• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Purchased my NEW 1992 and quickly learned how to check and change Transmission Fluid!

Got bored today and dig in my tranny pile to give you a visual of the missing bolt, notice it is hollow for the spring insert.. where the spring putting pressure to the bearing onto the shift rod when in gear to avoid slippage. But still can drive without it..

Edit.. removed pix.. Larry confirm it for the oil gally not for the linkage.

Last edited:
Wow, what an amazing story. Glad to know that it all works out for you at the end. And it is good to know that there are still people out there willing to help.

Got bored today and dig in my tranny pile to give you a visual of the missing bolt, notice it is hollow for the spring insert.. where the spring putting pressure to the bearing onto the shift rod when in gear to avoid slippage. But still can drive without it..

That is NOT the bot in question. Those are detents for the shift linkage, and not related to the bolt missing in this case.

The bolt missing is:

90024-612-000 BOLT, SEALING (8MM)

It is a plug for the oil gally of the trans.

Regards,
LarryB

thanks closetprisoner and larryb, I'll go see if I can find the correct plug and install it without having to remove the entire transmission to get to it. I was able to apply some torque on the bolt with a flex-line ratchet that bends to a 90 degree angle and just barely slips on over the head of my patch. It has to be a craftsman as the other generic brands have a head that is 1 mm too thick to fit in this very hard to reach area. Since my last post I did a flush with redline MTL (stuff is hard to find). I wrote a whole post about why I selected the replacement fluid, but somehow when I submitted it, the post didn't save. So far so good. Been researching on what shoes to get for my new baby. Really appreciate the continued help.

Back