked to Kenwood I was told they don't sell new units, but your factory piece could be sent in for inspection/repair.

I bought the Bose speakers new as stated here, years ago. I had initially called about new head units, but was told they did not manufacture them, Kenwood did and that I should contact them to check for more information. She said "We do however offer the speakers" and that was when I'd found out about the availability of them new. I've had the new right, left, and sub since 2010 or 2011 or so with no problems at all. My car had been a hack job of aftermarket stereo and my door speakers were missing when I got it. It's been a long time, but I want to say when I talked to Kenwood I was told they don't sell new units, but your factory piece could be sent in for inspection/repair.

Thanks for the reply/review about the Bose speakers and information about the Kenwood head unit!

I hope you'll update this thread with how they sound when you get the new ones installed. My car came with an extra set of door speakers that I believe the previous owner said he had taken out and replaced with the ones that are currently in the doors. However, I didn't really get into the details of where he sourced the new ones, whether he bought them new from Acura or if he purchased them used from another owner. Well, I have noticed that they are now going bad. Crackles, high pitched whine here and there, etc. When I read this thread I was excited to be able to get some new fresh ones from Bose, but then I started thinking that if the ones that are in my car now were essentially "new" then maybe getting them from Bose isn't the best approach. Presumably Bose hasn't been cranking these out the whole time, they are just left over stock and while they haven't had electricity running through the components, they do age and fall out of spec. I think I'm going to send my duplicate set in to be recapped and aligned so that I'll know that the capacitors are fresh and the speakers have been tested to be in spec recently. Hopefully your new Bose ones will sound great and will stay that way for many years.

Pretty good deal $140 for factory new vs $90-100 to get the amps repaired. Ordered both sides, thanks for the heads up!

Pretty good deal $140 for factory new vs $90-100 to get the amps repaired. Ordered both sides, thanks for the heads up!

Have you received and installed your "new" speakers from Bose? I'm interested in hearing how these ones sound. My assumption is that these have been sitting on the shelf for a number of years and weren't recently manufactured. So the fear is that the electrolytic capacitors have been aging/drying out and will have problems associated with that. I have an a duplicate set that I got with my car because the previous owner had replaced them. Not sure if the replacement ones in the car came from Bose (probably not since it was before this thread), "new" from Acura, or used from another owner. But they are starting to crackle and have poor response at low volume. I'm thinking that even though I could get "new" ones from Bose for close to the same cost as having the old ones to refreshed, the refreshing route might be the better option as I'll know that all of the age sensitive components have been updated and the whole circuit has been aligned to spec. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Back